✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sarah Palin vs. Family Guy

Pseudonym

Palin, daughter lash out at 'Family Guy' episode

videolthumb.9e17b2dda1688a23a46cfa8efa1cd201.jpg?x=213&y=160&xc=1&yc=1&wc=399&hc=300&q=85&sig=l5JnkvDLX.14tqlDc7a_7Q--

capt.9425c36ff8e447eca5a8e803a2b33140.nascar_daytona_500_auto_racing_dbr105.jpg?x=213&y=263&xc=1&yc=1&wc=332&hc=410&q=85&sig=O6rUMwZw.PUnv8D3ec6QoA-- AP – Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin speaks before the NASCAR Daytona 500 auto race at Daytona International …

Press Writer – Tue Feb 16, 9:05 pm ET

JUNEAU, Alaska – Sarah Palin is lashing out at the portrayal of a character with Down syndrome on the Fox animated comedy "Family Guy." In a Facebook posting headlined "Fox Hollywood — What a Disappointment," the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and current Fox News contributor said Sunday night's episode felt like "another kick in the gut." Palin's youngest son, Trig, has Down syndrome.

The episode features the character Chris falling for a girl with Down syndrome. On a date, he asks what her parents do.

She replies: "My dad's an accountant, and my mom is the former governor of Alaska."

Palin resigned as Alaska governor last summer.

Palin's oldest daughter, Bristol, also was quoted on her mother's Facebook page, calling the show's writers "heartless jerks."

"When you're the son or daughter of a public figure, you have to develop thick skin. My siblings and I all have that, but insults directed at our youngest brother hurt too much for us to remain silent," she is quoted as saying.

"If the writers of a particularly pathetic cartoon show thought they were being clever in mocking my brother and my family yesterday, they failed," Bristol Palin added in the Monday posting. "All they proved is that they're heartless jerks."

Palin wrote that she'd asked her daughter what she thought of the show and Bristol's reply was "a much more restrained and gracious statement than I want to make about an issue that begs the question: When is enough enough?"

This isn't the first time Palin has spoken out over an attack, real or perceived, on her family. Last year, she condemned a joke David Letterman made about her daughter, for which he later apologized.

A "Family Guy" publicist didn't immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.

So this got me thinking, if the creator of Family Guy (Seth MacFarlane) ran for president against Sarah Palin, I'm willing to bet MacFarlane would win. IMO, Palin needs to shut the hell up and learn that it's a comedy show and it makes fun of everyone.

So who would you vote for in an election between these two people completely unqualified to run our country?

I can't stand Palin... I hope she never becomes president... whenever she speaks it sounds like. she. is. reading. off. a teleprompter. She is definitely not even close to being qulified for president. I still wonder why did McCain ever pick her?

If the 2012 election comes to Palin vs. Obama, I'm voting for a third party.

I actually agree with that, but past seasons have been chalk full of comedy gold.

Sure, and back, maybe five years ago they had some great jabs at Bush, but nowadays when they say something grotesque and controversial, its like 'there, we said something controversial, maybe you'll read about it tomorrow...in the meantime, pause 20 seconds for this morbidly contrived, unfunny scene to finish, and you can start laughing again.'

South Park has an intelligence and connectivity that counterbalances most of family guy's major flaws, but like a guy in that episode you just mentioned, I enjoy the quick accessibility of family guy, particularly after a long day. Family Guy isn't overtly intelligent by any means, but many of the bits they've done have a simple distinct brilliance about them.

If you think Family Guy is "comedy gold" I am afraid sir, you are a moron.

That's either an opinion or libel. Which is it good sir?

South Park has an intelligence and connectivity that counterbalances most of family guy's major flaws, but like a guy in that episode you just mentioned, I enjoy the quick accessibility of family guy, particularly after a long day. Family Guy isn't overtly intelligent by any means, but many of the bits they've done have a simple distinct brilliance about them.

I've never really watched South Park.

‘Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’

Andrea Fay Friedman, who has Down syndrome, was a voice actor in a recent episode of “Family Guy” criticized by Sarah Palin.

Since it was shown on Sunday, an episode of the Fox animated comedy “Family Guy” has drawn the repeated condemnation of Sarah Palin, the former Republican governor of Alaska and 2008 vice-presidential nominee.

In the episode, the teenage character Chris dates a girl named Ellen, who has Down syndrome, and who tells him over dinner that her mother is “the former governor of Alaska.” Ms. Palin, whose son Trig also has Down syndrome, has said that the “Family Guy” show “really isn’t funny” and was the work of “cruel, cold-hearted people.” Ms. Palin’s daughter Bristol has written that the “Family Guy” writers were “mocking my brother and my family,” and called them “heartless jerks.”

One person who supports the “Family Guy” staff is Andrea Fay Friedman, the 39-year-old actor and public speaker who played Ellen in that episode. Like the character, Ms. Friedman also has Down syndrome.

In an e-mail message sent on Thursday to The New York Times, Ms. Friedman wrote:

I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line “I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska” was very funny. I think the word is “sarcasm.”

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life.

• 1 month later...

Everyone's face is unnecessary.

Hey Ya's a big moron, but at least his bump has brought to my attention the most retarded thread ever made, there's so many layers of how ridiculously stupid this is; the logic that because people would vote for McFarlane as president over Palin makes her opinion irrelevant, the fact that Palin was never even fucking running for president, the fact that Family Guy is 100% retarded, it just goes on.

And how they actually related down syndrome to Palin's kid who actually has down syndrome actually IS offensive. You can see where she's coming from.