✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay singer makes police plea

Mimixxx

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3173702.stm

Chris Martin is alleged to have broken a car windscreen

Coldplay singer Chris Martin has asked Australian police to drop a charge of malicious damage after allegedly attacking a photographer's car.

Martin, 26, was charged in July after allegedly breaking a windscreen with a rock after being photographed surfing.

He did not appear in court at Byron Bay, New South Wales, on Wednesday, when his lawyer, Megan Cusack, asked for the charge to be dropped.

Malicious damage carries a maximum sentence of five years in jail.

Martin had been surfing while staying at the Australian resort with Hollywood actress girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow.

Adjourned

But he accused photographer Jon Lister of taking pictures of him and police said and argument and the alleged attack ensued.

Magistrate Chris Bone adjourned the case until 21 November.

Since Coldplay rose to fame in 2000, Martin has struggled to keep his private life out of the public spotlight - especially after his relationship with Paltrow began.

According to reports in the US over the summer, the couple are expected to marry in the autumn.

The ceremony would take place in the Hamptons, the exclusive beachside resort near New York, at a property owned by director Steven Spielberg, a US newspaper said

:confused: He didn't turn up!!

Guest LiquidSky
That's cause he's here :) Actually I don't know...I think Gwyneth is going to be going to New York next... are they really getting married in the fall?

They might REALLY GET MARRIED, I HEARD ON THE MORNING NEWS!! :cry:

I agree it's getting boring wondering about their wedding I just don't care to think about it until it actually does happen. Gwynnie's doing a film with Anthony Hopkins and Jake Gyllenhaal, I can't wait to see that. Looks like she's getting some really good projects going.

Guest LiquidSky
Maybe it's another rumour too... :/

well if they said it on the morning news, it's because it is true...

they are not like the magazines that are always making things up :rolleyes:

Maybe it's another rumour too... :/

well if they said it on the morning news, it's because it is true...

they are not like the magazines that are always making things up :rolleyes:

Huuuuum, in that case, my dress is ready, my shoes are clean, my hat is in the box and my passport is in the bag...

*waits for Chris or Gwyn calling* :P