✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

why is LOST! so popular

NeSs1776

honestly coldplay plays it live alot and its on the hot 100 charts while songs like death and all his friends , cementaries of london & strawberry dont get played at all!

honestly Lost! is the only coldplay song i hate because it is over done and that hiphop beat is annoying i like the Lost acoustic version though that should have been on the album

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea zsub is right. it appeals to non REAL coldplay fans who just listen to mainstream music. it has a catchy beat and its not too complicated. idk how to explain it but it doesnt surpise me at ALL that its popular. although it is also one of my least favorites on the new album.

why the hatin'? come on have you REALLY listened to the song? just listen to the simple things like the layered organs and how there's two different tones going on there. the message in the lyrics is a good one too, almost channeling "I still haven't found what i'm looking for" by u2. I think its the most clever song on the album. Also, youtube the daily show performance. listen to how the drums come in on the second verse. perfection!

yea zsub is right. it appeals to non REAL coldplay fans who just listen to mainstream music. it has a catchy beat and its not too complicated. idk how to explain it but it doesnt surpise me at ALL that its popular. although it is also one of my least favorites on the new album.

Most of the people that buy Coldplay also buy Kanye and Timberlake, and all the rest. In fact, as a member of Coldplay Chris Martin is guilty of that.

Lol, Coldplay is mainstream.

Guest LiquidSky

well this song is amazing live. I'm sure you would love it too if you just listen to it live.. the acoustic version is such a Coldplay song. I like both of them though.

...i think cuz of the beat, plus it has the well-known coldplay sappyness element...

THAT'S EXACTLY why it's my favorite track off the album, and one of my fave Coldplay songs period. And I'm not just a casual Coldplay fan, either. Following it's message of "things suck right now but i'll keep holding on" is the inspiration I used to free MSG tickets and (practically)front row at Today show :D.

Also, Trouble is the song that hooked me onto Coldplay. And bertuzzi44 I totally agree!

I downloaded this quite awhile before it came out (the piano version)...I LOVED IT, but now I have listened to the whole album it is one of my least favourites!, I still like it, but it doesn't live up to the standards of songs like Viva La Vida and Strawberry Swing!

Kind of repeating what others have said, but I just think it's popular because it sounds very mainstream, what with the hip-hop-ish beat and the vague, easy-to-relate-to lyrics - it probably sounds similar to "Bleeding Love" to people who don't pay attention (organ + hip-hop beat). It's still more interesting to me than most of Coldplay's old material just because of things like how the verse is in Em but the chorus is (sort of) in D. The "waiting for the shine to wear off" part of the chorus makes the song worth it for me.

i loved the acoustic version. it took sometime for the regular version to grow on me, but it has to a degree.

i still think acoustic is better, but i understand why its popular...its pretty normal lol. live it sounds great though. i mean, i love the song, like i do all the vlvodaahf, but id replace album with acoustic.

honestly coldplay plays it live alot and its on the hot 100 charts while songs like death and all his friends , cementaries of london & strawberry dont get played at all!

honestly Lost! is the only coldplay song i hate because it is over done and that hiphop beat is annoying i like the Lost acoustic version though that should have been on the album

I think is refreshing that they're trying some new stuff.. the first time i heard Lost! with that Hip-Hop beats.. i thought: Ok Coldplay here we go.. let's conquer the world..

I mean.. it's a good stuff if they feel the influence of other cultures.. and i like that in the songs (ex: Yes! with those arabian rythms... ) they're kind of another styles.. but with THEIR touch

There have obviously been a lot of influences on Viva La Vida. Many talk about the hip-hop beats. I'm not the biggest hip-hop fan, but as a closet Paul Simon fan (blame my dad), i wasn't at all surprised to hear Chris Martin mention 'Graceland' on the interview with Zane Lowe on Radio 1. I think its these kinds of interesting rythms and beats that make songs like Lost quite so original - in modern music anyway! And perhaps why i also prefer the album version to the acoustic version...

I'm new to this forum, so maybe its already been mentioned. But has anyone else thought this?

Lamorna