✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Place the band in a sports team!

Long Live Life

Place the four members of the band into a sports team (obviously Phil would be the manager!)

My guess for a "Coldplay sport" would be footie (Jonny & Will) or cricket (Chris) but I'll start the ball rolling (or should that be bouncing :)) with

Rugby:

Chris - definitely the scrum half of the team. Not really the height (they're usually short) but his skinny build and live wire movements on the stage and bundle of energy and enthusiam all scream "scrum half" to me (the fast guy that's the centre of attention on a rugby pitch - getting the ball out of the scrums and passing it quickly onto the backs - a pivotal man on the team). Plus, every scrum half I've ever met is a chatterbox, a live wire and can talk and charm for England and loves being the centre of attention. Def Chris.

Jonny - given his footballing skills he may be more suited to be a back, but to me he looks more like a prop forward than a back. His combination of a quiet, softly-spoken personality but enjoying being "up front" would place him as a flanker in the scrum (it's the quiet ones you always have to watch).

Will- He looks like a prop forward and his stocky build suits that position. If ever Coldplay had a ready made bouncer, surely it'd be Will?

Guy - the athlete of the band, definitely a fast sprinter. His good looks and always turning out in pristine clothes definitely places him as a back - a wing three-quarter lets say. He likes to look good, he doesn't like getting dirty; he has the attention of all the girls (and some guys :) ) and he gets all the attention when he scores the try the others have set up for him. Def a winger!

Place the band in other sports....

Guy - the athlete of the band, definitely a fast sprinter. His good looks and always turning out in pristine clothes definitely places him as a back - a wing three-quarter lets say. He likes to look good, he doesn't like getting dirty; he has the attention of all the girls (and some guys ) and he gets all the attention when he scores the try the others have set up for him. Def a winger!

:lol::wacky::wink3:

Chris has a scrum half is a good idea! I agree totally with your description. Scrum-half have in general a lot of personnality. But Chris being CHris, I don't think he would have the dexterity to catch the ball :laugh3: But pranks on this pack, oh yeah definitively XD!

And Guy already prove that he can pull off the marathon outfit :D (remember the London Marathon a few years ago...)

Football:

Guy - Upfront - Hes got bundles of pace - A Michael Owen if you will? Definately give him half a chance and he'll take it! (Not just talking about the ladies) He would be the star of the team - the poster boy and come world cup year - any injury would dash any sucess for Scotland

Jonny - Centre Back - His quite personality would suit that of Michael Dawson of Spurs. He gets the Job done without much trouble. He is quite stocky so would definately have the strength to go toe to toe with the likes of Wayne Rooney and Didier Drogba

Chris - Now this is the hardest one but with all that Stamina and energy I would place him on the wing. - A Ji Sung Park sort of player - never gives up for the team and jumps and runs around all over the place - helps get the crowd going - He is also like Park due to his Popularity with the press (Park is the David Beckham of Korea - Massive over there)

Will - Now this was difficult as well because he is a big guy and would therefore be suited to centre back BUT i think you need someone of his brutal personality in the centre of the Park so i would say Centre Midfield - Hes no nonsense approach and never say die attitude would have the likes of Roy Keane and Patrick Viera begging for mercy. Never one to shy away from a tackle and let the referee no exactly what he thought of any decsion not going his way.

Just an opinion :)

I still think they would make a good curling team. They have the right number at least: four and an alternate.

But which one would be the skip?

Coldplay for curling? Which one's the curler and which one's the sweeper?

I can just see it now:

"I used to sweep the ice

Feel the fear in my enemies' eyes" :)

Chris has a scrum half is a good idea! I agree totally with your description. Scrum-half have in general a lot of personnality. But Chris being CHris, I don't think he would have the dexterity to catch the ball :laugh3: But pranks on this pack, oh yeah definitively XD!

And Guy already prove that he can pull off the marathon outfit :D (remember the London Marathon a few years ago...)

Most of the time scrum halfs (save from the lineout ball) don't have to catch the ball but have to retrieve it (from scrums) - from the floor, so Chris may be OK there!

Is Chris clumsy with balls? I thought he has good dexterity? (being a pianist)

Most of the time scrum halfs (save from the lineout ball) don't have to catch the ball but have to retrieve it (from scrums) - from the floor, so Chris may be OK there!

Yeah, I know but they still have during action phases to make interceptions (?) and passes... XD

Football:

Guy - Upfront - Hes got bundles of pace - A Michael Owen if you will? Definately give him half a chance and he'll take it! (Not just talking about the ladies) He would be the star of the team - the poster boy and come world cup year - any injury would dash any sucess for Scotland

Jonny - Centre Back - His quite personality would suit that of Michael Dawson of Spurs. He gets the Job done without much trouble. He is quite stocky so would definately have the strength to go toe to toe with the likes of Wayne Rooney and Didier Drogba

Chris - Now this is the hardest one but with all that Stamina and energy I would place him on the wing. - A Ji Sung Park sort of player - never gives up for the team and jumps and runs around all over the place - helps get the crowd going - He is also like Park due to his Popularity with the press (Park is the David Beckham of Korea - Massive over there)

Will - Now this was difficult as well because he is a big guy and would therefore be suited to centre back BUT i think you need someone of his brutal personality in the centre of the Park so i would say Centre Midfield - Hes no nonsense approach and never say die attitude would have the likes of Roy Keane and Patrick Viera begging for mercy. Never one to shy away from a tackle and let the referee no exactly what he thought of any decsion not going his way.

Just an opinion :)

My team would be called Bakery FC :D