✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Big Day Out 2010

deaths_friend

one of the most eagerly anticipated BDO's in a long time! muse seem to be a shoe in to headline the festival but its a massive mystery as to who will be in support.

line up will be announced on Tuesday 29th September on triple j breakfast show. the line up might be announced on the official website before that.

http://www.bigdayout.com

CANT WAIT

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LINE UP ANNOUNCED

HERE IT IS

Muse

Powderfinger

Lily Allen

Eskimo Joe

Groove Armada

Grinspoon

The Mars Volta

Ladyhawke

Dizzee Rascal

Karnivool

Peaches

The Temper Trap

Kasabian

Midnight Juggernauts

Rise Against

Magic Dirt

Mastodon

Lisa Mitchell

The Horrors

Bluejuice

Calvin Harris

Kisschasy

The Decemberists

Tame Impala

Girl Talk

AND THE ALL IMPORTANT DATES

Auckland 15/1

GC 17/1

Syd 22/1

Melb 26/1

Adel 29/1

Perth 31/1

i just prefer the atmosphere of those smaller festivals. i know they're very hippie and indie or whatever. but i would take that anyday over the drunk bogan fuelled day BDO seems like. and now those smallers fests are churning out incredible line ups, i think my hard earned money will be going towards those instead of BDO.

are you over 15?

Yes. We are trying at school to get a whole group of us to go down. How quick do the tickets usually sell out? My parents said no as well. what can i say to make them change their minds. They said no mainly on the reasons that their are a heap of drunk people, drugs and someone died their a couple of years ago.

^^

well about convincing your folks to let you go. it would be wise to take a few guys with you preferrably older than you (im guessing you're still in high school). i think 2010 like 09 wont attract too many of the "lad" types because of the line up. i guess you can try and convince them that you wont be jumping into the middle of the moshpit. but they've got quite a few strong reasons for you not going. its better for me, my parents think big day out is a rock band. hmm

about selling out? are you from melbourne? alex would know better than me but i dont think 2009 BDO sold out, so its even less likely this year will. before 09 sydney used to sell out in a couple of days, in 09 the initial allocation of 45 000 tix went in a few days then the remaining 10 000 tix were balloted off over afew weeks. i won the ballot several times but for personal reasons i couldnt go.

^^

well about convincing your folks to let you go. it would be wise to take a few guys with you preferrably older than you (im guessing you're still in high school). i think 2010 like 09 wont attract too many of the "lad" types because of the line up. i guess you can try and convince them that you wont be jumping into the middle of the moshpit. but they've got quite a few strong reasons for you not going. its better for me, my parents think big day out is a rock band. hmm

about selling out? are you from melbourne? alex would know better than me but i dont think 2009 BDO sold out, so its even less likely this year will. before 09 sydney used to sell out in a couple of days, in 09 the initial allocation of 45 000 tix went in a few days then the remaining 10 000 tix were balloted off over afew weeks. i won the ballot several times but for personal reasons i couldnt go.

I lol'd at the bit in bold. Yeah, Im still in high school. I wouldn't want to go anyway if there wasn't a big group of my friends going. Currently trying to organise an adult. I don't think i will be jumping around im the moshpit either. Im going to the sydney one also. thanks for the advice.

Hey guys, as for being worried, you shouldnt. There were no troubles in Melb last year that I saw, I dont know what its like in Sydney. You can still be outside the mosh pit of the main stage and get a good view of the bands.. Also there are 4 other minor stages where people don't really mosh, they're more intimate, I tended to prefer the artists at those last year. If you're going, I would encourage you to go with a group of mates.

^^

which in my humble opinion has produced a stronger line up than BDO. at least in terms of that brand of music. i'm really worried about the future of the BDO, you cant help but feel the line ups are becoming progessively weaker and weaker whilst all the other summer fests are getting better with every year.

just got a massive poster from the free street music mag i pick up weekly. its 2 metres long and 80cm wide. on one side you have a live shot of matt bellamy playing his red guitar and on the other side you have the official BDO 2010 poster w/lineup. looks awesome! but i kinda wish that they made this after the entire line up had been announced

second line up expected early november.

*sigh*

I doubt I'll be able to afford to go to this.

I really, really wanna see Muse headlining a festival.

They seem like such a great live band, especially with large crowds.

Hopefully they announce some sideshows which means I may be able to see them more than once.

Wouldn't mind seeing Eskimo Joe again either.

They were brilliant both times I saw them.