✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Hardest Part

will16

I thoroughly dislike the album version -- it was a constant skipper for me. But I LOVE, truly LOVE, the live version. For me, there's a total disconnect with the LP version. Why would a sad breakup song, where someone is feeling so remorseful & sorrowful, be sung in such an upbeat fashion? It never made sense to me. But when I first heard the live version, the music finally supported the lyrics. Also, live, I love being able to hear Will harmonize. And as someone else said, the piano is beautiful.

i personally love that contrast between the lyrics and the music. :wacky:

Everything I know is wrong...

I also love the contrast between the music/lyrics on the LP. :D But again each version feels like a different song and I can appreciate them both for different reasons.

your totally right :D

Glad it did! I'm also writing a novel so I feel ya!! You can do it!!

As for the question, I guess it depends on my mood. I love both so much! Generally I'd have to say album version though. I would like for CP to consider playing it fully live because the current live version and the album version are basically like 2 different songs IMO if that makes sense.

did you have named your novel?

The album version is average but probably didn't deserve to be a single. It's also a weak song lyrically. Each band member has expressed that they prefer the piano version, however, and I'd have to agree wholeheartedly. They'll probably ditch it on the next tour, but it was nice to hear the song reworked into a more beautiful fashion.

The album version is average but probably didn't deserve to be a single. It's also a weak song lyrically. Each band member has expressed that they prefer the piano version, however, and I'd have to agree wholeheartedly. They'll probably ditch it on the next tour, but it was nice to hear the song reworked into a more beautiful fashion.

Well said.

Live version is absolutely amazing..

I don't know why, but I felt somehow the same as you.. that it turns out to be a different song because of the piano. And I love it.. it's sooo .. full of soul (L)

The Live/piano version is so much better than the album version.I very rarelly listen to the album version.The piano version work so much better.I don't know why.I really like Will's voice on it.