✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Oh No, my Egg Card Account has been blocked! - Fishy

Black Rose

Just had this email...

To ensure your protection, we've now blocked access to your accounts. You now need to re-set your security.

You won't be able to gain access to your accounts until you've done this.

To re-set your security please use the hyperlink below

http://new.egg.com/customer/inbox

As this e-mail is an automated message, we can't reply to any e-mails sent by return.

Email Reference : 175903310

But then I remembered I don't have an Egg Card so why would my Egg Card account be blocked?

I love phishing emails :lol:

Mmmm Cadbury's Creme Eggs....(Sorry that's what this reminds me of)

I once got a voucher for $50 dollars to spend in my Itunes account. I didn't believe it but being the stupid person that I am I opened the link to check it in case and it turned out be a trojan, my anti-virus software stopped me just in time. :sweatdrop:

I keep getting emails saying that my HSBC online account has been suspended due to suspicious activity...

... O'Really?

Halifax has recently changed their log-in system, so they posted a leaflet out to all account holders with online access as well as sending an email.

Watch out for fake facebook emails as well, I've noticed a few of them, "you have a new message, please log-in below to access it" with a link to a dodgy website which harvest your details & properly puts dodgy-stuff on your computer

Watch out for fake facebook emails as well, I've noticed a few of them, "you have a new message, please log-in below to access it" with a link to a dodgy website which harvest your details & properly puts dodgy-stuff on your computer

Yeah, I got one of those the other day. Good thing I knew right away it was fake.

• 1 month later...
DEAR CUSTOMER,

This e-mail has been sent to you by HSBC Bank to inform you that we were unable to process

your online banking account profile. This might be due to a recent change in your personal

information. (eg: billing address, phone)

we request you to confirm and update your account information today here

Regards,

HSBC Billing Department

How about no :P

At least Gmail picked it up as phising

i've been getting loads recently.

some of my favourites

"I have gone through your payment file as directed by the Presidency/Holding Bank, and seen that it is 100% impossible for your money to be released due to some irregularities detected in your file."

"We wish to notify you again that you were listed as a Heir to the total sum of (Three Million Six Hundred Thousand British Pounds) in the codicil and last testament of our deceased client. Name now withheld since this is our second letter to you. "

"Your information appears on my desk two days ago Through (FMF) Federal Ministry of Finance,that you are among people approved to be paid sum of USD$800,000.00 Signed by the President of Nigeria for compensation,Based on the outcome of the resolution, joint accord was reached by the United Nations (UN) United States of America Government (USA), British Government, and International Monetary Fund (IMF),to pay concerned beneficiaries.

You are advice to fill your information below for the approval document which will guild you receiving your funds from the paying bank with out any delay."

"It is my humble pleasure and trust, I write this very important letter to you, considering you are capable and kind enough to assist me in this understated business proposal. I am just trying to know if you can be of help, irrespective of the fact that we didn't know each other before or have met for the first time in life. I came across your contact via internet search as you know in my earnest searching for a truthful / honest person to handle this business with me.

Firstly, I must solicit your strictest confidentiality in this business; this is by virtue of its nature as being top secret and confidential. I am Barr Desmond Rupert O. The General Manager of Diamond Mining Corporation, Trans-Ekulu. I know that a business of this magnitude will make someone whom you didn't know for the first time to feel apprehensive, but be assured that all will be well with every involved person at the end of this profitable venture as it is risk free. "

I've read A Little Princess, I know what happens to people who invest in diamond mines :lol:

"It is obvious that you have not received your fund which is to the tune of $5.5million due to past corrupt Government Officials who almost held the fund to themselves for their selfish reason and some individuals who have taken advantage of your fund all in an attempt to swindle your fund which has led to so many losses from your end and unnecessary delay in the receipt of your fund. The National Central Bureau of Interpol enhanced by the United Nations and Federal Bureau of Investigation have successfully passed a mandate to the current president of Nigeria his Excellency Dr. Goodluck E. Jonathan to boost the exercise of clearing all foreign debts owed to you and other individuals/contractors and organizations who have been found not to have receive their Contract/Lottery/Merit Fund/Inheritance and the likes. "

• 2 weeks later...
anyone had any really good "speling" mistakes in their bank spam?

No, but I had a good one yesterday. It said it was from Lloyds in the subject line "Your Lloyds account access has been suspended", but the body it went on about a HSBC account and to top it off the crap at the bottom of the page said it was Cahoot whom sent it!