✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Help: do you live in a country where Coldplay aren't huge?"

Aleluvscp

Viva La Vida has been number one in 36 countries. Help us find a country - please - whose inhabitants despise it

coldplayeverywhere460.jpg

We knew Coldplay were popular, but did we know they were this popular? Amazingly, their latest album, Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, has been the number one-selling album in an astonishing 36 countries. Are there any nations left untouched by Chris Martin's gang?

There are some other staggering statistics bubbling away. Viva La Vida set the record for the highest first week sales ever on iTunes around the world. It was the biggest album, pre-order, in iTunes' history. It is the biggest selling digital album ever in the USA. "Enough!" I hear you cry, possibly. "We can't take any more." If so, what we want to know is whether you are alone in resisting Coldplay's march towards world domination.

Thirty-six countries is not - yet - every territory in the world, which got us thinking: is there any country in the world which is proving particularly, annoyingly resistant to the Coldplay massive? Are they struggling for sales in Iceland? Do they not rock Argentina? Are they struggling to sell their soul in Seoul?

Curiously, the record company - who may still be busy clearing up after some very messy celebrations - wouldn't tell us. "We do not have access to that sort of information," they claim, fiendishly. Nor is there a lot of information on the web. There's no sign of Chris Martin and pals in the Indian top 20 - but that's for singles, not albums (foiled again! The blighters have just landed at number 7 in India since I penned this blog - DS). However, hope is not lost. We have found a country where Coldplay are not number one! It is Japan... where Viva La Vida trundled in at a pathetic number three. The catch - and you knew there would be one - is that they're still on the march there anyway, going gold and shifting more copies of Viva La Vida than they did X & Y.

But while our oriental friends struggle in vain to fend off Death and All His Friends, we need your help to find other parts of the world where the Martin melodic virus is still defiantly shunned. Do you live (or know someone who lives) in a territory where Coldplay have stumbled to number 34? Are your country's local heroes outselling the 'Play? If so, let us know.

Mars, incidentally, doesn't count, because Viva La Vida isn't released there yet - but if the example of planet Earth is anything to go by, when they finally find life on Mars, the little green men will probably be listening to Viva La Vida.

from http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/07/help_do_you_live_in_a_country_where_coldplay_arent_huge.html

..just made me laugh :lol:..

tehyre famous here i think......

Yeah I think theyre famous here becoz in my recent scanning of radio stations coldplays songs viva and violet hill are always on the top charts with violet hilll #1 for several weeks and viva rising to take the spot........ the downside only becoz it doesnt get sales here becoz people preer to buy illegally than legal stufff here in the philippines thats why artisits seldom get platinum here.....:angry: but x&Y was the 8 out of 10 best selling albums here but Ive heard many fans in here my sisters are fans of coldplay. and my friend........ I on the other hand just been a month ago:laugh3:

Mmmm.. aquí donde yo vivo no son (casi) nada conocidos. Conozco unas 5 personas que los conocen gracias a que yo les he pasado algunas canciones de ellos, y de ellos solo una persona ha querido conocer un poco más de su música. Aparte es raro escuchar alguna de sus canciones en la radio (casi solo en la madrugada), hasta ahora que según he escuchado "Viva La Vida" (la canción, no el disco) estaba en el puesto 9 del Top10 de la radio "más rescatable" del país.

Creo que asi se entiende como no son muy conocidos aquí...