✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The XX

deaths_friend

I loved Coexist, but I don't care for this Gatsby song.

I finally saw them last month, and I'm kicking myself for being too cheap to pay $45 to see them in a tiny venue last year (usually acts charge $25 for that venue, so I said no), because I saw them in a larger space and they just didn't feel right there. Their sound doesn't carry across wide spaces. Still a good show and lots of people singing along, but I feel like I missed my chance to see their best performances, especially if larger venues are becoming the norm for them. (I'm gonna skip that Hollywood Bowl show because that sounds like the worst show ever for them.)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Coexist, but I don't care for this Gatsby song.

I finally saw them last month, and I'm kicking myself for being too cheap to pay $45 to see them in a tiny venue last year (usually acts charge $25 for that venue, so I said no), because I saw them in a larger space and they just didn't feel right there. Their sound doesn't carry across wide spaces. Still a good show and lots of people singing along, but I feel like I missed my chance to see their best performances, especially if larger venues are becoming the norm for them. (I'm gonna skip that Hollywood Bowl show because that sounds like the worst show ever for them.)

Way to big up the Night + Day show I'm seeing, man :P

--

I just want to stick up for them here, and for Coexist. They're no more boring than any band like Portishead or Mumford and Sons; their sound has been stretched across two albums because people loved the first one so much, and actually, the production's shifted from a more indie style to something dancier, in a subtle way that only The xx could get away with.

I just feel like I should restore the balance slightly. Coexist is a good album and The xx are one of the best pop groups in the world. And actually I like the Gatsby track; very brooding, moody and it's nice to hear something from them that has five minutes to develop and sprawl out a little.

the production's shifted from a more indie style to something dancier, in a subtle way that only The xx could get away with.

Actually yeah I agree with this, the production on Coexist was a lot more interesting than the first album.

I just find their sound real annoying and I want Jamie XX to make more amazing dance music :(

Actually yeah I agree with this, the production on Coexist was a lot more interesting than the first album.

I just find their sound real annoying and I want Jamie XX to make more amazing dance music :(

I'd love that. We're New Here is excellent.

^I don't remember thanking that post :thinking:

I honestly hope they stop making music sometime soon :uhoh:

Their sound is so predictable and boring. I hated Coexist.

plus Jamie XX is capable of sooo much more

OMG SOMEBODY BAN THIS GUY

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...