✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Muse Week. Totally. (Going On Right Now!)

Violet

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ That's completely fine, Kelly. :nice:

^ Well, given that we in this thread are hardcore Musers, we tend to think that pretty much every song they do is cool. :tongue:

OK, so is there anyone that can take B-Sides day Saturday? I'd do it, but I'm going to be in Houston then, so I can't. :\

I Only know some Muse songs Mebeez you can teach me what songs are cool of theres ?

Try listening to Sunburn, Bliss, New Born, Citizen Erased, Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Time is Running Out, Hysteria, Knights of Cydonia, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Take a Bow, Resistance, Uprising, and the Exogenesis Symphony. :nice:

And Violet, I can't. :disappointed:

what exactly is Muse Week and what does it entail? I'm seeing them in concert this coming Saturday... so, it'll be Muse week on my iPod :) - what do we have to do?

And for the record... for those of you who think Muse don't have enough material to run a week... let me just say, they have more b-sides and unreleased music than you would think! Die hard Musers know this... :) -Hullabaloo is one of my favorite under the radar Muse albums... such a different band back then! And to say that they haven't evolved? Bullocks! I am in no way comparing Muse to Radiohead or U2... they don't compare. I could never compare. AND might I add that all three bands are in my top 5 :)

Yes, Marisa. Yes we are. Carla is supposed to send me her "Showbiz" schpiel for evaluation before she posts it on the board. :nice: Yaaaaay. :wacky:

Berrywoman, to answer your question, what Muse Week is entailing is that starting tomorrow (October 18th) and going through Sunday (October 24th), there will be a thread posted about Muse's music by topic. The week will go as follows:

Oct. 18: "Showbiz"

Oct. 19: "Origin of Symmetry"

Oct. 20: "Absolution"

Oct. 21: "Black Holes and Revelations"

Oct. 22: "The Resistance"

Oct. 23: B-Sides Galore

Oct. 24: Live Music Day (HAARP, etc.)

The person scheduled to post that thread will write about the album and give their own personal views about it. It can include anything from YouTube clips to lists of their favorite tracks in order, among other things. This, in theory, will trigger a discussion about said album/music. This can also allow those who aren't that knowledgeable about Muse to get a deeper understanding of who they are and what they do.

Does this help? :D

Yes, Marisa. Yes we are. Carla is supposed to send me her "Showbiz" schpiel for evaluation before she posts it on the board. :nice: Yaaaaay. :wacky:

Berrywoman, to answer your question, what Muse Week is entailing is that starting tomorrow (October 18th) and going through Sunday (October 24th), there will be a thread posted about Muse's music by topic. The week will go as follows:

Oct. 18: "Showbiz"

Oct. 19: "Origin of Symmetry"

Oct. 20: "Absolution"

Oct. 21: "Black Holes and Revelations"

Oct. 22: "The Resistance"

Oct. 23: B-Sides Galore

Oct. 24: Live Music Day (HAARP, etc.)

The person scheduled to post that thread will write about the album and give their own personal views about it. It can include anything from YouTube clips to lists of their favorite tracks in order, among other things. This, in theory, will trigger a discussion about said album/music. This can also allow those who aren't that knowledgeable about Muse to get a deeper understanding of who they are and what they do.

Does this help? :D

hmm yes it does. But seems like an awful lot of dead threads if you ask me.... why not just keep the discussion in the 'Muse Thread'? - I know this is the World of Music forum.. but, it just seems a bit excessive in my opinion. Perhaps a visit to the Muse board would be helpful there... :)

I dunno.. just a suggestion. I love Muse and all.. but, I'm just trying to help keep the board tidy. As for the other bands... I haven't see the other 'weeks' themed threads.... but I will put my 2 cents in there as well...

I'm OOS right? :wacky:

Yep yep. :nice:

hmm yes it does. But seems like an awful lot of dead threads if you ask me.... why not just keep the discussion in the 'Muse Thread'? - I know this is the World of Music forum.. but, it just seems a bit excessive in my opinion. Perhaps a visit to the Muse board would be helpful there... :)

I dunno.. just a suggestion. I love Muse and all.. but, I'm just trying to help keep the board tidy. As for the other bands... I haven't see the other 'weeks' themed threads.... but I will put my 2 cents in there as well...

Well, I was just going by how Radiohead Week went. That's how they did it. If you like, I can put it all to a vote in here and see how we all want to do it.

I wasn't asking to put it to a vote lol I was 'stating' as a mod that it would clutter the forum... bombarding it then with Muse threads.... I wasn't around as much when the Radiohead one was done.... so, I can't speak on that one. :( I'm just saying, if perchance your thread gets moved or merged to the Muse thread but a vote of mods... don't be upset. Personally... I think it shoud remain contained in one thread.... not multiple threads.

Multiple 'one band' threads are saved for the respective band's forum. Have you seen the Coldplay section?? LOL yeah.. thats because its a Coldplay forum ;) lol -

The only problem with keeping it in the Muse thread is that only Muse fans are going to look there. One of the points of the week is to introduce new people to the band. :\

So maybe we make a separate thread for each day, like Radiohead did for their week, and then when it's over you or another mod could merge them all together? That way there would be less dead threads. :thinking:

It would mean only 7 threads, right?

That's how I understood it.

I suggested in the moderator's section to give each thread a pre-title: "MUSEWEEK", and the same tag.

Same would happen for the other artist weeks if none of the others mind. :)

After the artist week is over the "actual" thread can still be found via the index (and if there is no space between the artist name and the "week" it won't even come up in searches).

So it's a yes from me regarding a new thread for each day.

This way it gets some visibility on here but people who don't want to go in there can avoid the threads with the pre-title. :uhoh:

So yeah, like berrywoman said, we'll see.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that, guys. Lore told me about a week before that she couldn't do Day 6, and I never found a replacement. I was going to do Day 7 after Alina told me she couldn't do it, but my brother came home this weekend from college, and I wanted to spend time with him, so that didn't happen, either.

At any rate, I want to thank everyone for making Muse Week what it was. I'm glad you guys have been so receptive to it. This went much better than I could've expected. :nice: