✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you afraid of?

Megalomania

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, there is. It's anxiety.

Not being able to talk to people on the phone? That ain't normal. I also don't like calling up companies or whatever, to the point where I put it off a bit, but that's mainly because I just can't be bothered talking to them and sorting everything out, not that I'm afraid of them.

I just don't understand, I guess.

It's because I'm shy. Though, the thing I hate much more than calling someone on the phone is leaving a message on the answering machine. :sick: I also get anxiety whenever I have to go somewhere where there are people I don't know. I just hate the awkwardness and try to avoid it. I guess it's not something you'd understand if you're not shy.

You're right I don't completely understand but it's not as if I've never known people who are shy, who worry about every social situation. I've known people who really had to work at it in different ways, what can feel like just a group of people hanging out can be a really stressful situation for one of them, I understand that.

But what I don't understand is that the shy people I have known and those who have told me their problem with social or group situations (Especially) is that they understand that it's not a big deal, that every word they say won't be secretly scrutinised or remembered for very long, but it doesn't change anything. I made a very cold and cruel post not too long ago about how annoying and selfish shy people can be, but I'll stick with it.

I guess you can look at it a few ways, but from personal experience shy people have turned out to be a bit selfish, always caring so much about how they are perceived, instead of caring about the people around then, it will eventually do that. Or maybe I'm selfish for not trying to understand something I can't relate to, eh. That's how I see it.

You're right I don't completely understand but it's not as if I've never known people who are shy, who worry about every social situation. I've known people who really had to work at it in different ways, what can feel like just a group of people hanging out can be a really stressful situation for one of them, I understand that.

But what I don't understand is that the shy people I have known and those who have told me their problem with social or group situations (Especially) is that they understand that it's not a big deal, that every word they say won't be secretly scrutinised or remembered for very long, but it doesn't change anything. I made a very cold and cruel post not too long ago about how annoying and selfish shy people can be, but I'll stick with it.

That's the thing--I might be speaking for myself here, but my rational mind always tells me "it's not big deal" but then in a social situation, anxiety tends to take over, barring rational thought.

The more relaxed I am, the more I don't give a fuck. For instance, it's a lot easier for me to socialize with a close friend nearby.

Are most people scared of death?

Obviously I don't want to die but the fact that I am going to die doesn't scare me at all, I just accept that it's going to happen.

I'd assume so, but I feel the same way as you do.

As long as it's unexpected, I don't give a crap. :laugh3: But I'd be PISSED if I was given a time frame (i.e. two months), because that leaves time for all that introspection and contemplation of death. Blargh.