✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Actually Lovers in Japan (Though its acoustic) thread! The Discussion thread

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the songs is gorgeous! the lyrics are so simple and short but still so meaningful!

the music is awesome, I can't wait to hear the non/acoustic version!!!

very different from the other songs we have heard, proving Coldplay has done it again!!! I can't literally wait for the album...

cheers!

had to log back on after hearing this song again...this song is so damn beautiful...everything about it is perfect...i love this version but i know the album version will blow me totally away...

almost in tears listening to it now...so brilliant

i can't get over how much i LOVE this song. i think it might even surpass LIT for me, second only to VLV. it makes me want to cry, it's just so...nice.

it's a perfect mix of everything they've done before, just like most of the other songs we've heard so far. it's very parachutes, very AROBTTH, and a tiny bit X&Y in my opinion, and that's exactly how it should be.

i'm so impressed by this album already that i can hardly believe it. i don't know exactly what i was expecting, but i wasn't expecting something as good as AROBTTH is for me. and so far...it's coming up quite parallel to it and parachutes. that was too much to ask for for me to even consider back in november/december, when i was worried, but now it's almost definitely a reality so far. i just can hardly believe that i'm getting exactly what i wanted from them, because i had some interesting standards.

This song grabbed me emotionally and made me think about all this stuff in my past and it just....it really moved me. I think I'm in love with this song. I don't think this is a song like violet hill that is just about any old story they've come up with, I think this is a really personal song to chris. and I think that's why it's moved me more than the rest of the songs on the album.

:love:

i agree. in some recent interview, chris made a comment about how he and the guys always see these amazing sunsets while they're in japan, and that's what it makes me think of...just this really beautiful sunset and a nice couple.

i love that chris is seeming to write really personal songs again. X&Y lacked those, i think. parachutes and AROBTTH...you can tell he felt and experienced all the things in the lyrics there, and they were so perfectly brought out in the music. i just didn't feel the same level of emotional involvement with X&Y, regardless of whether or not chris experienced all those things. it was a bit...impersonal. this, i just know it comes from a real experience.

you all are right, it's very sleeping-sun-ish :nice:. was i right or was i right when i said way back when that since sleeping sun is the last thing we really heard from then, we should look to it for what to expect? :P

(just kidding :D)

I'm with Semy. I am not sure what they can do to make this song better. An utter 11/10, and a sure-fire hit with the people who have been a little miffed with the new Coldplay. This is beautiful, and reminds me of older Coldplay, like, say, See You Soon. Amazing. Wonderful. Fantastic.

Viva Coldplay.

Lovers In Japan is certainly the best of the new songs I have heard and quite possibly my most favorite song since anything on AROBTTH. I am very excited to see the atmospheric lushness that Eno will bring to this already classic Coldplay tune for the studio version. I am so ready for Viva La Vida. I am in desperate need of a Coldplay pick-me-up. Nothin' better:-)

I love the instrumentals

the lyrics are alright. I will say even though there are parts where he could have chosen better words. But there is so much more feeling in chris' singing than in anything in X&Y. I'll give it an 8/10.

Wow, so it's really good? I haven't listened to it yet.

I'm waiting until the album is released. I really want a full quality, really special moment when I first listen to it. I already listened to a bad quality version of Life in Technicolor and it's just not the same.

I'm waiting until the album is released. I really want a full quality, really special moment when I first listen to it. I already listened to a bad quality version of Life in Technicolor and it's just not the same.

for me it won't ruin it, listening to it start to finish in great quality will still be incredible regardless of when i hear the album. music is music.

do yall think Reign of Love is included in this acoustic? i don't think so, i think it's a seperate song, and i hope it is too.

You are stronger than me but you are making the better decision. There is nothing like listening to an incredible album for the first time. Bliss!!

It is very good quality for a radio rip. Well worth a listen! :D

But its up to you to wait though :wink:

And I agree with all of you, it definitely reminds me of older Coldplay in all aspects of the song - lyrics, instruments, singing, everything. Its a perfect mix of all eras, especially the Blue Room through to AROBTTH eras. And I love the atmospheric feel to it. Very etheral (or however you spell it), I'd say. Like See You Soon, but more lush and passionate, like Sleeping Sun but more beautiful. I think this is truly a Coldplay classic :nice: