✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you afraid of?

Megalomania

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and living alone and becoming one of those cat ladies.

I don't think I could live on my own. Especially not in a big house. I lived on my own for three weeks when I was in first year because everyone else went home for Easter. It was a nightmare! The fact that I lived in a student area and most of the houses in our street were empty certainly didn't help.

Today I had to call a university because they contacted me and I missed them. FIrst of all I was nervous about what they were going to say. But secondly (and most importantly) I have an anxiety about calling company's/important people/people I don't know on the phone, after I was finished my hand was literally shaking, I felt so pathetic.

Today I had to call a university because they contacted me and I missed them. FIrst of all I was nervous about what they were going to say. But secondly (and most importantly) I have an anxiety about calling company's/important people/people I don't know on the phone, after I was finished my hand was literally shaking, I felt so pathetic.

Me too! I get especially scared when I have to ask them to donate money or buy something :\

Nothing's wrong with us. :mean:

Unfortunately, there is. It's anxiety.

Not being able to talk to people on the phone? That ain't normal. I also don't like calling up companies or whatever, to the point where I put it off a bit, but that's mainly because I just can't be bothered talking to them and sorting everything out, not that I'm afraid of them.

I just don't understand, I guess.

Unfortunately, there is. It's anxiety.

Not being able to talk to people on the phone? That ain't normal. I also don't like calling up companies or whatever, to the point where I put it off a bit, but that's mainly because I just can't be bothered talking to them and sorting everything out, not that I'm afraid of them.

I just don't understand, I guess.

I dunno, I think mine is different to people who just don't like usiong the phone, I've been progressively getting better over the years, I've only recently started to actually engage conversation with people, before then I would just kinda sit back and let other people get on with it and before that I used to not be able to go to a shop by myself. For our Geography coursework at A Level we had to do surveys on the street, I finally got the courage up to ask someone if they'd be willing to help me with my coursework and they just walked straight past me ignoring me, I died a little inside that day.

I dunno, I think mine is different to people who just don't like usiong the phone, I've been progressively getting better over the years, I've only recently started to actually engage conversation with people, before then I would just kinda sit back and let other people get on with it and before that I used to not be able to go to a shop by myself. For our Geography coursework at A Level we had to do surveys on the street, I finally got the courage up to ask someone if they'd be willing to help me with my coursework and they just walked straight past me ignoring me, I died a little inside that day.

This. <ramble>

I dunno--I know, rationally, that the person that I'm talking to probably doesn't give a shit and won't remember me (and if they do, it's not a huge deal), but most of the time I can't think rationally in a social situation, mainly because I'm overthinking. "What if I said this? What if they don't say anything? I'm standing awkwardly aren't I?"

It's a huge pain when you have to think about every word and action and it doesn't come "naturally". But like everything, it gets easier with effective practice. Not the "omg i fucked up that was horrible i'm never gonna talk to someone again" type of practice.

I don't know if you feel the same way, but yeaaah. *shrug*

</ramble>