iPsy

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CANYON. THE FINAL CHAPTER!

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

My knuckles were white form Diane squeezing the life out of them. I didn’t mind. She was nervous, and no one should tell her not to me. A human was about to be surgically removed from her stomach.

I was freaking out a little, too. This was it, and not until this moment had I realized exactly what was happening. A father. I was going to be a father. Yeah, I was ready thanks to the guys giving me some advice. But it was still scaring the shit out of me.

A few hours in, the guys finally arrived at the hospital. A sea of flowers and balloons filled up the window, waving at Diane who was really not in the mood to wave back. So, I did. They were all bummed to realize they had to be directed to the waiting room.

"You okay?"

I looked up. She was glowing. Sweaty, pale, but glowing. "Just a little nervous." She chuckled, and I kissed her on the forehead. "You’re doing amazing."

"Am I?"

I frowned. "I don’t even know what you should be doing."

She laughed hysterically. "Me neither!"

We talked for another hour or so, holding each others hands as tightly as possible, as if about to fall into a canyon.

Finally, the doctor busted through the door. "It’s time." was all he said, and a few nurses came in to wheel Diane’s bed out the door.

"Don’t you let go of my hand." She said, smiling up at me with those gorgeous blue eyes.

"I won’t." I said, giving her a reassuring pat on the back. Ugh, I was such a wimp.

The nurses lead us through a maze of halls, past many people who just smiled and mumbled ‘congratulations’ as we passed by. Finally, the doctor was at our side as we reached the delivery room.

"It seems that Diane is toward her end stages." He frowned. "I’m so sorry."

I nodded, getting used to those heart wrenching words. "Hey doc. Is it possible that this will affect the baby immediately?"

He shook his head, and put a hand on my shoulder. "You’ll be taking care of this kid for a long time."

I felt my heart take a sigh of relief. Going through this once with someone you love was bad enough. Twice, twice probably would’ve killed me.

"Guy." Diane said, getting my attention again. "Let’s name her Maggie."

She was too sweet to me. After all the people I’d met in my life, after all the places I’d been, for the first time I knew exactly where I wanted to be. With her.

"No." I kissed her little pink lips. "No, let’s name her Isla."

"Really?" A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Really."

It felt like forever, waiting for them to get that little baby out of her stomach. We sat there, talking about our son or daughter. I joked, saying I was praying it was a boy. She giggled, knowing I was a liar. I wanted it to be a girl, hoping it would look most like her.

"And here she is." The doctor said.

"She?" Diane and I said simultaneously.

He nodded, holding a tiny, greasy little baby up for us to see. "Congratulations you two, it’s a beautiful girl."

I couldn’t believe that I was a father. Everything got a little brighter. Air tasted a little sweeter, and that baby and her mother were just everything to me. I never believed that Chris was right about fatherhood, but he really, really was.

Her eyes, her lips, and especially her smile looked exactly like Diane. She did have my short, brown hair, though. The guys came in to our room, "ooh"ing and "ahh"ing at our little baby girl.

"What’s her name?" Will asked, wiggling his finger over her head, as she tried to figure out what it was.

"Isla." I said. "Isla Owens Berryman."

We were like a little family. First baths, first feeding, first everything. Of course, I couldn’t be there all the time as much as I wanted to. I had a few gigs those first couple months. Isla seemed to understand, though. That’s the great thing about kids, they just understand everything, no matter what it was.

When Isla was two months old, Diane was re-admitted to the hospital. She was always smiling though, always happy. The guys would come visit as well, and just hang out, singing songs and having a good time. Isla seemed to be very interested in Chris’s guitar, but always screamed her head off when he sang. Isla and I got along great. Just the way she’d look at me with those big blue eyes let me know that she knew exactly who I was, and how I was scared shitless. She was patient when I had to read directions on something, quiet when fed, and barely ever cried. We would go and visit her mother every single day, and she’d fall asleep right on Diane’s chest, spitting images of each other.

And one day in the summer, Diane was gone.

hope you liked it! :D!

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

My knuckles were white form Diane squeezing the life out of them. I didn’t mind. She was nervous, and no one should tell her not to me. A human was about to be surgically removed from her stomach.

I was freaking out a little, too. This was it, and not until this moment had I realized exactly what was happening. A father. I was going to be a father. Yeah, I was ready thanks to the guys giving me some advice. But it was still scaring the shit out of me.

A few hours in, the guys finally arrived at the hospital. A sea of flowers and balloons filled up the window, waving at Diane who was really not in the mood to wave back. So, I did. They were all bummed to realize they had to be directed to the waiting room.

"You okay?"

I looked up. She was glowing. Sweaty, pale, but glowing. "Just a little nervous." She chuckled, and I kissed her on the forehead. "You’re doing amazing."

"Am I?"

We talked for another hour or so, holding each others hands as tightly as possible, as if about to fall into a canyon.

Finally, the doctor busted through the door. "It’s time." was all he said, and a few nurses came in to wheel Diane’s bed out the door.

"Don’t you let go of my hand." She said, smiling up at me with those gorgeous blue eyes.

"I won’t." I said, giving her a reassuring pat on the back. Ugh, I was such a wimp.

The nurses lead us through a maze of halls, past many people who just smiled and mumbled ‘congratulations’ as we passed by. Finally, the doctor was at our side as we reached the delivery room.

I nodded, getting used to those heart wrenching words. "Hey doc. Is it possible that this will affect the baby immediately?"

He shook his head, and put a hand on my shoulder. "You’ll be taking care of this kid for a long time."

I felt my heart take a sigh of relief. Going through this once with someone you love was bad enough. Twice, twice probably would’ve killed me.

She was too sweet to me. After all the people I’d met in my life, after all the places I’d been, for the first time I knew exactly where I wanted to be. With her.

"Really."

It felt like forever, waiting for them to get that little baby out of her stomach. We sat there, talking about our son or daughter. I joked, saying I was praying it was a boy. She giggled, knowing I was a liar. I wanted it to be a girl, hoping it would look most like her.

He nodded, holding a tiny, greasy little baby up for us to see. "Congratulations you two, it’s a beautiful girl."

I couldn’t believe that I was a father. Everything got a little brighter. Air tasted a little sweeter, and that baby and her mother were just everything to me. I never believed that Chris was right about fatherhood, but he really, really was.

Her eyes, her lips, and especially her smile looked exactly like Diane. She did have my short, brown hair, though. The guys came in to our room, "ooh"ing and "ahh"ing at our little baby girl.

"What’s her name?" Will asked, wiggling his finger over her head, as she tried to figure out what it was.

We were like a little family. First baths, first feeding, first everything. Of course, I couldn’t be there all the time as much as I wanted to. I had a few gigs those first couple months. Isla seemed to understand, though. That’s the great thing about kids, they just understand everything, no matter what it was.

When Isla was two months old, Diane was re-admitted to the hospital. She was always smiling though, always happy. The guys would come visit as well, and just hang out, singing songs and having a good time. Isla seemed to be very interested in Chris’s guitar, but always screamed her head off when he sang. Isla and I got along great. Just the way she’d look at me with those big blue eyes let me know that she knew exactly who I was, and how I was scared shitless. She was patient when I had to read directions on something, quiet when fed, and barely ever cried. We would go and visit her mother every single day, and she’d fall asleep right on Diane’s chest, spitting images of each other.

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

AWWWWWW SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!:(

Diane!!NOOO!!!

:heart:this story was truly amazing:hug:and so are you Chris:D

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

"You okay?"

"Am I?"

"Really."

Ohmagod :stunned:

That.was.absolutly.beautiful!!

I read every chapter of it, but that last line there got me... :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: :cry: