✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Big Day Out 2010

deaths_friend

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a couple of issues

1. just checked out the Bureau of Meteorology forecast for friday's BDO in sydney. the forecast for west sydney (which is where the BDO is held) is a max of 37C. its gonna be a long hot sweaty day!!

2. i really hope channel V do a good job of broadcasting the 100th BDO on saturday. im hoping a full LIVE broadcast of muse, powderfinger and the mars volta's performances . instead of crappy "highlights" throughout the night.

ive got a crazy hectic week ahead. rise against tomorrow BDO friday and long work days everyday before and after BDO. on top of that i've got a viral infection which just wont go away. add to that 37C temps on the day. look out for me in those articles in the paper the day after BDO outlining how many people were arrested and how many were hospitalised. not sure which section i will fall under.

I have written a preview of the melbourne Big Day Out on my blog:

http://theamarar.blogspot.com/2010/01/big-day-out-2010-melbourne-preview.html

Please feel free comment on who you're excited about seeing!

Awesome. :awesome:

ive got a crazy hectic week ahead. rise against tomorrow BDO friday and long work days everyday before and after BDO. on top of that i've got a viral infection which just wont go away. add to that 37C temps on the day. look out for me in those articles in the paper the day after BDO outlining how many people were arrested and how many were hospitalised. not sure which section i will fall under.

I suggest you try not to get arrested... haha. Good luck! :(

just read a report that dizzee rascal was almost bottled off at the gold coast bdo. i always thought that he was a very very bad choice for the main stage alongside lily allen. havent they seen the footage of what the infamous Reading Festival crowd did to G-unit with 50 cent a few years back.

apparently lily forgot to wear pants on stage. bloody scouser.

anyways back to talking about musicians. i went to see Rise Against last night at the Enmore in sydney and what a spectacular show it was. i admit that i only know a handful of their songs but that didnt really matter last night. ive been to quite a few gigs now and atmosphere-wise this was one of the best. for most of the glorious 75mins, the crowd drowned out the powerful vocalist in fits of passion and raw energy. feel like sacrificing a great spot at BDO for muse just to see them again!!

Ha yeah I listened to them on triple J this morning, they were on doing an interview, and thought it was an amazing gig. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Well, I still think dizzy is a good inclusion, but he needs to be in the boiler, NOT main stage.

As for Lily Allen, she is better without pants.

And Melbourne's looking at 34 degrees for next tues. GROAN