✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Problem with the Sims 2 Double Deluxe!

hello all you computer obsessed people!

i have a problem with the sims 2 double deluxe which i just purchased.

i dowloaded it onto my new laptop which has 160 GB memory and 3GB hard drive.

and it freezes up.

and the pictures don't show up.

do you think it's the cd or the computer? we also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.

help! thanks!

i dowloaded it onto my new laptop which has 160 GB memory and 3GB hard drive.

Did you know that Windows 32 bit can only cope with 8GB of memory, and that your hard-drive is rather small ;)

Of course I know you got them the wrong way round ;)

It might be your video-card

• 3 weeks later...

probably you are right yamfox, may be you can give me a clue about that case:

i have the sims 2 deluxe edition (2007)

i had it on my laptop and worked well (the only problem was when installing it that it was so very slow (took like 40 mins to install it all).

yesterday i had installed it on my dad's laptop and it installed in 10 mins :o but it freezes when i have to save anything (when creating a character or something like that) I've noticied that the graphics on that laptop are different when using this game than on my laptop.

you have any clue about what can be the problem?

btw my laptop and my dad's laptop both have vista, although his version is different than mine. :thinking:

also i know the sims thing (simcity) was created on linux, do you know if there's a linux version of the sims?

thanks in advance yamfox.

• 1 month later...
probably you are right yamfox, may be you can give me a clue about that case:

i have the sims 2 deluxe edition (2007)

i had it on my laptop and worked well (the only problem was when installing it that it was so very slow (took like 40 mins to install it all).

yesterday i had installed it on my dad's laptop and it installed in 10 mins :o but it freezes when i have to save anything (when creating a character or something like that) I've noticied that the graphics on that laptop are different when using this game than on my laptop.

you have any clue about what can be the problem?

btw my laptop and my dad's laptop both have vista, although his version is different than mine. :thinking:

also i know the sims thing (simcity) was created on linux, do you know if there's a linux version of the sims?

thanks in advance yamfox.

Ooh, ooh, I have the answer!

The Sims 2 is not generally laptop friendly. You're better off with The Sims 2 Life Stories if you're mainly using that laptop a lot, if not, then just get Sims 1 and expansions for dirt cheap and play that on it. Either that or get your dad's laptop a new video card (but I wouldn't bother)

Also, I think there might be a Mac version of The Sims, but there's definitely not a Linux version. Sorry.