✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Tell me something about you that I don't know

Jewel

I don't eat gluten, soy, or dairy because they are some of the top inflammatory agents. Oh, and I will hide my eyes if I pass by live lobster tanks in a grocery store or octopus tanks in restaurants. Makes me shiver to think of it!!

• Like 2

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leaver

• Crests

• Jewel

• Starlight

I don't eat gluten, soy, or dairy because they are some of the top inflammatory agents. Oh, and I will hide my eyes if I pass by live lobster tanks in a grocery store or octopus tanks in restaurants. Makes me shiver to think of it!!

I have lactose intolerance. Which is a bad thing because I love foamed milk coffee products like Latte Macchiato or Cappuccino. At home I use lactose-free milk and outside I use lactase pills, but unfortunately I never really got the hang of an exact dosing or timing, which is why I sometimes get problems after a Latte Macchiato or Cappuccino.

• Like 1

I have lactose intolerance. Which is a bad thing because I love foamed milk coffee products like Latte Macchiato or Cappuccino. At home I use lactose-free milk and outside I use lactase pills, but unfortunately I never really got the hang of an exact dosing or timing, which is why I sometimes get problems after a Latte Macchiato or Cappuccino.

Either try almond or coconut milk or a blend. Vanilla is yummy! There is also cream.

Sometimes I don't sleep for 48 hours because it makes me see things differently and in a new perspective.

Used to stay up 40 hrs or something in a row, too, some years ago, during one of my darker life periods. But honestly, all it makes me feel like is drunk (drunk but NOT high, so high, so high.....)and after a while it emotionally and physically wrecked me. I still have nights in which I don't manage to fall asleep, and the day after feels like a living hell. I appreciate if it doesn't have negative effects on you and helps you see things differently...for me, sleep deprivation was/is hell.

• Like 3

Used to stay up 40 hrs or something in a row, too, some years ago, during one of my darker life periods. But honestly, all it makes me feel like is drunk (drunk but NOT high, so high, so high.....)and after a while it emotionally and physically wrecked me. I still have nights in which I don't manage to fall asleep, and the day after feels like a living hell. I appreciate if it doesn't have negative effects on you and helps you see things differently...for me, sleep deprivation was/is hell.

:stunned: Yeah no, if it makes you feel that terrible you should really avoid it D: I admit it's not healthy, but sometimes I need some kind of creative boost (I work as a freelance artist and creation is what pays the bills lmao) and being tired puts me in a state of weirdness in which I see a lot of new ideas in things that haven't been interesting at all to me. Like for example last night where I was very tired I got super excited about drawing the intricate mechanics of motorcycles and cars, which I usually LOATHE to draw. And that enthusiasm is still there and keeps me going :wacko:

• Like 3

Sometimes I don't sleep for 48 hours because it makes me see things differently and in a new perspective.

I wish I could do this... every time... Unfortunately I operate best when I get 9-10 hours of sleep daily :\

• Like 2

:stunned: Yeah no, if it makes you feel that terrible you should really avoid it D: I admit it's not healthy, but sometimes I need some kind of creative boost (I work as a freelance artist and creation is what pays the bills lmao) and being tired puts me in a state of weirdness in which I see a lot of new ideas in things that haven't been interesting at all to me. Like for example last night where I was very tired I got super excited about drawing the intricate mechanics of motorcycles and cars, which I usually LOATHE to draw. And that enthusiasm is still there and keeps me going :wacko:

Didn't know you were a professional artist. Thought it only was your hobby :D

• Like 1

And it is a whole other kind of experience having both chronic pain and chronic fatigue syndrome and being up half the night or more due to pain or pain meds. Ah, the days of being young and staying up for all the reasons you all listed! Still no fun for you!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Our student coffeeshop used to have a song in its playlist that I hated. For years I kept hearing it and it had this lyric "We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do". Many years later when I listened to all Coldplay albums I came across it again, and while I still don't really love it it has definitely grown on me.

LOL you actually used to hate a song from what would eventually become your favorite band but you didn't know it, thats funny

But you were really lucky to hear such a rare song... (to be played in a public place)

LOL you actually used to hate a song from what would eventually become your favorite band but you didn't know it, thats funny

But you were really lucky to hear such a rare song... (to be played in a public place)

LOL yeah...it is in heavy rotation there. Except from this place I've heard Don't Panic once in another Restaurant

• Like 1

This takes me back allll the way to June of 2014. The nights were so very hot and I didn't have AC at the time. long story short, I couldn't sleep. It just wouldn't happen. I tried to get a fan and it worked to cool me off a little but it really only blew hot air around, plus somehow it'd make me sniff more, I mean a lot more to the point where I just couldn't sleep because I was sniffing so much. So I ended up having this really long period where I couldn't really sleep. Yes, I tried to go into another room and that interestingly enough was cooler for some reason. Because my mind was still racing it was hard for me to get to sleep but I managed to get a little bit of rest, but I had to do some relaxation techniques for that to be able to happen. Now normally it wouldn't have mattered all that much but I had to get up pretty early so getting no sleep would most likely leave me really tired and unable to think or remember anything throughout the day. But after a while I didn't have to get up super early anymore so everything was fine even if I could sleep, I could just allow myself to go to bed when my tiredness would eventually take over for good (and it'd cooled down a bit). But eventually the summer got so hot that I had to spent most of my time in the basement (my room and computer is upstairs) just because I didn't have AC and it was just too hot to be upstairs. Glad that's over now, I have an AC so that's not happening anymore. :D (although they were memorable and for some reason slightly nostalgic....)

Didn't know you were a professional artist. Thought it only was your hobby :D

Wow :o that'd explain why she makes some really really nice artwork, like remember her AHFOD artwork and the rarities/b-sides artwork or unreleased or whatever it was again.. they both looked amazing, artistic, and creative. Wonderful job by her!

• Like 2

LOL yeah...it is in heavy rotation there. Except from this place I've heard Don't Panic once in another Restaurant

Funny, I just passed the same restaurant (its near my home) and I thought I hear Chris again ! Went inside briefly and sure enough, Fix You was playing !! :D

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...