October 11, 200817 yr So I was thinking about Chris's voice and how amazing it is. How as a musician his is able to write out meaningful lyrics and then carry out the meaning even further by singing it with an incredible amount of substance and heart. So I thought that I might create a thread where you guys can talk about which songs and parts of songs you like his voice in!! :D Like for instance me, I love the part in Swallowed in the Sea when he talks about loving all you see and his voice gets more into it. And the part in Gravity where he says "can you hear my heart beatin?" He is just so into it...I totally could feel the emotion!! :D
October 11, 200817 yr I love Amsterdam when he gets to the part where the whole band kicks in...he gets so into it and u ca just feel it..ITS AMAZING!!!! Also many other songs but i cant remember!! :D
October 11, 200817 yr Amsterdam definitely. The end of Politik. A Rush of Blood to the Head When the band kicks in to Green Eyes "So I crawl back into your open arms" I could be here forever. :P
October 11, 200817 yr I wish his voice hadn't gone to the shits. I love in Amsterdam when he can go from high to low so many times.
October 11, 200817 yr It hasn't gone to the shits though. He might not be pitch perfect throughout every single gig. But if you watch any video of him singing The Hardest Part during the European leg, it's still absolutely gorgeous! Par Exemple: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCofem6llU]YouTube - Coldplay - The Hardest Part - Vienna 2008[/ame]
October 11, 200817 yr When they sing an acoustic version of Yellow on BBC, the second part, his high, strong tones are just amazing. Here it is: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUjjSrv5lFY]YouTube - COLDPLAY LIVE AT BBC CENTRE[/ame]
October 11, 200817 yr <<<agrees about "Hardest Part"...my fave song. Also like it in "What If" I love the emotional, soft crooning as much as the strained and Im -so -pained gut wrenching screams....nut thats just IMHO. guess that^^^ sums up all aspects of his voice! <<<(coming from one who loves him do Kylies ' Just Cant Get You Out of My Head)
October 12, 200817 yr <<<agrees about "Hardest Part"...my fave song. Also like it in "What If" I love the emotional, soft crooning as much as the strained and Im -so -pained gut wrenching screams....nut thats just IMHO. guess that^^^ sums up all aspects of his voice! <<<(coming from one who loves him do Kylies ' Just Cant Get You Out of My Head) I just had to laugh reading your post because I could have written it.Those are ththree songs that I watch on youtube over and over again The emotion in what if and the hardest part gets to me every time...
October 12, 200817 yr It hasn't gone to the shits though. He might not be pitch perfect throughout every single gig. But if you watch any video of him singing The Hardest Part during the European leg, it's still absolutely gorgeous! Par Exemple: Yeah. But it's not as pure and effortless. Obviously it's not like horrendous by any stretch. It's just deteriorated.
October 12, 200817 yr I just had to laugh reading your post because I could have written it.Those are ththree songs that I watch on youtube over and over again The emotion in what if and the hardest part gets to me every time... :smug:<<<always finds comfort in the company of like-minded people;)
October 12, 200817 yr I'm just in love with his voice :heart: I can't choose, even when it cracks sometimes it sounds cute! [/creep]
October 12, 200817 yr His face is so expressive at times...and then at other times when he is just looking around he almost looks high but is still playing perfectly and singing amazingly.....truly a genius and amazing song writer of our time.
October 12, 200817 yr sometimes i feel like i wanna cry... when i listen green eyes, or gravity, or amsterdam, or a bit the scientist, or we never change...:D
October 12, 200817 yr aww so lovely thread :heart: Politik "But give me love over, love over, love over this" The Hardest Part Hunting High and Low In The Sun with Michael Stipe
October 12, 200817 yr Gone to the shits???!!! I just love everything he sings, even the Nappies song! I Bloom Blaum makes me cry, there is so much emotion in it. He's just sung for thousands of hours and done lots of travelling round heaven knows how many countries, living in hotel rooms, he's entitled to the odd croak. I've seen U2 live when Bono was far croakier and it was still incredible! Give the poor love a break, he's not a machine!
October 12, 200817 yr Gone to the shits???!!! I just love everything he sings, even the Nappies song! I Bloom Blaum makes me cry, there is so much emotion in it. He's just sung for thousands of hours and done lots of travelling round heaven's knows how many countries, living in hotel rooms, he's entitled to the odd croak. I've seen U2 live when Bono was far croakier and it was still incredible! Give the poor love a break, he's not a machine! Can't agree with you more. No one has ever effected me so much with his beautiful voice and the emotion and feeling that he puts into everthing he does. I just love I Bloom Blaum, Yellow just gets me everytime. I have a really beautiful version of Yellow, very slow and full of emotion. Just beautiful. [ame=http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4OG_nItUsKs]YouTube - Coldplay Yellow Acoustic Live @ KCRW[/ame]
October 12, 200817 yr I love his voice in "Your love means everything" ft Fautline.. it's sooo low and warm.. very strong and powerful.. "A rush of blood to the head" is great too.. and then in "Cemeteries of London" when he sings "....but I dunno what He said for my heart.." so.. Chris!:heart:
October 12, 200817 yr Can't agree with you more. No one has ever effected me so much with his beautiful voice and the emotion and feeling that he puts into everthing he does. I just love I Bloom Blaum, Yellow just gets me everytime. I have a really beautiful version of Yellow, very slow and full of emotion. Just beautiful. YouTube - Coldplay Yellow Acoustic Live @ KCRW thanks pinkvanilla, lovely version of Yellow :smug:
October 12, 200817 yr Can't agree with you more. No one has ever effected me so much with his beautiful voice and the emotion and feeling that he puts into everthing he does. I just love I Bloom Blaum, Yellow just gets me everytime. I have a really beautiful version of Yellow, very slow and full of emotion. Just beautiful. I couldn't agree more either with those views, but something has gone wrong recently with his voice in his live performances. It was really noticeable on Later with Jools Holland, the rest of the band singing much more on "42" for example, to make up for it. I hope Chris gets the rest his voice needs, becuase I love its sound when on fine form.
October 12, 200817 yr I love his voice in "Your love means everything" ft Fautline.. it's sooo low and warm.. very strong and powerful.. "A rush of blood to the head" is great too.. and then in "Cemeteries of London" when he sings "....but I dunno what He said for my heart.." so.. Chris!:heart: I must say, I love "Your Love Means Everthing" too. I also love "Where Is My Boy" ft Faultline too. Heartwrenching....gives me goosebumbs.
October 12, 200817 yr Has to be "that part" in Amsterdam......... we all know the bit.......... it makes my spine shiver.
October 12, 200817 yr Proof....."Liigghht dark, briiiggghht spark, an then liiiiiigggghhhhhtttt, liiiiigggghhhht, liiiiigggghhhht".
Create an account or sign in to comment