✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why aren't you successful?

Dfit00

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combination of things... right now it's:

1. I was arrested in Feb on a bogus charge, so I have that on my record still (I'm waiting for the solicitor to expunge it).

2. I'm terribly shy, unless I'm around people I already know or I have mutual friends with. I suppose you could call it social anxiety.

3. I'm sort of young. (23)

4. I don't know the right people (this ties in with #2)

But on the flipside, I've got a TON going for me:

1. I'm a (relatively) handsome white male. I'm gay, so that's the only area where I'm open to irrational societal prejudices. But it could definitely be worse.

2. I was born in America. As much as I rag on this country, it's still one of the better places to live in the world. Wouldn't mind having been born in Switzerland or Australia, but again, it could have been MUCH worse... like if I were born in Somalia or something.

3. It's the year 2009. Everyone here should thank their blessed stars they weren't born in the 1400's, or 2,000 BC. Seriously. I sort of wish I had been born in the year 3000, though, because I'm an optimist about the future. But who knows? Maybe this is the golden age of humanity and it's all downhill from here... I sure hope not.

4. I have lots of people who love me. I don't know if I could make it a day without my friends and family here.

5. I have a car, and a roof over my head.

So all in all, I think I'm in the perfect place to "launch" and be successful in life. Here's hoping I just don't blow it.

1. I was arrested in Feb on a bogus charge, so I have that on my record still (I'm waiting for the solicitor to expunge it).

2. I'm terribly shy, unless I'm around people I already know or I have mutual friends with. I suppose you could call it social anxiety.

1. I'm a (relatively) handsome white male. I'm gay, so that's the only area where I'm open to irrational societal prejudices. But it could definitely be worse.

2. I was born in America. As much as I rag on this country, it's still one of the better places to live in the world. Wouldn't mind having been born in Switzerland or Australia, but again, it could have been MUCH worse... like if I were born in Somalia or something.

3. It's the year 2009. Everyone here should thank their blessed stars they weren't born in the 1400's, or 2,000 BC. Seriously. I sort of wish I had been born in the year 3000, though, because I'm an optimist about the future. But who knows? Maybe this is the golden age of humanity and it's all downhill from here... I sure hope not.

4. I have lots of people who love me. I don't know if I could make it a day without my friends and family here.

So all in all, I think I'm in the perfect place to "launch" and be successful in life. Here's hoping I just don't blow it.

That is a very good response.

Maybe you're already "successful" but you haven't realised it yet.;)

Oh and I nearly forgot, I'm healthy. No wheelchair, cancer, birth defects, or mental illness.

That's a huge advantage considering how many drugs and medical expenses most people have. At the rate I'm going, though, my body will start to break down eventually... I need to exercise more and keep eating healthy.

Oh and I nearly forgot, I'm healthy. No wheelchair, cancer, birth defects, or mental illness.

That's a huge advantage considering how many drugs and medical expenses most people have. At the rate I'm going, though, my body will start to break down eventually... I need to exercise more and keep eating healthy.

All excellent points.:cool:

Indeed! :clap:

Many people believe that success is to have just fame and fortune, but in reality, the people who achieve this kind of success lack many other important things in life that are very influential, useful, and long lasting.

Spot on. Avarice is most definitely not a successful trait.;)