✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION GAME OF A COUPLE SONGS

Eh Steve!

The piano bit is beautiful. But it repeats to much IMO, something like that should be left for only a bit. And you can kind of sleep your way through it if you know what I mean. It doesn't catch your attention to much, but it's designed to be that song where you can just listen and get lost in it, and only if you do it right can a great product turn out. So that and the fact that it's too repetitive are the only problems with Everglow for me. It's a beautiful song certainly IMO, nice little pop ballad. Little sappy but hey.

And I'm noticing people bash the song for its hey thing. IMO that adds something to the song and it wouldn't feel as complete without it. It's the little things that count towards making a great song.

Oh forgot one thing about Everglow, the drum beat is relatively poor, and there is absolutely no reason for it to be electronic. So I don't know why their throwing out the organic drum beat in favor of an electronic one. It makes no sense and is a lazy, uninspired, unnecessary, and poppy decision to me.

My opinion on electronic drum beats: Only use them if they add something to the song. If it's like a sperate track or something and is meant to add depth of something or an extra beat go for it. But if it's there just because you didn't feel like picking up real drumsticks, hitting a real drums and recordings it that's just lazy.

Or for something where an electronic drum beat would make more sense than a real one, like HFTW.

So there you have it from me. :D

I know, the electronic drumbeat of Everglow contributes heavily to the feel of it being an unoriginal, average pop ballad :-/

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, Everglow has this electronic drumbeat... it should have an organic one.... :(

I don't mind about the drumbeat. I love Everglow, I feel like the whole band is embracing each other in a difficult moment of their lives

• Like 1

I don't mind about the drumbeat. I love Everglow, I feel like the whole band is embracing each other in a difficult moment of their lives

It's not the worst thing in the world either and I love Everglow it's just that there are some things wrong with it and if fixed could have made the song even better :D