✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Muse Week. Totally. (Going On Right Now!)

Violet

If Radiohead is gonna have a second week, and if U2 is getting one, I want Muse to have one, too. Therefore, I am making it so. I want to gather you beautiful Musers and make a week for them, because I know you guys are out there. I'll try my best to make sure it doesn't get in the way of the other weeks going on.

So, is there anyone other than me willing to undertake this? If so, lemme know.

Construction for Muse Week:

Day 1: "Showbiz"-Carla

Day 2: "Origin of Symmetry"-Marisa (In a telescope lens)

Day 3: "Absolution"-Violet (violetsparks)

Day 4: "Black Holes and Revelations"-Kelly (Hysteria)

Day 5: "The Resistance"-Christina (Showbiz)

Day 6: B-Sides Galore-OPEN

Day 7: Live DVD/Festivals/Music Day-Violet (violetsparks)

It'll probably take place sometime in mid-October. If you wish to participate, you can post in this thread or PM me. :)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I knew this was gonna happen. Every time I try to make a thread, it either gets bashed or it dies within 24 or 48 hours.

Look, I wasn't necessarily trying to be a copycat, OK? I wasn't trying to be annoying and make 100 bajillion week threads, because that is just silly. I just wanted this one. You could have just ignored the thread and let it go away if you didn't want to mess with it, instead of using profanities to show me exactly how much you dislike it.

See, I knew this was gonna happen. Every time I try to make a thread, it either gets bashed or it dies within 24 or 48 hours.

Look, I wasn't necessarily trying to be a copycat, OK? I wasn't trying to be annoying and make 100 bajillion week threads, because that is just silly. I just wanted this one. You could have just ignored the thread and let it go away if you didn't want to mess with it, instead of using profanities to show me exactly how much you dislike it.

No need to be offended, m'kay? ;) Tell ya what, since "Fuck no" was a bit harsh, I'll give you my reasons in a more civil manner, if you'd like:

A) Clutter. One dedicated week for a band is okay, two is pushing it, and three or more gets excessive.

B) Influence. The reason I think the Radiohead thread and potentially the U2 thread are okay is because of their influence. As awesome as Muse is, I don't think they've hit that influential point in their career.

C) Like I said, they can't even fill a full week yet. In a few years, then sure, I'd be up for it.

Don't think I'm gonna stop you from creating a Muse Week, but I can't say I'd be enthusiastic about the idea.

Wait, you're up for it, Rudz? :cheesy:

Yeah, but I'm not sure what all these WEEKS are all about. I just agreed with it because I love Muse, and I'm sure if I know how it works I think I would like to join. :)

A) Not vaild. U2 Week is fine and all, but with their vast amount of discography, they're going to end up overtaking the WoM. As for Radiohead Week, it's been done before. Not that I mind it happening again, as I'm participating, but I don't know how in the world I'm going to top Bernard's take on HTTT. I honestly don't.

B) I disagree, but that's probably the fangirl in me talking. I know that for me personally, Muse have influenced me greatly. People will argue about Radiohead, but the truth is, I didn't even know about them until after I joined the forum.

C) I am working on that. :tongue: It may not even be a full week. It may be a Monday to Friday thing, which I certainly don't have a problem with.

At any rate, I can't do Muse Week if there aren't enough people for it, and so far, it seems like maybe it won't happen.

See, I mentioned that in the first post. I want to work with whoever is organizing Radiohead Week and U2 Week and make sure they don't get crammed into each other. I know Sara is doing Radiohead Week. Isn't it howyousawtheworld doing U2 Week?

OK, well, since Radiohead and U2 Week were there first, I'll let them figure out when they're doing their weeks, and I can use those dates to determine when Muse Week will happen.

In the meantime, I'll make preparations for it by pairing people with albums, as well as studying HTTT in-depth for Radiohead Week. :P

I really like this idea :wacky::wacky:

Oh heyyyyy, Marisa. You just got through saying what I wanted to say.

Great minds think alike :D

I think as long as we organize the weeks so they don't overlap it would be a fantastic idea.

Muse is a really popular band on this forum and I think it would be successful.

THIS

Beatles Week in particular would be ragingly popular here. They have like 3430498 albums though.

Agreed!