✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why aren't you successful?

Dfit00

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there's nothing ethically wrong with looking at things in different ways - but it's when you enforce your illogic using physical coercion, violence, or the threat of violence (extortion), that you run into problems.

This is praxeology. Your thoughts are your own - what matters are your actions. So what makes theft by a criminal with a gun different from theft by a government official (taxation)? Nothing, praxeologically speaking.

Well there's nothing ethically wrong with looking at things in different ways - but it's when you enforce your illogic using physical coercion, violence, or the threat of violence (extortion), that you run into problems.

This is praxeology. Your thoughts are your own - what matters are your actions. So what makes theft by a criminal with a gun different from theft by a government official (taxation)? Nothing, praxeologically speaking.

I agree. Except the government isn't a single person. They will most likely use it to build public infrastructure and develop laws. It still doesn't change the fact that it is theft but one can hope that in a ideal society, it would go to a worthwhile cause. However, this doesn't happen.

I agree. Except the government isn't a single person. They will most likely use it to build public infrastructure and develop laws. It still doesn't change the fact that it is theft but one can hope that in a ideal society, it would go to a worthwhile cause. However, this doesn't happen.

True, the government is a den of thieves and vipers, many of which are brainwashed into believing they work for the greatest charity of all time.

Of course, they're wrong. The theory that you can steal a little from some people in order to improve the lives of others is utilitarian. Even if it were true (which it's not) it's still wrong.

So if you tell me, "You must kill one person, in order to save the lives of two people", I would still refuse to kill - the ends do not justify the means, because praxeologically there is no distinction between means and ends. I am not an immoral person for refusing to kill one, in order to save two from accidental or other-inflicted death.

Most people don't get this, though, because they aren't taught philosophy correctly. So they go on living their lives believing in such things as moral "grey areas", because it helps the parasites in society to perpetuate this myth.

^@Jay: I assume Rick was talking to Mark.

Oh and I nearly forgot, I'm healthy. No wheelchair, cancer, birth defects, or mental illness.

That's a huge advantage considering how many drugs and medical expenses most people have. At the rate I'm going, though, my body will start to break down eventually... I need to exercise more and keep eating healthy.

From what I see from other people health is "underrated", so you make a very good point there.

Also, to answer the thread.

I am quite successful. Not in all fields but in the ones that I care about. I'm trying to improve something about myself every day, and I can see the results. I usually achieve my goals.

Your opinion on yourself is important.