✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

are you working on a dream?

Gitta Rensolo

Or are you just a person who is either satisfied the way it is or just too lazy to start working on something?

I can't believe I've always been too lazy or probably too scared to start working on something ...I've done and reached a bunch of great things recently and it feels so good.

Like playing the piano...it's been my dream for more than 3 or 4 years now...and finally I made it...I bought a piano and I really want to try to find a teacher and just take that time to do it.

this is just a really slight example, but I guess these are the things that make you happy or at least happier than you were before.

So?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted to play guitar

I easily taught myself piano, I just worked myself up from the basics and used sheet notes I found online. But for guitar... I need a really good instructor. I couldn't teach myself that for my life.

I could teach myself playing the piano I think.....but I've always thought of applying at university to study music and I still do....and I don't think I'd be good enough for this even if the piano was just a minor subject...

the only problem is that my flat is too small for the piano so it is at home and I am at home only 3 days a week...and I think I would need some saxophone lessons again, because who knows what those people expect?

So, well.....will this work?

I'm going to university, but I really don't see that as working on a dream...

I've never really had any dreams that I can think of. I taught myself how to play the piano, but I just see that as something that's fun to do when I'm bored, not really something that was a big goal of mine.

i am sorta working on my dream

but im scared

because theres only so much of it thats in my power

and its quite nerve racking but .. personally... i dont think your life is a sucess unless you go after your dreams

i couldnt imagine a life not perusing mine

also couldnt imagine doing one thing for the rest of your life

thats what i hate about the idea of a "career" fuck that, i dont want to go to the same cubicle and do the same thing day in day out, Id rather die young and suddenly.

i want to farm alpacas! i want to be a roadie! write a book, be a wildlife photographer for Nat Geo, be a psychologist, Own an Music-themed ice cream parlor where all the treats have Song Names like "Sunday Bloody Sundae" or "Stairway to Seven Layers of Heaven Cake"

Most of all... before I die I want to thank Coldplay..face to face.. call it pathetic all you want because your in your shoes and im in mine

but when you see it then you'll understand.

I have the Buried Life Boys to thank for this thinking... they really opened up my eyes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRexWE9yBVA]YouTube- The New Buried Life Trailer[/ame] i watched every episode of this show ...and not just because they use Fix You in every title sequence... although i squealed the first time i heard it <3

i am sorta working on my dream

but im scared

because theres only so much of it thats in my power

and its quite nerve racking but .. personally... i dont think your life is a sucess unless you go after your dreams

i couldnt imagine a life not perusing mine

also couldnt imagine doing one thing for the rest of your life

thats what i hate about the idea of a "career" fuck that, i dont want to go to the same cubicle and do the same thing day in day out, Id rather die young and suddenly.

This is so true....to be honest I can't really imagine myself doing the same job my whole life...but I guess I will be doing it just like anybody else....a thing that annoys me about this world...many things are just too risky...and I think a lot about this stuff...sometimes I wish I could just stay away from work and say "fuck you" and do whatever I want to do...but my logical mind tells me "erm no":wacky:

if i be honest, i feel yet stuck.

i had plans that yet i can't achieve or if i do is very very slow, and one step delayed make delay the whole project i had.

do something 'new' is good sure it is, but not to be materialistic, most my plans are delayed due to no money. :whip: which makes me feel :( and so i become lazy... is a vicious cycle.

but i'm trying to change it. :) writing again, reading, looking for jobs.

btw i think you are right julia, most of the times we try to slow things -think we are not ready and so on- cause we do fear the success, we could say.

sometimes I think things just take too much time...I can be really impatient, because I want to be successful immediately...otherwise my motivation disappears...but this is a thing I slightly changed after I realised that putting much effort in something is definitely worth it...and that stop working on something you really want is really stupid and there is no point in it

This is so true....to be honest I can't really imagine myself doing the same job my whole life...but I guess I will be doing it just like anybody else....a thing that annoys me about this world...many things are just too risky...and I think a lot about this stuff...sometimes I wish I could just stay away from work and say "fuck you" and do whatever I want to do...but my logical mind tells me "erm no":wacky:

I know... unfortunately it takes money to accomplish your dreams (99% of the time) so people get stuck chasing after money so they can be financialy equipt to do what they want

but then sometimes they stay like that and forget to persue their dreams and just settle for a half life. Its sad to watch really.

as for the risks well if you never try then you'll never know :P

Filmmaker.

A lot of people have told me that it's impossible, because it's something of hollywood, so it's sort of a fame thing, and those kind of careers are sort of hard to succeed.

Even tho I do not want to be a filmmaker because it comes with some sort of fame, even tho director don't really get a lot of that recognition as actors, but some.

No, I've always wanted to work with art, but a lot of them were sort of bland, filmmaking is sort of all of the art careers into one, and storytelling to visual was always a pretty cool thing to me.

I don't want it for the money, I'd rather live in the sewer, than a job I do not like, that pays well.

I moved to a different country after I did my A Levels. It's kind of strange that I did this because I'm scared of everything. But I wasn't at the time. Probably because I was very unhappy where I was, so I felt like I had nothing to lose.

I haven't really done anything since.

I've always wanted to ride horses, and I'm starting my dream at least through a camp now. My first day was today. :blush:

I also want to become either a veterinarian or go into the field of psychology. To work on that I'm taking and working extra hard on my science courses.

I'm a good mix of being very practical and having not so out of this world dreams.

As far as education and a job goes, I know what course I want to do and it's one I can pretty much easily get a job with.

But going on to the things that I would count as dreams at the moment, I think becoming a college lecturer in a field of science would be amazing.

Oh and this is kind of a dream,

there is this really cute little cottage with a thatched roof, blue window frames and loads of roses in the garden. It's down by a beach I used to go to. I basically want it as a summer house :nice: oh and I need a cute bike to go with it, complete the whole look.

I don't have any major dreams....:\ just little goals. It seems like a lot of my friends have an idea of what they want to do with their lives and that kinda bugs me cuz I don't. :freak:

I'd love to travel, everywhere. :wacky: But I know it's not really possible because of the costs of things and such. :sad:

I don't have any major dreams....:\ just little goals. It seems like a lot of my friends have an idea of what they want to do with their lives and that kinda bugs me cuz I don't. :freak:

I'd love to travel, everywhere. :wacky: But I know it's not really possible because of the costs of things and such. :sad:

At your age you won't know what you want to do with your life.

I only sort of decided over the past few months what I wanted to do

and like your friends, I will probably change these dreams over time :nice:

You can do the second one though :wacko: go for that dream.

But I have to get an idea at some point. :disappointed: Especially for next year, I'll have to specialize all my classes. :freak:

Lulz, Anette can film me traveling and Alyssa can play the guitar in the background. xD

Filmmaker.

I'd rather live in the sewer, than a job I do not like, that pays well.

This!!!!

me too Anette!

you should read Into the Wild.