✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Actually Lovers in Japan (Though its acoustic) thread! The Discussion thread

And I agree with all of you, it definitely reminds me of older Coldplay in all aspects of the song - lyrics, instruments, singing, everything. Its a perfect mix of all eras, especially the Blue Room through to AROBTTH eras. And I love the atmospheric feel to it. Very etheral (or however you spell it), I'd say. Like See You Soon, but more lush and passionate, like Sleeping Sun but more beautiful. I think this is truly a Coldplay classic :nice:

You're right! for me it's like See You Soon/Sleeping Sun/A Message all thrown into a blender and the result is a modern Coldplay Classic :) and we've yet to hear Reign Of Love...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I just realised.

I realised that one of the most impressive things for me is that Martin has obviously, at some point, sat down with Gwyneth and said, "Listen, for me to start writing good music again I need to go back to things that aren't you."

This song is so real and so close to home that it may as well be lifted directly from A Rush of Blood to the Parachutes.

You know what I just realised.

I realised that one of the most impressive things for me is that Martin has obviously, at some point, sat down with Gwyneth and said, "Listen, for me to start writing good music again I need to go back to things that aren't you."

This song is so real and so close to home that it may as well be lifted directly from A Rush of Blood to the Parachutes.

This post just made me SO happy!!:)

Could somebody please upload it somewhere other than SENDSPACE -- the link on the front page works, but the site has timed out or something. And from all these comments, I can tell I'm missing out...!

PLEASE SOMEONE! :D:D:D

There's a RapidShare link in Yamfox's thread in MM.

Wow.

I liked it during my first listen, loved it during the second, and during the 3rd I came to a horrible realization:

Finding a favorite song on this album will be heartbreaking and excruciating. HOW AM I GOING TO CHOOSE?!

johnny should honestly ditch his electric guitar he is way way way better on acoustic and slide. the old coldplay is BACK!!! no more stadium rock shit

Ironic, isn't it, that their 'new directions' brought out what most of us loved about their old sound!;)

Ironic, isn't it, that their 'new directions' brought out what most of us loved about their old sound!;)

It will probably be electric on the album, I figure... I don't mind that, but a lot of people are in love with the acoustic cut. It's the risk of releasing multiple versions of the same tracks, I suppose.

I know. I had a feeling it would, their greatest strengths seem to be unconscious ones, and they've been overthinking lately.

Ah, sooo good to have them back. That song is like the perfect lullaby acoustic - in the best way possible. :nice: :sleep:

I just can't believe the astounding quality of everything we've heard so far. I was worried because of x&y, but they really outdid themselves on this album. I can't wait to hear the album versions of this song and Death and all his friends, they're very moving songs.

I know. I had a feeling it would, their greatest strengths seem to be unconscious ones, and they've been overthinking lately.

Ah, sooo good to have them back. That song is like the perfect lullaby acoustic - in the best way possible. :nice: :sleep:

I have to agree. It seems like when Coldplay try too hard they end up sabotaging themselves. That's why I hope they keep incorporating new and odd instruments into their music. The less familiar the musical territory, the less likely they are to fall in the trap of being perfectionists.