✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you afraid of?

Megalomania

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Death is the only sure thing in our lives.

Yeah, maybe some people just don't bother, since it's our constant. Some people care maybe because they're worried of dying in a painful manner, or maybe because they can't part with life.

Of course there's the painful part, but that's not what worries me as much. It's the fear of being non-existant. I guess it's just the fear that everything goes to black and stays that way forever or something. I know it doesn't makes sense or matter because once I die I won't be able to have any idea of what's going on and completely loose consciousness forever. I guess it's just that I find it difficult to wrap my head of dying and never regaining consciousness.

I do have some beliefs in life after death, but regardless if I believed fully or not it's still scary because no one knows what will happen.

That's by biggest fear, also I guess public speaking too.

ooops. sorry. "Death is nothing but the next adventure."

gosh i fail.

Of course there's the painful part, but that's not what worries me as much. It's the fear of being non-existant. I guess it's just the fear that everything goes to black and stays that way forever or something. I know it doesn't makes sense or matter because once I die I won't be able to have any idea of what's going on and completely loose consciousness forever. I guess it's just that I find it difficult to wrap my head of dying and never regaining consciousness.

I do have some beliefs in life after death, but regardless if I believed fully or not it's still scary because no one knows what will happen.

That's by biggest fear, also I guess public speaking too.

i suppose it's called faith; in believing what happens after death.

and i really admire that you can speak out your fear. i don't. lol.

well when it comes to death I like to talk to others about it because I'm sure it's a common fear and I guess it reassures me that other people have a similar fear. It's something that we all must experience so I guess that's what gives the connection.

I guess overall I really shouldn't be afraid of it because it's going to happen regardless of what I do (unlike other fears which you can probably just completely avoid).

I was thinking... about my previous post in this thread... My dad told me a while ago that he thought that when one fears death is because one isn't doing something right with their life. And so the fear of dying.

Could that be true? Or maybe is because one loves life too much?

Definitely. On both.

Because I think, if you're not doing all the things you want to do in your life, you still have those wishes left. And until you've fulfilled those wishes you don't feel ready to die.

I don't really understand the love for life though. Is it all the opportunities in life you love? Then you would definitely fear death.

Yes that, and also the feeling of having such a short time for an splendid thing called living. There's so much to do out there and so little time... Okay I'm out of this place now. :wacky:

well when it comes to death I like to talk to others about it because I'm sure it's a common fear and I guess it reassures me that other people have a similar fear. It's something that we all must experience so I guess that's what gives the connection.

I guess overall I really shouldn't be afraid of it because it's going to happen regardless of what I do (unlike other fears which you can probably just completely avoid).

oddly, i think fears are supposed to be conquered.

but i've never conquered mine

I don't really understand the love for life though. Is it all the opportunities in life you love? Then you would definitely fear death.

Aha!

Or something similar. There's just so much to experience in so many different ways... that makes you feel alive and not dust. Okay maybe I'm just feeling romantic right now. Not everything is great though. There's obviously a price to pay, you also have to suffer in life. Oh life is just weird.

^yeah in England they had this thing during the Cold War, something like a 4 Minute Warning that it would take 4 minutes for nuclear weapons to hit the country or something.

this is the song

[ame=

]
[/ame]

edit:

The four minute warning was a public alert system conceived by the British Government during the Cold War and operated between 1953 and 1992 when the system was dismantled after the cold war finished. The name derived from the approximate length of time from the point at which a Soviet nuclear missile attack against the United Kingdom could be confirmed and the impact of those missiles on their targets. The population was to be notified by means of air raid sirens, television and radio, and urged to seek cover immediately. In practice the warning would have been more likely three minutes or less.

• 2 weeks later...