✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

|| The Official Fanfic/Story Thread ||

coldplay_is_louve.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait! Hold on!! People actually DID want me to post my drabble a few days ago!! :D

It sucks, I'm sorry. I put it up on Fanfiction and the meanies over there haven't even given me any reviews. :angry:

It's exactly 100 words :wacko:

Title: Aftermath

"...Damn."

"...Yeah."

"Well, that woman was certainly one of the most bitchy..."

"Yeah. Here." I pick up his cane, lying next to the House-shaped imprint in the snow. "Get up."

"Shame, though."

"Yeah, it sure is a shame that you singlehandedly managed to get me banned from my favorite bar in Princeton."

"Oh, lighten up. They can't've liked you that much."

"No, House, they can't've liked you that much."

"Ow! You hurt my feelings." God damn, the sardonic look again. "And, Dr. Wilson, forget not that you..."

"Shut up." Silence.

"Man, the look on that barkeep's face..."

"Yep."

"...Good times!"

:sweatdrop:

okay, so, this is a fanfic about chase utley.

for any of you who don't know who he is, he's a second baseman for the philadelphia phillies baseball team, and, well, he's BEAUTIFUL. :wacky::P

here's a picture:

dm_090313_MLB_UtleyGammons.jpg

:wacky:

so, yeah!

oh, and the plot is by marisa (In a telescope lens) :heart:!!

STITCHES.

CHAPTER 1

I woke up that morning to the sound of my phone ringing. That was a morning, a Friday morning to be more specific, where I just wanted to pull the covers over my head and disappear into my own little happy place. There was just too much to do. I rolled over and felt around my nightstand for my phone, and pressed the accept button when I found it. “What?”

“It’s about time you answer your phone.” Maria grumbled. “Did you forget your nephew’s birthday?”

“Did you forget how to tell time?” I looked at the clock, which read 5:30.

“Marisa.”

“Maria.“ Annoying my sister was one of my favorite hobbies. “Okay. I’m up. What did you want?”

She sighed. “I just wanted to remind you to have Nick’s cake ready by three. Oh, and remember we’re taking him to the Phillies game tonight.”

I groaned. “Why?”

“Because he loves the Phillies! He‘s six years old, Marisa.” she yelled. “You promised to come. So be here by three, like I said, then we’ll go to the game from here.”

Maria hung up the phone and I rolled out of bed. The city was still dark. I stumbled into the bathroom to see my golden blonde hair messier than usual, plus a fresh set of dark circles under my eyes. I took my hair out of it’s knotted ponytail, brushed it out and ran the straightener through it. Then I took as much foundation as I could find to cover up those circles. Couldn’t scare off the customers.

After I changed into an old maroon t-shirt and jeans I decided to go right to the bakery, since Natalie probably brought coffee. I grabbed the wrapped up Phillies hat I got for Nick and walked out of my condo, locked the door and began the short walk to my bakery. It was a gorgeous summer morning in Philadelphia. The traffic jams were just getting ready to begin, and there wasn’t a cloud to be seen in the sky.

I got to my bakery and noticed the door was already unlocked, so I knew Natalie was there. “Morning.” I said, walking in.

She peeped her head out from the back and smiled. “Coffee’s on the counter.”

I walked around the counter and grabbed my mocha latte. Time to start the day.

After many pastries and many customers later I sent Natalie out to get lunch. That was my time to start Nick’s cake. There were too many customers in the day to do, well, anything personal except bake hundreds of pastries. I baked a giant sheet of chocolate cake with Oreos, waited for it to cool, then started to think of how I was going to decorate it. “Phillies.” I mumbled to myself. “Phillies.”

Natalie came back and began the afternoon shift while I worked on the incredible detail that went into my cake. Around the sides I made very tiny, very hard to do baseball stitches and wrote “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICK!” over the top in Phillies style writing.

“Good enough.” I sighed in relief. “Good enough. What time is it?”

“Two thirty.” Natalie yelled back.

My heart sunk. “Shit. Are you serious?”

“You have been in there for quite a while.”

I wrapped the cake in a box and walked out to get my keys. “Thanks again for taking my shift.”

“Nicks birthday, ey? What are you going to do with him?”

“Phillies game.”

Natalie smiled. “Oh, that sounds like fun.”

I shot her a glare. She sighed. “That sound like fun for people who like fun.”

She didn’t know what she was talking about. I liked fun. I own a bakery, for Christ’s sake. I just didn’t have time for fun.

I walked outside and immediately hailed a taxi. Maria lived in Old City, way too far for me to walk. Her husband, Scott worked at some corporate bank that I always forgot the name of when people asked me, and my sister stayed home to take care of Nick. They lived in an enormous, beautiful house towards the back suburbs.

The driver pulled up to the curb and I handed him his money and climbed out. Halfway up the driveway I heard the front door opening. “Hey, nice of you to show up.” Scott joked.

I looked up and smiled. He was wearing an adorable little party hat, a blue dress shirt and jeans. “Am I really that late?”

He gave me a friendly kiss on the cheek. “You’re actually five minutes early.”

I gave him a friendly slap on the shoulder and smiled as Nick came running towards us. “Hi aunt ‘Risa!” He yelled, running towards me.

I carefully set his cake and present down on the living room coffee table and stretched my arms out for a hug. He was wearing the same Phillies shirt I always see him in. Same number, too. Twenty-six, I think.

“Hey, Nicky Mickey!” I said, giving him a big hug. “Happy Birthday!”

“Thanks! Daddy can we open presents now please?”

“Sure!” Scott said. “Let me go get your mom. Marisa you can just set the cake down on the counter.”

I nodded and walked into the kitchen. “Are you excited for the Phillies game?” Nick asked, walking two inches away from my back.

“Yeah.” I said, sliding the cake onto the counter. “But honestly, I don’t really know much about them.”

Nick looked at me like I just told him Santa wasn’t real. “They’re the best team in the whole world! Especially my favorite, Chase Utley.”

“Yeah, what’s so special about him?”

“HE’S AMAZING!”

“Hey, sis.” I heard Maria say, walking down the hall. She was dressed in a Phillies jersey matching her son’s.

“Hey!” I said, giving her a hug and kiss. “How’ve you been?”

She grinned at me. There was something different about her. My sister was always so happy but, today was different. “PRESENTS PRESENTS PRESENTS!”

I grabbed the Phillies hat and we all walked into the living room. I felt incredibly inferior when I saw the enormous amount of elegantly wrapped presents waiting for Nick. My cheap red paper looked even more terrible than usual. “AUNT ‘RISAS PRESENT FIRST!” Of course, Nick said.

His tiny hands grabbed my present and started tearing at the paper. I watched Scott and Maria, who were now sitting so close to each other they looked fused at the hip. She was holding his hand, and Scott was gently rubbing her back, making her laugh. For the first time in my life, I envied my sister.

“A PHILLIES HAT THANKS AUNT ‘RISA!”

Scott and Maria cheered for his new hat and Nick gave me a big hug. “Aw, you’re welcome. You deserve it!”

I sat there for the next hour as Nick opened Phillies related gift after Phillies related gift. That kid really did love the Phillies. Then it was time for cake. We all filed into the kitchen. Scott and Nick waited at the table as I got the cake ready, and Maria got the candles. “Did you actually make it look decent?”

“Excuse me but I take that as an insult. I worked for over four hours on this cake.”

Maria turned around and looked at the cake. Her green eyes bulged. “That’s gorgeous! Wonderful job!”

I smiled smugly and carried the cake over in front of Nick. “PHILLIES CAKE THANKS AUNT RISA!” he screamed.

Maria lit the candles and we sang him happy birthday. Scott cut the cake and the two of us sat down. “So, no birthday with his friends?” I whispered.

“Since his birthday’s on a weekday we had his party with his friends last weekend.” She snapped back.

I nodded and dug into my cake. “So, Scott.” I said with a full mouth. “You coming with us tonight?”

Scott looked up and shook his head. “I have a late night meeting and conference call. But I’m sure you guys will have a great time!”

“You aren’t wearing that to the game, right?” Maria said, looking me up and down.

I furrowed my brow. “What’s wrong with this?”

“There’s flour and batter all over it!”

“So?”

She stood up and put her fork down. “I have a few extra Phillies jerseys upstairs. You can borrow one.”

A half an hour later I was in Maria and Scott’s bedroom staring at three different jerseys that looked exactly the same to me. I picked one and found the biggest size jeans my sister had, which was a 6, and put my sneakers on.

When I walked downstairs the three of them were standing at the door. Maria had her car keys, Scott was getting ready to go to work and Nick was just jumping up and down, screaming. “Ready?” I asked Nick, trying to act excited.

The two of us walked out to Maria’s BMW SUV sitting in the driveway and I made sure he was buckled in. Maria and Scott were standing in the doorway, saying goodbye to each other. It was so great to see a couple married for eight years still so close, so happy. It was also great to see my sister so happy.

She climbed into the drivers seat and drove to Citizens Bank Park.

STITCHES.

CHAPTER 2

The three of us filed down the crowded rows to our seats. The park was packed, and the game was just starting. I dug into my cheese fries and prepared for the most boring three hours of my life.

“Could you at least act like you’re having fun?” Maria said. “It’s the kid’s birthday.”

“I’ll try.” I said with a mouth full of fries. “I just had such a long day.”

“Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins!” A disembodied voice said, and the crowd cheered.

Nick watched intensely as Jimmy got a ball, another ball, and a strike. I kept asking these questions that annoyed the hell out of Nick and Maria. You could tell they were mother and son, because every time I asked “Was that a ball or a strike?” they’d say “A STRIKE PAY ATTENTION!” in exact sync. It was quite amusing.

Jimmy Rollins got onto first base, then Shane Victorino struck out swinging. Next up was Nick’s favorite. “Phillies second baseman, Chase Utley!”

Nick screamed his head off, and I tried to cheer louder to make him think I was paying attention. Chase took a strike, strike, ball and another ball. While he was waiting for the next pitch I noticed him on the screen. “My god. He’s gorgeous.” I mumbled to Maria.

“You have no idea.”

The pitcher flew his arms around like a dying chicken and the ball went flying towards Utley. He set his bat back and swung as hard as he could, and the ball went flying. Everyone cheered and stood up, including me, waiting to see where that ball would land. It finally settled all the way in the back of the park.

“Home run, Chase Utley!’

The crowd went wild as I watched him with fascination while he ran around the bases. He had a certain distinction about him. Well, for some reason I thought that he wasn’t just another dirty baseball player.

Third inning and the Phillies were still up 3-0. Nick hadn’t gotten tired at all. I was on the verge of death.

Chase Utley, was up again, which for some reason made me wake up. First pitch, strike. He takes a couple of practice swings, adjusts his hat. Second pitch flies out towards my section, then everything goes black.

“She looks like a pirate.” I heard Scott chuckle.

“Shut up!” Maria giggled. “Yeah, she kind of does.”

I moaned in pain to let them know I was awake, and to make them shut up. When I tried to open my eyes there was this shocking pain in my right eye. “What the hell?”

“Marisa?” Scott said. “Do you know what happened?”

I shook my head to let them know that I had no idea where I was, or why my eye hurt so much.

“You got hit in the face with a baseball. The doctor says there’s no brain damage, so that’s why it’s so funny to me.” Scott chuckled.

“What?” I said, flickering my eyes open to see the two of them standing over me.

“You look like a pirate.”

“I heard you the first time.” I sat up and felt my head spinning and I cupped my eye in my hands. “Shit.”

“Kid in the room.” I heard Nick’s voice say.

When the swelling started to go down a little I was able to open my eye completely. The doctor came in, gave me an ice pack and said I should stay for at least another few hours to make sure all my other tests came out okay. That was when I started to feel really, really embarrassed. The entire tri state area saw me black out like an idiot.

“I’m going to take Nicky home.” Scott said, putting Nick on his shoulders. “The doctor said you shouldn’t be alone tonight, so Maria will take you back to our place.”

I nodded. “Sorry we had to cut your game short, Nick. Promise I’ll take you back.”

“That’s okay aunt ‘Risa.” Nick yawned. “I’m just glad you’re ‘kay.”

The two of them walked out of the room while Maria walked in the doorway. “Marisa, you have a visitor.” Her eyes were bulged and her face was pale.

I furrowed my brow. “Is Barack Obama here?”

“Close.” She said, looking back at someone. “I’ll send him in.”

I tried to fix my hair in the few seconds I had before this mystery guest showed up. When I looked back up at the doorway there was a six foot tall man, well built standing there in black dress pants and a navy blue dress shirt. He had chocolate brown hair with some golden blondish highlights, and it was messed around like he just came out of bed. His eyes were the brightest blue I’d ever seen, and he was holding a bouquet of roses. They couldn‘t have been for me. I had no idea who this man was. “Can I help you?” I said, starting to feel incredibly tired again.

He smiled and stepped into the room. “Hi, I… I’m the one who hit you with that baseball tonight. I’m Chase Utley.”

What the hell was this guy doing here? Didn’t he do enough? I really had no idea what to say, one reason being I was so stricken with how beautiful he was in person. The smell of his Old Spice was drifting into my nostrils as well. “Marisa Gibbons. Hi.” was all I could manage to say.

“I brought you these flowers as an apology. I feel really terrible for what I did, and I just wanted to make sure you’re okay. Are you okay?”

I looked up at his blue puppy dog eyes and nodded. “I’m fine. Thank you for the flowers. It was nice meeting you.”

“Really, if there’s anything you need, please let me know. I feel just terrible.” He smiled.

“I think you’ve done enough Mr. Utley. I don’t want your money, I don’t want your flowers, please. I’m fine.”

There was a silence in the room, then he nodded. “Got it.”

He started to back out then I noticed a small figure in the doorway. “Forgot my glove…OH MY GOD!!” Nick screamed.

Chase knelt down and smiled. “Hey, buddy. What‘s your name?”

“YOU’RE CHASE UTLEY! I‘M NICK!” he screamed again. “I LOVE YOU!”

Nick reached his tiny arms out and gave Chase an enormous hug. “Well, thanks man. I really appreciate it. Did you have to miss the rest of the game tonight?”

He nodded.

“Well, I’ll make a deal with you. I’ll get you and your parents season tickets right behind the dugout if you can do something for me.”

Nick danced around like he had to go to the bathroom and nodded frantically. I couldn’t take my eyes off him.

“I need you to promise me that your aunt Marisa here to let me take her to dinner as an apology.”

Shivers went all up and down my spine. This man did not stop. Good thing he was so goddamn beautiful.

“OH PLEASE AUNT ‘RISA! GO ON A DATE WITH CHASE I WANT SEASON TICKETS!!” Nick screamed.

I looked down at Nick then back up at Chase, who was smiling brightly at me. “Of course.”

Nick screamed his head off. “OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU BOTH!! YOU ROCK CHASE AND THANKS FOR HITTING MY AUNT IN THE FACE SHE LOOKS FUNNY!”

I could feel my face getting red.

“No problem, Nick.” Chase laughed. “You go back with your dad and I’ll talk to your aunt about those tickets.”

Nick nodded frantically and ran out of the room. Chase turned around and smiled at me. “He’s a good kid.”

I nodded. “Yeah, he’s a great kid.”

Chase stared at me for a few more seconds than reached into his pocket. “So, your number?”

I gave Chase all my information and just like that he was gone. It all felt like a really weird, really bad dream. I was going on a date tomorrow night with the man who hit me in the eye with a baseball.

Maria jumped back into the room. “OH MY GOD!”

^^i'm going to start reading it now, tell you when i'm done!

and yes, I COULD MARISA! SO why i put it in there. :wacky:!!

i know him too well. :heart::kiss:!

and thanks, annie! :nice:!!

STITCHES.

CHAPTER 3

After all my tests came back fine, Maria drove me back to her house and I crashed on her couch.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of feet walking down the stairs and down the hall. The entire house was still dark. “Hello.” I said, hoping it wasn’t a robber.

“Oh, you’re up.” Scott said.

When he walked over to the couch I noticed he was dressed in a suit. “Don’t tell me you’re going to work.”

He sat down in the chair next to me and buttoned his cuff. “My boss had a stroke, isn’t that great?”

I squinted at him. “You’re going to need to elaborate.”

“He’s going to be in the hospital for a few weeks, so he wants me to head up the project while he’s away.”

“Oh Scott, that’s great!” I said, sitting up. “Oh my god, OW!”

My right eye started to throb uncontrollably. “I’ll go get you some ice.”

A few minutes later I had a pack on my eye and Scott was about to walk out the door. “Take good care of my wife and son while I’m gone.”

“I think they can live for a day.”

Scott’s big brown eyes looked terribly sad. “The job’s in London, Marisa. I’m going to catch the six o’clock flight now.”

My heart suck. Shit. This meant that I had to take care of my sister. She really didn’t know what to do when her husband was away. That was bad, too, since he was always away. The first time he had to leave after their wedding, she decided to go out and get a car to keep herself busy. This meant I had a lot of distracting to do.

I gave Scott a hug and kiss goodbye and decided to make my sister breakfast. It wasn’t all the time that I had an opportunity like this to take care of her, so, this was my chance to show her that she didn’t always need to take care of me.

But the only thing I knew how to make was pastries. So, I got a mixing bowl out and started some chocolate chip cookies. My sister was worried about her weight all the time but if you put cookies in front of her, she wouldn’t resist them.

A couple minutes later I heard a lighter version of Scott’s feet coming down the stairs. The pounding echoed down the hall, louder and louder until Nick appeared in the doorway in Spiderman pajamas, rubbing his eyes. “Aunt ‘Risa?” he said groggily.

“Hey, buddy!” I said, immediately reminding myself of the previous night.

“Your eye looks funny.” He said, sitting down at the table and resting his head.

I couldn’t say anything back. All I was doing was thinking about what’d just happened that night. Was it all a dream? Couldn’t have been. I had a black eye still. Did I punch myself in the face while sleeping? No, I’m pretty sure I would’ve woken up from that. “Sorry about missing the game last night.” I said, hoping Nick would think I was crazy.

“THAT’S OKAY CAUSE CHASE GOT US TICKETS!” he screamed back.

It wasn’t a dream. Holy shit. I had a date with a man that gave me a black eye. “Aunt ‘Risa?” Nick asked. “What you making?”

I smiled. “Chocolate chip cookies.”

“FOR BREAKFAST?”

I nodded. “We’re going to give them to your mom in bed.”

He stood up and walked over next to me, then wrapped his tiny arms around my waist. “YOU’RE THE BEST AUNT EVER!”

Give a kid a cookie when his parents say you can’t have it and you’re his best friend. Remember that.

Forty-five minutes later the cookies were hot out of the oven, and Nick and I were creeping up to Maria’s room with a fresh plate full for each of us and a glass of milk. I opened her bedroom door slowly to see her sprawled out in bed, sound asleep. Nick and I walked over to the foot of the bed and her eyes started to flutter open. “What is this?” she said, immediately on defense.

I chuckled. “Breakfast in bed!’

“Cookies?”

“AUNT ‘RISA IS THE BEST!”

A few hours later Nick, Maria and I were laying on her king sized bed with a belly full of cookies. It was quite fun, actually. We just sat around, talking about random things that made us all laugh. Then suddenly Nick brought up the thing the two of us were dreading to talk about.

“Wait, I just realized.” he chuckled. “Where’s daddy?”

Maria and I exchanged looks. “Daddy had to go on a business trip.”

“AGAIN?”

“Yeah, again.” Maria said softly. “But you’ll be hanging out with mommy and aunt Marisa! Daddy misses you very much, and as soon as he gets back he’ll go to a Phillies game with you, like he always does.”

Nick still looked disappointed. “Okay.”

When Nick left the room Marisa smiled at me. “You know you’re going to need a lot of cover up for this date tonight.”

I stood up and looked at myself in her mirror. The entire right side of my face was bruised up. “SHIT! I need some serious makeup. Like, now.”

“AUNT ‘RISA YOUR CELLY PHONE IS RINGING!” Nick yelled from his room.

Maria and I looked at each other, then both started to sprint for the stairs. I heard “Baby Got Back” playing from the couch where I left my phone, and dove for it. “Hello?” I said calmly.

“Hi, Marisa? This is Chase. Chase Utley, I don’t know if you remember me.”

I chuckled. “I met you less than twelve hours ago. Do you think I have memory loss.”

“Oh, God, I didn’t imply that at all. Wow. Um, so how about that date if I don’t kill myself before hand?”

“Please don’t.” I blushed. “Where were you thinking?”

He sighed. “Caribou Café around eight?”

“See you then.”

I hung up the phone and immediately sat down, since I felt so lightheaded. “Where are you meeting him?” Maria screamed a few thousand times.

“Caribou Café?”

“Do you know where or what that place is?”

“No!” I snapped.

Maria rolled her eyes. “It’s a French Restaurant. I’ve been there with Scott before on business dinners. It’s super fancy, so no clothes with flour all over them.”

“Well then I’m going to need to borrow something.”

Suddenly Maria grabbed my wrist and dragged me up to her bedroom. I sat down on the bed while she rummaged through her closet. “So we’re going with a sexy dress, right?”

I sighed. “I’ll wear what fits.”

Maria passed by a few more things then held up a silver mini dress. I shook my head.

A few more things, then a golden dress that looked like something our mother would’ve worn. I shook my head.

I tried on a few things I liked, then came down to the only dress Maria had left that was my size. I slipped it on and it fit perfectly. A short black dress with three-quarter length sleeves. “Perfect.” I said quietly.

“Well don’t rip it when you two are in the bedroom. That thing is Vera Wang.”

I slapped her on the arm. This date wasn’t going to end like that. Was it?

bump!

STITCHES.

CHAPTER 4

Eight o’clock finally rolled around after I paced the floor of Maria’s bathroom for about an hour. After about an hour of Maria becoming a foundation Nazi I decided to run and hide. But I do have to give her credit, the bruise was almost completely invisible.

I grabbed my purse, or Maria’s purse, and told her I was going to leave. “Wait!” she yelled, running out of Nick’s room. “You’re not taking a taxi, are you?”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re not driving me.”

“No, no, take the BMW.”

“W…what? You love that thing more than your son.”

She walked down the hall and took the keys off the hook, walked back to me and put them in my hand. “You can’t go on a date with Chase fucking Utley and take a taxi. Now just go before I change my mind.”

I smiled brightly and walked towards the door to her garage. Inside, like a new present on Christmas morning was a maroon BMW 15 waiting, just waiting to be driven. The thing was barely driven. Maria just took it out when she needed to impress neighbors. Other than that, she rubbed it with a diaper every night.

When I turned the key the engine purred like a kitten. I reached up for the garage door, ignoring Maria’s worried face as she stood in the doorway out of the corner of my eye.

Traffic was just terrible, as usual for a Saturday night. While sitting in a jam on the bridge I turned Maria’s navigation system and typed in the address to the café. The thing got me there at seven fifty seven. Perfect. When I drove by, I noticed it was an incredibly fancy place, so what I was wearing was perfect and sexy at the same time. God, why the hell did I think that? I’d talked with the guy for a total of thirty seconds.

Much to my luck, there was a spot on the street about ten feet away from the front entrance. I parked carefully and leaned against the passenger door, waiting for him to show up. Not to my surprise he was about five minutes late. He walked down the sidewalk in almost the same thing I’d seen him in the other night, except this time the shirt was dark green. Much to my delight, he walked right past me, just glancing at my legs. I coughed loudly to make him stop in his tracks. He turned on his heel, looking down at my feet, my legs, my waist, my breasts, up to my face. “W, wow.” He chuckled. “Marisa I, I didn’t even recognize you.”

I took a step forward and smiled. “Expecting a woman with a giant black eye?”

My spine tingled as he stared at my lips with this sexy half smile on his face. “You look beautiful.” He took a step forward.

He was so close I could smell his aftershave. We stared at each other for what felt like an hour before I stepped back. “It’s beautiful tonight.” Was all I could think of to say.

He smiled. “Shall we go inside?”

“We shall.”

Chase opened the door and I stepped in. The entire place smelled of vanilla and flowers. Must be where he got the smell.

The busboy seated us in the back corner of the chic, colorful restaurant. I sat down and opened the chic menu. “So,” Chase said, staring straight at me. “tell me a little about yourself.”

“Well what do I do for fun instead of getting hit in the face with baseballs?” I said kind of rudely.

He chuckled, and nodded wryly.

I tried to ease up a little bit. I had to give the guy credit. He was trying hard. “Well,” I began. “I own a bakery.”

“Really?” he said, raising his eyebrows.

“What?” I smiled.

He shifted in his seat. “I just didn’t take you as the baker type.”

“I’m going to take that as a compliment.”

We both laughed.

“It’s called ‘Rainbows and Sprinkles’ on Chestnut.”

“Oh, I’ve heard of it.”

“Don’t interrupt.”

Chase seemed fascinated with me as I rambled on, in some kind of weird mood about my sister, my brother in law and Natalie. We ordered our food, then about an hour later I got to the night of the Phillies game. He seemed embarrassed.

“Marisa,” he said quietly. “I really am sorry about that. That rarely happens. Usually to people who aren’t-”

“Paying attention?”

He chuckled, and nodded. “Not a baseball fan?”

No. “I am now.” I flirted.

After another hour I’d finished the smallest but one of the greatest meals of my life. Chase was so sweet, unexpectedly. Also, we seemed to get along. But I noticed how I always had my hand around my eye, since I was so embarrassed by the small amount of purple you could still see.

When we were done, Chase kindly paid the check and we got up to leave. I stood up, and felt a little lightheaded from all the red wine. I walked out the door first. When I turned around, Chase was surprisingly close to me. Our lips, in fact, couldn’t have been more than an inch away from each other. Oh, there was that Old Spice smell again. My spine shook and my knees buckled as his bright blue eyes traveled from my lips back up to my eyes. God, he was so gorgeous. God, I was too drunk. I stood there, so close to him, knees shaking for what felt like hours. I didn’t want to step back, and it seemed like he didn’t either. Finally, I pushed my leg reluctantly behind me and stepped back. “Well, that’s my car.” I lied, pointing to Maria’s BMW.

“Doing well for a baker.” He knew it wasn’t mine. “Well, Marisa, tonight was wonderful. It was very sweet of you to do this just for your nephew.”

I smiled. It wasn’t just for my nephew! You’re gorgeous! “Thank you for the dinner.”

Chase’s eyes followed me as I stopped like a five year old who couldn’t go on the big rides back to the car. I slammed the door, turned the kay and pulled out of the space.

I should’ve just kissed him.

i really like this chapter. :D

STITCHES.

CHAPTER 5

WARNING: a little sexual content.

“Why didn’t you just kiss him?” Natalie squealed, throwing flour everywhere. “I’m sure the sex would’ve been amazing.”

I stirred the cake batter in front of me rapidly, trying to think of a way to answer that question. When I didn’t come up with anything, I stopped. “Yeah, he was sweet. Yeah, he was funny. Yeah, we got along. I…I’m just not the kind of person who sleeps with a guy on the first date.”

Natalie chuckled, pouring the batter into the pan. “Yeah, I know. You going to see him again?”

“I don’t know.” I sighed, dusting the flakes of icing and sprinkles off my jeans. “I’d love to. But I know he won’t call.”

Natalie shoved the cake into the oven and stretched. “They never call. Well I’m going to get going. You still coming to my art show tonight?”

I nodded and started to decorate a freshly baked chocolate cake in front of me. “I’ll see you at eight.”

The front door slammed shut then there was silence. Orange light from the sun was reflecting off of the business offices next door, bringing a warm, cozy feeling to the bakery every evening. Nothing could be heard. Just the sound of my steps, walking around the cake. Every time I squeezed the bag of icing this burst of a sweet smell lifted into my nostrils like a little party. It gave me more and more energy to go on.

I was about to close up when I heard the front door open. The cake was almost finished, so I was completely annoyed with this customer. “Coming.” I snapped.

When I walked into the front room I saw Chase standing behind the cash register in a black polo, jeans and sneakers, smiling at me. I was completely dumbfounded that I didn’t know what to say. Thankfully, he did.

“Hi.” He said sweetly.

I smiled. “Hi. What are you doing here?”

He paced the floor. “Well one of the players’ birthday is next week, and I was in charge of finding the best cake possible.”

I walked around the counter and leaned up against the glass. Our hips were a few inches away from each others. “That’s sweet.”

“No pun intended.”

We both laughed. Chase looked down at the cakes in the glass, then back up at me and scratched his chin. “So, what kind of cake do you suggest?”

“Depends.” I turned around and faced the sweets. “How big is the party, how fancy is the party, etc.”

Chase’s eyes looked sad, he shrugged. “I really have no idea.”

I chuckled. “Well, what kind of colors and flavors does he like?”

There was silence for a few minutes. Chase looked up and chuckled. “I really have no idea.”

I quickly glanced in the mirror to make sure the bruise on my eye was still covered well. “I can try something with no knowledge. It’ll be risky.”

Chase took a step forward. “I trust you.”

Shit. Is he flirting? God, his eyes made my knees buckle. Maybe I should try it back? “Do you have a game tonight?” You’re pathetic.

He shook his head, half smiled, and took a step closer. “Why do you ask?”

“Well, my friend is having an art showing tonight in Old City and I was wondering if you wanted to come.” He was so close now I had to look up.

“I’d love to. I’m not a very big art person, but, I did really want to see you again.”

“You came to the bakery.”

“I didn’t know if you’d be here.”

“Liar.” I grinned.

Chase chuckled, shook his head, and I took another step closer to him. “You really are a pain in the ass.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t talk sir. I didn’t hit you in the eye with a baseball, did I now?”

“Not yet.”

My ass was literally pressed against the counter now and I could feel Chase’s shirt touching mine. Our mouths were so close I could feel his hot, moist breath on my face. We stood there like that for a few more seconds until I felt his hand on my back, then he pressed his lips against mine. He tasted sweeter than any cake I’d ever baked. I ran my fingers through his smooth brown hair as Chase pushed me up onto the counter. His left hand was now on my breast, his right one making it’s way up my shirt to my bra. I shoved my tongue into his mouth and he moaned with delight. Oh, I didn’t want to leave. Really. But I’d noticed that it was almost time for me to leave. I pulled away from him and smiled. “We have to go.”

Chase frowned. “No we don’t.” He kissed my nose.

I giggled. “Chase, I promised my friend. Really, it’s time to leave.”

“I can’t change?” Chase said as I walked around the counter to turn the “OPEN” sign to “CLOSED”.

“It’s not a fancy thing. It’s in Rittenhouse Park. I just need to change my shirt.”

Chase smiled, then that smile immediately faded when I went into the back, but made sure the door was open a crack. I tore off my shirt with confidence, put on a black blouse, grabbed my keys, then Chase’s hand.

We got to the park about forty minutes later, the sun was set and the temperature was perfect. I was ten thousand times happier to be here now that I was with Chase, who had his strong arm around my neck as we walked up to the first picture.

“Now how do you know this friend?”

“She works for me. She’s the one of many that I told you about the other night. Natalie.”

“Oh, right right right. The one that likes to sleep with men.”

I slapped his arm and looked at a picture of a toddler running in a park with balloons. “She really loves this stuff.”

“More than cake?”

I slapped him again but laughed. There was something about him, that even though he was being a prick, he still made me smile.

“Marisa!” I heard Natalie scream from somewhere in the crowd of people. A few minutes later she appeared right in front of me, wearing a leopard print dress. “Oh my god I’m so glad to see you!”

I gave her a hug, and her eyes eventually traveled to Chase, who was waiting to be introduced like he wasn’t a major league baseball player. Natalie’s jaw dropped before I could say anything. “Natalie,” I said with a giant lump in my throat. “this is the guy I was telling you about, Chase Utley.”

Natalie picked her jaw up off the floor, then smiled brightly. “Hi.” She said in a tone I’d never heard before. She had a tone that she used with previous boyfriends who she thought were cute, but this tone was so different. “I am such a big fan. Thank you for coming.”

Chase shook her hand politely. “Thank you very much. Your work is beautiful.”

“Oh, wow, I, I thank you. I thank you.” Natalie said, a layer of sweat forming on her forehead. She looked at me and bulged her eyes. I just shrugged, unable to say anything through my utter happiness.

Some people about ten feet away were waving and smiling at Natalie. She smiled at me, then Chase. “I have to go, but I’ll talk to you guys later. You’re going to call me tonight.” She almost squeezed my hand off. “Thanks for coming!”

I grabbed Chase’s hand and we filed through the crowd to the champagne table. “I didn’t know your friend was so…”

“Weird?”

Chase almost spit his drink. “What? No, no. Well. Maybe.”

I chuckled. “Thank you for coming. You really didn’t have to.”

He smiled, then looked me up and down. “Do I get rewarded for my troubles?”

Our noses touched. “Oh, Mr. Baseball wants a double header.”

STITCHES.

CHAPTER 6

Chase played delicately with a strand of her long, golden hair. The room was completely silent. He didn’t even want to breathe, in fear of waking her up. She was so beautiful. So peaceful.

He didn’t sleep with her. He didn’t want to, because he was terrified that like every other relationship he’d been in, sex would ruin it. She wasn’t that kind of girl. She was smart. Instead, he had the most amazing night of his life staying up with her watching classics like ‘Modern Times’ and ‘Titanic’ which he had actually never seen before. Since his life revolved around baseball. He loved making stupid remarks to things that were actually really smart, just to see her laugh. She fell asleep on his arm, making it tingle like crazy, but he didn’t move. That was three hours ago now. Chase looked at the clock for the first time. Six thirty. He needed to leave for his game at one. Luckily, when he looked back, her eyes were open and she was smiling at him. “Hi.” she said softly.

“Hi.”

Marisa leaned over and kissed his lips. “Do you have to leave?”

He nodded, she frowned in response. “Will I see you today?” he asked.

“I don’t have a ticket.” she shrugged.

“Your nephew does.”

She laughed and they both climbed out of bed, and walked down the hall. Everything seemed a little different. Like someone broke into the apartment in the middle of the night, pushed everything an inch to the right and left. Marisa stopped in the kitchen and began making a cup of coffee, while Chase grabbed his baseball bag that he picked up from his place last night before coming here. Say something smart. “It’s a gorgeous day.” Idiot.

Marisa smiled and looked out the window. When she noticed him putting his sneakers on she frowned. “No coffee?”

He shook his head. “I’ll get some there. I really have to go.”

They walked towards each other and she put her index finger in his belt loop, and kissed him passionately. “I guess I’ll see you at one.” She whispered.

She was so beautiful. Chase really didn’t want to leave. “One it is.” He bit his lip hard. Chase reluctantly walked out to the door, hearing some cabinets open and close behind him. He turned around. “You know, I could always get fired.”

Marisa looked up from what she was doing and smiled. She looked at her watch. “I’m sure you can make it six and a half hours.”

Chase frowned. “I really don’t think I can.” He pouted, pulling her waist close to his.

They kissed again. Her skin smelled like strawberries and her mouth was this indescribable taste that he was completely, totally and utterly addicted to. Finally, he got the courage to leave.

Chase’s best friend Jayson’s eyes started to water. He’d been laughing hysterically at Chase’s story for the past fifteen minutes now. He couldn’t believe he was dating the girl he hit with a baseball. He was dating her, right?

“Just get it out.” Chase said, buttoning up his jersey.

Jayson was sitting on the ground, holding his heart like he was about to die. “Oh god, I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe!”

Chase slapped his bare back and tried not to make him see his smile. “Come on man,” he tried not to chuckle. “this is important to me.”

Jayson coughed up his last few chuckles, nodded, and continued getting ready for their game. “Sorry. Sorry.”

“I just really hope she comes today.” Chase says worriedly.

“Come on, man. I’m sure she will. It sounds like she likes you.”

“We had such a great time last night.” He plays around with his cap, remembering her smile.

“I’m sure you did.” Jayson’s eyebrows went up as he finished dressing.

I rolled my eyes. “We didn’t sleep together.”

The two of them went out to the field, where people were starting to file in. They clapped when they entered the field. Jayson grabbed a ball, went back about twenty yards and threw the ball to Chase. “I don’t get it. Why didn’t you sleep with her? She was hot, right?”

Chase rolled his eyes and chucked the ball back, making sure he’d hurt his hand. “I didn’t want to ruin things.”

“Sex doesn’t ruin anything.”

“I’m actually looking for a relationship, Jay.” Chase bent down to pick up the rolling ball and threw it back. “I really like her.”

“Why?”

“Have you ever thought that there was maybe more to life than your life? More to life than just sleeping around?”

Jay paused for a minute, thought about it, and threw the ball back. “Nope.”

Chase dropped the ball and stretched his legs out. “She should be here soon. I got her nephew tickets behind home plate.”

Jayson moaned something Chase couldn’t understand and walked toward a few awfully thin girls, smiling and waving at him. So Chase decided to look for her.

---

Memories of that very awful, very wonderful day flashed through my mind as Nick and I filed down the row to our seats behind home plate. I looked up at where the three of us were sitting and my eye started to ache.

“THESE ARE THE BESTESTEST SEATS EVER AUNT ’RISA!!” Nick screamed with a hot dog halfway down his throat.

I chuckled and looked out onto the field. There he was in all his glory. Number twenty six. He was sitting on the ground with his legs parted, stretching from side to side, looking around the stadium. Our eyes locked, and he started walking towards us. When he got there I was trying my best to act casual, but just looked like an ass instead. Chase smiled, put his elbows on the wall between us and leaned in. “Nice of you to show up.”

“HEY CHASE!” Nick screams before I can say anything.

“Hey, buddy. How’ve you been?”

“GREAT CHASE HOWS MY AUNT IN THE SACK?”

We looked at each other, then back at Nick. “What?” We said in unison.

“My mommy told me to ask you that.” He quieted down. “I don’t know what it means.”

All I could do is burst into laughter, so Chase did the same. Nick just looked as confused as any six year old would.

I leaned in and reached through the mesh to put my hand on Chase’s strong arm. “Have a good game.”

And that he did. In three innings he hit two triples and a home run. Everyone around us was muttering “There’s something different about Chase tonight, and I like it.”. I did too.

STITCHES.

CHAPTER 7

I opened a pint of Ben & Jerry's and curled up next to Chase. A storm was howling outside while we spent our last night together before he had to go to Florida for three days, so we were going to spend it watching The Blob on TCM. His chest was so rock hard, yet so comfortable at the same time, warming my body against his as a symphony of lighting strikes performed a ballad in front of our eyes.

Only ten minutes and a few of Chase's sarcastic jokes into the movie, a news flash busted onto the screen in a hurry. Brian Williams was now sitting in front of us. “Good afternoon, and we apologize for the interruption. But breaking news this Monday night. A Major League Baseball player, Price Flyder, has just been found stabbed to death in his hotel room at the Four Seasons in Center City, Philadelphia.”

My stomach flipped.

“Flyder had just finished a three game series with the Philadelphia Phillies, and was heading home tomorrow. Police think this could've been an act of revenge, since Flyder had accidentally hit one of the Phillies key pitchers, Cole Hamels, in the shoulder today with a baseball, seriously injuring him. The man was spotted only moments after it happened, running from the scene. Unfortunately he is now on the loose in Philadelphia, so we advise you right now to lock all your doors and windows. And if you see anything that looks suspicious please, contact the police immediately. We now return you to your regular programming.”

“My god.” Chase gasped.

I put down the ice cream and looked out the window at the pouring rain, then back at Chase. “Great city, eh?”

Chase smiled slightly. “That's so sad. He was a complete ass, but that's really terrible. I can't believe this.”

My heart warmed a little when Chase's first instinct was to get up and lock all my doors and windows. When he was done his little tirade, he walked back into the living room. “How far away is the Four Seasons?”

“About a block.” I said, fighting the lump in my throat.

Chase looked up at the storm, then back at me, then smiled. “Well, I'm not leaving you alone.”

“Chase, you really don't-”

He curled up next to me and put and stroked my leg gently. “Well, first of all, I didn't want to leave anyways, second of all, maybe I just don't want to go out there with all the serial killers?”

I kissed him on the head, taking in the fruity smell of his shampoo. “Thank you.”

Chase climbed on top of me and rested his head on my chest as we watched the rest of the movie. His remarks were still stupid, but made me laugh so hard I cried. I ran my fingers through his soft hair and realized at that moment, that if it wasn't for him, I'd probably be sitting in the corner of my apartment with a baseball bat in my hand. Oh, and I wouldn't have a bruise on my eye.

That night I didn't sleep. For some reason I don't think Chase was sleeping either, just trying to at the best of his ability. Another reason was that I was holding onto him so tight he probably couldn't breathe. My bare chest was up against his bare chest, his arm around me, stroking my back. I felt so safe. So close to him, but I wanted to be closer.

I could hear his heart beating, my ear up against his warm chest as it rose up and down with each breath. And for some reason, I knew it was the greatest sound of my life. “Please don't hit anyone in Florida.” I whispered.

The next morning Chase and I went to breakfast, shared a very long, passionate kiss, and just like that he was gone. I was so nervous that I squeezed his hands red. He didn't say anything.

After that I decided to go see an old friend of mine at the police office, to try to get more information about what happened last night. I walked in and saw him eating a donut at the front desk. He looked up at me and smiled. “Who vandalized your bakery now?”

I rolled my eyes, but chuckled. “How've you been, Jim?”

“Good, since I haven't seen you in so long.” he joked like a five year old. “How's your sister? Still got that chip on her shoulder?”

“You slept with her eight years ago and never called.”

He rubbed his stomach and began to read something. “I'm human. So why you here?”

“What happened with that baseball player last night?”

Jim looked up from what he was reading, his face more serious. “Come to my office.”

I followed him through a maze of halls, down to a door at the very end that smelled like coffee. His office.

“Oh, you didn't tell me you were sergeant now.” I faked a sexy voice.

He frowned. “Sumthin's different about you.”

“You have no idea.”

I sat in a worn out brown chair that smelled like baby powder as Jim went through a file cabinet. He glanced at a few, put them back, glanced at some more, put them back, then finally picked out a giant brown folder with 'FLYDER' written on it in Sharpie. I got nauseous. Jim opened it, flipped through some pictures with an awful lot of blood that I refused to look at, then got to the police report. “Ah, Price Flyder. Someone apparently broke into his hotel room, shot him, stabbed him, then left. No reported suspects.” He chomped down into his donut, like that was just a Tuesday.

“Do you see any reason why he would do it?”

“If he's a Phil's fan, I could do it too.”

“Jim.”

Jim rolled his eyes and kept on reading. “Just the thing with the hit.”

I sat up in my chair and eyed his notes. “Any reason why he'd do this to a Phillies player?” I tried to cover my tracks. “Or any other player?”

Jim furrowed his brow, smacked the folder shut, and leaned back in his chair. “What. Is. Up.”

I didn't want to do this, but I guess I gave myself away. “I'm dating a Phillie.”

Jim stood up, his eyes about to pop out of his head and laughed. “You're kidding.”

After I didn't laugh, that's when he went ballistic. “Well who is it?”

“Chase Utley.”

Another twenty minutes of hysterical laughter and surprise. “Wow, who knew. Who knew.”

“Jim.” I said with worry, quieting him down. “I'm worried.”

“How long have you been dating my MVP?”

I rolled my eyes. “About a week now.”

He picked up the folder again, examining it in different angles like it was a vase. “I don't see any reason for you to be worried. There's no pattern, no sign of a serial killing. Your boy should be fine. Tell him to hit a homer for me this weekend?”

With that, I was gone. The fact that Jim had the mind of a five year old always pissed me off, but him saying that everything should be okay wasn't enough for me. I didn't want to lose Chase to some psychopath who's in love with Cole Hamels.

I walked down to Rittenhouse Square and lied down in the middle of the grass. I took my cell phone out of my pocket and called Chase's number. “Yeah.”

“It's so good to hear his voice.”

I could feel Chase smiling. “Hi babe. You alright?”

“Are you?”

“I'm fine.” He said with a calmed voice. “Really, you need to relax. This was just one incident.”

I hesitated.

“Marisa,” he said. “I'm not going anywhere.”

SCREW PRINCE FIELDER. :laugh4:

thanks!! :laugh4:!!!

i don't know where/how this is going to end. :uhoh::P

I just reread it all!

LOVEEEEEE it!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D::D

:heart:!!!!!!!!

Wait! Hold on!! People actually DID want me to post my drabble a few days ago!! :D

It sucks, I'm sorry. I put it up on Fanfiction and the meanies over there haven't even given me any reviews. :angry:

"...Damn."

"...Yeah."

"Yeah. Here." I pick up his cane, lying next to the House-shaped imprint in the snow. "Get up."

"Shame, though."

"Yeah, it sure is a shame that you singlehandedly managed to get me banned from my favorite bar in Princeton."

"Ow! You hurt my feelings." God damn, the sardonic look again. "And, Dr. Wilson, forget not that you..."

"Shut up." Silence.

"Yep."

"...Good times!"

VERY GOOD SARA!

:clap:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

new chase fanfic!!

iNk.

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. My eyes fluttered open to the sound of my alarm clock beeping. I slammed the snooze and rolled out of bed. Today’s interview…what was it? I don’t think Diane ever told me. Shit.

I left the apartment around four, dressed in a black turtle neck and jeans. Wasn’t really in the mood for color, even though it was Friday. The city was quiet as usual that early in the morning, except for where I work. The Philadelphia Inquirer.

"Marisa thank God you’re here!" My assistant Vicky yelled from down the hall. She shuffled in her tiny heels to try to catch up to me. Vicky always dressed in fancy, high priced clothing. Which I didn‘t get because she was running around the building for half of the day. "Diane processed your last article and says that you have to go interview the Philadelphia Phillies Chase Utley at noon, before his game."

I stopped in my tracks and stared into her bright blue eyes as journalists pushed their way past me, papers flying everywhere. "Seriously?"

She handed me the interview forum and smiled, curling one of her fiery red locks. "You are the luckiest woman in Philadelphia today."

My face got hot as I sat at my desk. Towers of papers surrounded me as I stared at my computer screen. Chase Utley. Shit. What the hell do you ask the hottest player in the MLB?

"What the hell do you ask the hottest player in the MLB?" I said as I walked into Diane’s office.

She looked the same as she did every day. Her white hair perfectly straightened, ending at her ears. She always wore a white turtle neck, and this slight smile that said "fuck off" in bold letters. "I see you got your interview."

"I barely get to watch the Phillies, I barely get to eat. But even you must know that this man has been asked everything in the world. Come on, Diane, give me something." I leaned against her desk, then realized that she’d stare me down until I stopped. So, I took a seat.

"You will be one of the first to interview him after his surgery."

"Surgery?" I felt stupid.

"Yes, Marisa, he had hip surgery. Now stop talking to me and go do your research. You need to be at Citizens Bank Park by 11:30. Now get out of here so I can do some work."

i hope you like it!

"...Damn."

"...Yeah."

"Shame, though."

"Shut up." Silence.

"Yep."

"...Good times!"

LOVE IT ;) ahh House FanFic :heart:

iNk.

CHAPTER 2

I sat at my desk with fresh piles of papers in front of me. I think I knew everything about this 'Chase Utley' character now. He was always in our papers, so I just needed to look back into old archives. Grew up in California, went to UCLA, drafted to the Phillies in 2000. What more do I need to know?

Around 11:15 I left for the ballpark. It was quite warm that day, with barely any clouds in the sky. Vicky was texting me every few seconds asking how the interview went and if I could ask Chase Utley to marry her. Was he really that good looking? Like I said before, I never get to watch baseball thanks to my job, so I'd never seen the guy. I arrived at 11:20 and was greeted by one of the Phillies representatives, Jon Ackley, at the front gate. He was balding with short brown hair and had a round stomach that reminded me of Santa Claus.

"Marisa, welcome!" he said shaking my hand rapidly. "We appreciate you coming out here so early. The boys are very excited to meet you."

My face blushed as we walked inside. "I'm sure they aren't, they all must hate reporters."

"Oh, quite the contrary." He opened the front door. "They really do appreciate you guys."

Maybe I didn't know baseball as well as I thought. "So, where will the interview be taking place?"

"Well, Chase is in the locker room right now so you can just go in and introduce yourself. They'll all be covered up and everything so don't worry about that." He smiled and pointed me towards the locker room.

Locker room. Oh my god, I love my job.

I walked down the hall and opened a door with a giant "Phillies" logo on it into the locker room. It smelled like a dryer and there were shirtless men crawling all over. Okay, I'd done this with the Sixers plenty of times. A few looked me up and down as I made my way through the crowd of buff baseball players to Chase's locker. And there he was. The man must've been around six one or two, and had the most beautiful face I'd ever seen. His eyes were bright blue and contrasted greatly with the brown and gray stubble on his chin. And his hair. His hair was a short and spikey brown with a few blonde streaks in the front, indicating he'd been in the sun for long periods of time. As soon as I got there he was taking his black t-shirt off to reveal a rock hard six pack with a small scar on his left hip. He noticed me, and I honestly couldn't move as I heard guys calling me "hot" and "tan" behind me. His eyes traveled down to my legs, then back up at my face. "You can't be my interviewer."

I tried to be nonchalant. "Why's that?" I stumbled the last few words while tripping when trying to lean on the wall.

"You're too beautiful." He grinned the most adorable grin. "The last woman to interview me was three hundred pounds with a unibrow and a mostache. Plus, she kept grabbing my ass which is a completely different story."

My spine shook as I attempted to laugh, and there was a throbbing in my groin that told me to take this interview into the bathroom. No, stay professional. I put a clammy hand out. "Hi Chase, I'm Marisa Smith."

He smiled sweetly. "Nice to meet you." Oh, he had the softest touch.

I sat down on the bench next to him as he started to unbutton his pants. Come on dude, you're killing me! I screamed in my head. "So, um, I don't watch baseball that much, so this interview is probably going to go really really bad."

"Don't worry, I don't think it could compete with some of my other interviews." His jeans dropped to the ground and he was now in his boxers. I let out a slight squeal. "One interviewer kept asking me to marry her and thought I was Greg Dobbs. Oh, and her husband came in and broke my nose because she told him we were running away together."

"US Times?"

"Oh yeah." We both laughed. I now noticed him staring at me out of the corner of my eye. He was leaning up against the locker wall and I had the greatest urge to jump him. Marisa... shut yourself up and get on with the interview.

We were like two peads in a pod. He answered all my questions wonderfully, not making any remarks about how he gets that question all the time. In fact, he must've said "good question" after every question I asked. We'd even joke with each other about the most random things, and it really seemed like we had some sort of connection. Maybe it was the dirty thoughts piling up in my head."Thank you so much, Chase." I smiled while putting everything in my messenger bag.

He didn't say anything for a few seconds. In fact, I noticed him frowning. Still in those gorgeous boxers. "Are you coming to the game?"

I looked up at him. He was leaning against the locker room wall again, his giant arms folded. "I don't have a seat."

He huffed and grinned from ear to ear. "Just ask Jon on your way out, he can get you seats behind our dugout." He shook his head so fast he looked like a little boy. "You know what, maybe you shouldn't be that close, you might be a little too distracting."

Is he flirting? Oh my God I think he's flirting. Stop chuckling like a dumbass and say something. "I'll be there. Can't wait to see you." Give me some credit, I haven't flirted in years.

:smug:!

iNk.

CHAPTER 3

I ended up getting two tickets, so I invited my best friend Natalie to go with me. We met in the third grade and have been best friends ever since. Now she owned a sex shop a few blocks down the road from my apartment. Natalie wasn’t what you would call… normal.

We filed down the front row behind the Phillies dugout and sat in our seats. I started to snack on a French fry. "Okay, where is he?" Natalie said, fixing her hair.

I looked out onto the field of players. A few were stretching, a few were playing catch, and another few were just standing around talking. It was starting to get a little chilly that May night, so I rubbed my arms frantically. I couldn’t see him yet. "I don’t know." I frowned.

"Cold?" I heard a familiar voice ask to my left. I turned to see Chase smiling down at me, unfortunately fully dressed.

"Quite." I said, getting more comfortable around him. "Oh, Chase this is my best friend Natalie. Natalie, Chase Utley."

A few Phillies fans were now crowding around Chase, snapping pictures. Natalie’s dark brown eyes were bulged as she waved a shaky hand. "Hello." There were beads of sweat forming on her forehead.

"Hi." Chase said, smiling politely.

I stood up and took a few steps closer to where he was standing and leaned against the fence. "I’m glad you came." he smiled again, and I felt my knees buckling.

"Me too." I smiled, imagining kissing those gorgeous lips. "God it’s freezing." I chuckled.

He held up a pointer finger and walked back to the dugout for a second. I shot Natalie a confused look as he started walking back with a Phillies windbreaker. "Here."

"Isn’t this yours?"

"I’ll live." He chuckled. "Really, take it."

I put my hand on the windbreaker, feeling my fingers slide against his. My spine shook. "Good luck!"

Natalie was glaring at me the whole ten feet back to my seat. "I am so jealous you’ll be fucking that."

"Oh shut up." I blushed, pulling the windbreaker over my arms. It was still warm, and smelled just like him.

The game started with the singing of the National Anthem. The players were lined up from second base to first. A little girl came out and stood on top of the mound. We all clapped. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone looking at me. My eyes traveled over to Chase. His blue eyes locked with mine for what felt like hours. I tried to smile flirtatiously, but, I just looked like I was having a seizure. The little girl sang, we all cheered, and the night of my life was about to begin.