✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

IKEA

sarah**

Sarah, YES!! IKEA had the BEST style, and so cool for small-space-living. We have LOTS in our house (because it's very small lol) and some of it is brilliant. But you have to remember that it's very much part of the throwaway society - don't expect it to last. Also, their fabrics aren't great quality, and the curtains crease up a lot and don't hang straight. But if that doesn't matter to you, then GO FOR IT!! We have their blue glass plates and bubble cutlery, which is lovely (but the knives break if you put pressure on them!) and some of their cupboards. It's fun stuff alright. About time we had a thread about it!!

Sarah' date=' YES!! IKEA had the BEST style, and so cool for small-space-living. We have LOTS in our house (because it's very small lol) and some of it is brilliant. But you have to remember that it's very much part of the throwaway society - don't expect it to last. Also, their fabrics aren't great quality, and the curtains crease up a lot and don't hang straight. But if that doesn't matter to you, then GO FOR IT!! We have their blue glass plates and bubble cutlery, which is lovely (but the knives break if you put pressure on them!) and some of their cupboards. It's fun stuff alright. About time we had a thread about it!![/quote']

VICKY! My mother wanted me to buy those exact blue bubble cutlery when we were there today but I decided for the plain metal cutlery! I really like it though, and I got some blue ceramic plates today there :) Last year we renovated the kitchen in all IKEA and we have loads of stuff from there, but like you said the quality is not so good.

My uncle thinks that we are one of those Swedish families in the IKEA catelogue because we have so much stuff from there, lol.

IKEA!

SWEDEN POWAH!!!

wait..but some things from there are made in china!

I like ikea, i went today.

You should get the couch/sofa that has the polka dots on it. its blue and green polka dots and its really funky.

GET OUT CHARLINE I was there today too, the one on Sheppard :) And I had lunch there with my mom :D

I loooooove IKEA and have their stuff in every room of my house!!! :D :D

My favourite at the mo is the desk/cupboard contraption I'm sitting at now (so I can hide my PC from my darling 2 year old son!) I work from home and have just had to relocate my office to give said son a bigger bedroom - done out in IKEA of course! :lol: He has a set of traffic lights on his wall which he absolutely adores, and the "fun house" mirrors under his window, and huge crates on wheels with all his toys in!!

We are IKEA mad in this house! :lol: :lol: :confused: :lol: :lol:

VICKY! My mother wanted me to buy those exact blue bubble cutlery when we were there today but I decided for the plain metal cutlery! I really like it though, and I got some blue ceramic plates today there :) Last year we renovated the kitchen in all IKEA and we have loads of stuff from there, but like you said the quality is not so good.

My uncle thinks that we are one of those Swedish families in the IKEA catelogue because we have so much stuff from there, lol.

YAY!!! Your mum's got good taste! And good sense not to buy the blue bubbles - we still have six of everything, but only 3 knives because the others broke cutting cheese!! We have loads of stuff from there, though - little cupboards and shelves and duvet covers (they're very good) and seat pads for the chairs. We just kitted out a room with the Pax range of wardrobes and couldn't get the last 3 drawers for MONTHS cos they were always out of stock. But would you believe it an old, old friend who now lives in the States came to visit, and he just HAPPENS to work for IKEA at a high level, so he pulled some strings and got me the drawers!!! Thank you Jon!!! :smug:

But I struggle with the fabric and have just been seduced by a £5 price tag into buying some of the 'boats' curtains, but I'm not going to use them because they crease so much. ANYONE WANNA BUY SOME BOATS CURTAINS? :D