Apparatjik

squareonefivesix

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received this e-mail from Sandbag:

Dear Customer

Thank you for your order on the Apparatjik store. Firstly we would like to thank you for your continued patience regarding the release of the We Are Here pre-order. We would also like to offer our sincere apologies for the unforeseen delay in production. We now expect to dispatch your order in the week commencing the 7th of June.

We are happy to refund your order if you are not happy to wait any longer. Please reply to this email with your order number and we will process this for you.

Once again thank you for your continued patience and sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Sandbag LTD

Not long to go now :dance:

Received this e-mail from Sandbag:

Dear Customer

Thank you for your order on the Apparatjik store. Firstly we would like to thank you for your continued patience regarding the release of the We Are Here pre-order. We would also like to offer our sincere apologies for the unforeseen delay in production. We now expect to dispatch your order in the week commencing the 7th of June.

We are happy to refund your order if you are not happy to wait any longer. Please reply to this email with your order number and we will process this for you.

Once again thank you for your continued patience and sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Sandbag LTD

Not long to go now :dance:

Woot! :dance: I got that email too :wacky: can't wait!

Apparatjik Announce Live Shows And Premiere Video Performance

Apparatjik (pronounced ap-e-rat-chik) Apparatjik (pronounced ap-e-rat-chik) consists of bassist Guy Berryman from Coldplay, singer/guitarist Jonas Bjerre of Mew, guitarist/keyboardist Magne Furuholmen from a-ha, and producer Martin Terefe.

The band's name literal translation is 'agent of the apparatus'. Apparatjik is the Swedish word for apparatchik, which is a word of Russian origin and is used to describe 'people who cause bureaucratic bottlenecks in otherwise efficient organisations'.

«Go With the Flø»

Art, music and fashion meet in the tiny parish of Flø surrounded by the breathtaking landscape of Northwestern Norway on 5th & 6th June. This unique art-festival entitled «Go With the Flø» will be hosted by Studio Hugo Opdal together with Paul Stolper, Moods of Norway and the generous people of Flø.

Apparatjik, the artist-collective founded by Jonas Bjerre, Guy Berryman, Magne Furuholmen and Martin Terefe will be performing in the abandoned former schoolhouse in the parish where they will play inside a specially constructed Cube. This will be only their second show ever and follows their live debut at the Club Transmediale festival in Berlin on 1st February this year.

Also opening at «Go With the Flø» will be this summers exhibition at Studio Hugo Opdal featuring new work from Damien Hirst, perhaps the most famous and discussed artist in the world, who returns to Flø with new works on paper to be shown alongside new pieces from Gavin Turk, Susie Hamilton and Peter Blake amongst others. The gallery is situated on an island with a unique combination of mountains, flat farming land and the rolling waves of the North Sea.

Apparatjik’s debut album We Are Here which was also released earlier this year through http://www.apparatjik.com was recently described as "like a lesson in wiping the slate clean, of starting something completely different, breaking free of the confines of chart pop, and trying something new”.

The people of Flø have been fishing and cultivating the soil for generations and the parish has several burial places from the Viking age. Today 167 people live on Flø alongside a number of happy cows and a dozen well maintained tractors. 

The island is perfectly situated for explorating the spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site of Geirangerfjord. The picturesque town of Ålesund, famous for its unique concentration of Jugend style architecture is a short boat trip away as is Runde, Norway’s most southerly bird habitat.

Source: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk

Wanted to post this on the chicks forum as well but when I click submit, I get this error message:

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x80\xA8\xE2\x80\xA8...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

Wanted to post this on the chicks forum as well but when I click submit, I get this error message:

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x80\xA8\xE2\x80\xA8...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

It'll be one of the weird characters that the database doesn't like throwing up an SQL INSERT error - I can't find which character it doesn't like tho :shrug: But I think we pretty much have all that info from the original Flo press release anyway.

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

:awesome: love the video!

It'll be one of the weird characters that the database doesn't like throwing up an SQL INSERT error - I can't find which character it doesn't like tho :shrug: But I think we pretty much have all that info from the original Flo press release anyway.

The forum has done that to me too when I've tried to put in special characters.