✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Dear Drinkers

Prince Myshkin

Question Dear drinkers...

A thought occurred to me today in that for the last 7 years of drinking alcohol I cannot remember the last time I drank for the love of drinking rather than the necessity of getting from sober to pissed.

I'm don't think its just me either, I think its the lifestyle drinkers have become accustomed to - higher booze prices, costs of wear, tear and repairs to the liver, less hours in the day to drink for no reason, queue's at the off license etc etc.

When was the last time you had a drink just because? Do you only drink because you need to? Has the enjoyment of drinking for drinking's sake gone?

(sorry guys, had to make my first parody thread and it seemed apt since i'm hungover)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whahahaha

well, I don't mainly drink to get pissed...I think I drink because others do it as well....I don't know....getting drunk is fun most of the time, but sometimes it can be really ewwwwwww....and I like beer and champagne and whine and stuff (spelling of these words...right?)....so it is a bit of both.

When I go to some pub with friends, I just get myself a cocktail cause they're good, and just one cause it's so expensive^^

Other than that, I don't drink cause I love the taste of alcohol :tongue:

I can drink cocktails, because usually you can't taste the alcohol!:P

I hate the actual drinking part. Well don't hate it. But I don't particularly enjoy it. Unless it's a fruity drink.

Love the being drunk part.

Well actually I enjoy the drinking part if there's a drinking game involved. King's cup <3

I don't even drink to get drunk, it's just a social thing, I ended up getting quite drunk last night though (I don't drink very often) It was my sister's birthday party and then I went out and met my friend for her birthday too.

Sounds like it was a binge!:rolleyes:

Erm, no. As I explained I don't drink very often so it goes to my head quite quickly, it was fun anyway, I had a great time with my friends and nobody got raped or accidentally killed someone, it was all harmless fun Mr. Cynical.

OK, keep your hair on!:P

I actually like the taste of some beverages like wine, tequila and of course cocktails. But I've never been wasted/drunk, I just drink because of social stuff and because I actually like some beverages. The truth is that most people I know get drunk because they are snobs.

I actually like the taste of some beverages like wine, tequila and of course cocktails. But I've never been wasted, I just drink because of social stuff and because I actually like some beverages. The truth is that most people I know get drunk because they are snobs.

Or knobs.:P

I generally drink just because, I like the taste of wine and some beers are really good... sometimes I drink cuz being a little drunk is kinda funny... I have never gotten wasted so I don't really know what being hungover feels like. Also I never drink outta home any kind of liquor, sounds kinda weird, but that's my own rule, probably I have it cuz I've seen girls doing things much too wrong when being drunk and it's just sad.

I don't feel very comfortable with the fact that the two topics on the top of The Lounge is "Dear Drinkers" and "Dear Drivers" :uhoh:

What would you prefer, then? Dear Serial Killers?:P

I generally drink just because, I like the taste of wine and some beers are really good... sometimes I drink cuz being a little drunk is kinda funny... I have never gotten wasted so I don't really know what being hungover feels like. Also I never drink outta home any kind of liquor, sounds kinda weird, but that's my own rule, probably I have it cuz I've seen girls doing things much too wrong when being drunk and it's just sad.

True. Especially in the UK.:stunned: