✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

why is LOST! so popular

NeSs1776

lost! is my very favourite tune.It has me wanting more but I find the band teases and pulls back,not giving as much as they could and would in the song.I love the message they send in the song as well.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I don't think I have a more disturbed relationship with any other Coldplay song than Lost! Sometimes I like it, but I also notice that I skip it regularly. Also live I think it's one of the less interesting songs (or Jay Z suddenly has to show up :lol:).

And, as said before, Lost? is way better.

• 10 years later...

For many peoples to this topic, it's not a hip-hop song at all. If you hear a hip-hop song, they are so many perfect example (like Dark horse by Katy Perry or also Shape of You by Ed sheeran). Also, you hear this chruch ambiance during all the song then the group used again in Everyday Life album. This song was rock and also including chruch (and was recording in a chruch) and gospel music. I hear this gospel influences the first time i hear this song young when i was young. Lost was my second favorite Coldplay song (the first was Clocks) and my favorite song of the album. It's very excellent, musically, lyrically and also a huge piece of art of how this song became in the final product.

But this song wasn't successful like Violet Hill and particulary Viva La Vida. This song was underated by many, but for me, i always love this song since the first listen in 2008 in my teenage years.

3 hours ago, wcd199317 said:

For many peoples to this topic, it's not a hip-hop song at all. If you hear a hip-hop song, they are so many perfect example (like Dark horse by Katy Perry or also Shape of You by Ed sheeran). Also, you hear this chruch ambiance during all the song then the group used again in Everyday Life album. This song was rock and also including chruch (and was recording in a chruch) and gospel music. I hear this gospel influences the first time i hear this song young when i was young. Lost was my second favorite Coldplay song (the first was Clocks) and my favorite song of the album. It's very excellent, musically, lyrically and also a huge piece of art of how this song became in the final product.

But this song wasn't successful like Violet Hill and particulary Viva La Vida. This song was underated by many, but for me, i always love this song since the first listen in 2008 in my teenage years.

And the guitar solo is one of J's finest moments!