✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do energy drinks actually give you energy?

noonsun

I've only had two proper ones, the first time I was bouncing off the walls for an hour and then wanted to die for the next 5+ hours, then just now I chugged like a whole can to see what would happen and I feel somewhere in between regular and sleepier than when I started. From what I can tell about half my friends get actual energy before crashing after drinking coffee, etc, and half of them just want to go to sleep whenever they drink any caffiene at all.

SO what about YOU people?

Your system seems to quickly adjust to energy drinks. I used to do this door to door sales job and for some reason everyone drank loads of caffeine because you run around the streets getting sales, when I started I could have one can of Red Bull (250ml typically) then that went to two cans a few days later (To avoid crashing after an hour), then it went to a can of Red Bull with a can of Monster (500ml and it has bull semen in it hahaha) then another week later it was a whole litre of cheaper and more powerful stuff called Boost, then it went to two litres of even cheaper and slightly more powerful stuff called Red Rooster and after a month the caffeine pro plus pills were also on the go.

...And then I stopped with the caffeine :wreck:

One guy was going through litres of energy drink and a whole packet of pro plus just to stay stable. It kinda became like a joke after a while.

Your system seems to quickly adjust to energy drinks. I used to do this door to door sales job and for some reason everyone drank loads of caffeine because you run around the streets getting sales, when I started I could have one can of Red Bull (250ml typically) then that went to two cans a few days later (To avoid crashing after an hour), then it went to a can of Red Bull with a can of Monster (500ml and it has bull semen in it hahaha) then another week later it was a whole litre of cheaper and more powerful stuff called Boost, then it went to two litres of even cheaper and slightly more powerful stuff called Red Rooster and after a month the caffeine pro plus pills were also on the go.

...And then I stopped with the caffeine :wreck:

One guy was going through litres of energy drink and a whole packet of pro plus just to stay stable. It kinda became like a joke after a while.

That's pathetic. You are a sad little man.

Oh, I had three cups of creamy sugary coffee and that worked, but I think it was more the sugar than caffiene because it was a LOT of sugar that I put in those coffees.

Is coffees the plural of coffee? It sounds weird.

Sara's a bollocksface! :thinking:

proper jar of full strength coffee. Pour in as many spoonful shots as you want!

Ahh, now that's something I can't hack. I need a least decent coffee, the full strength stuff is horrific :disappointed:

Espresso is highly effective. I had two large Java Shakes (which is basically a chocolate shake with a full shot of espresso, and mine had whipped cream), and I was extremely wired for the next three or four hours. :drunk:

And then, of course, I crashed soon after that. :dozey:

I've had a Monster on two occasions. I had them last semester at my 12:30 class, and by the time Symphonic Band rehearsal came about (at 2:00), I was tired as all get out. It got worse at 4, when I had marching band practice. :freak:

1. It depends on the person. Some people's bodies absorb and use the caffeine and sugar in different ways than others.

2. It depends on your activity. For the most part if you drink an energy drink and then do nothing very engaging it will either do nothing or make you feel tired. If you drink an energy drink slowly over the course of a physically stressful activity it will give you a sustained energy. Bit it will also make you that much more tired after (the "crash").