✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The "Recovery" Continues Apace! Jobless Claims Rise, Inflation Surges

Saffire

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Consumer-confidence-falls-apf-3776797118.html?x=0&.v=11

A monthly poll showed consumers' confidence took a surprisingly sharp fall in February amid rising job worries. The decline ends three straight months of improvement and raises concerns about the economic recovery.

There it goes again! That damned economic recovery! :P

At best we'll be Japan...20 years of no growth with prospects of another depression with hyperinflation.

Yeah I find it a bit weird that everyone's decided now we're in a recovery. Seems a bit fast. It's not like prices of most things went down, and they're gonna go up again.

Prices goes up governments/central banks say there is no inflation. Prices go down on speculative assets and we're in "deflation" thus more money is printed, raising the cost of living. So we have deflation but never inflation if we listen to central banks.

Prices goes up governments/central banks say there is no inflation.

Hah, we've had that from our own government already, although they only said that inflation is not at extremely high levels although it is starting to be "worrying". Which is why I don't believe them, since I've seen the price rises myself.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/New-home-sales-hit-record-low-apf-2245141272.html?x=0&.v=1

However, economists are worried that if housing falters in coming months, that will be one more headwind the recovery will have to overcome.

Myes, it's just one more thing for that Recovery to deal with! :laugh3:

It's the equivalent of saying "This snow storm is so horrible... it's just one more headwind Santa Clause will have to overcome, on his flight around the world."

Anyway, heaven forbid home prices fall. We don't want any negroes moving into OUR neighborhood! Buying OUR cheap 3,000 square foot homes!

• 3 months later...
I just think it's hilarious how the media have been on this constant drum beat about a "recovery" that doesn't even exist.

are you saying my president is the media boss here?

according to him we've never been in economical crises but we are recovering from it. oh mystery of life explain us how it can be.

i think he must be seeing the economical statistics the wrong way and he must be daltonic, that may explain his economy mistakes a bit... [/ bad joke]

Darlene, it's the exact same over here in the states. It seems like governments everywhere are encouraging the media to claim we are in "recovery".

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/income/2010-05-24-income-shifts-from-private-sector_N.htm

And here we see government employees are getting more money, while private workers are making less... I think it is almost time for a revolution again...

Guest howyousawtheworld
I just think it's hilarious how the media have been on this constant drum beat about a "recovery" that doesn't even exist.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

There was a recovery for Government and the banks that got us into this mess. They're making out like bandits while the economy is getting worse.

i don't think they are the only ones to BLAME, i mean i think there are other stuff and authorities that got us into this mess.

i don't think they are the only ones to BLAME, i mean i think there are other stuff and authorities that got us into this mess.

Governments, banks and consumers.

It all starts at the central banks, those who create money and credit. The bubble is impossible without artificial credit creation and growing the money supply by the central banks. So really they're the biggest to blame. But central banks are tied deeply to government, so they're one in the same.