✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is it about????

alwaysyellow

Hi guys!!!

I've always wanted to know what Clocks is about and I've heard all kinds of crap about it.... that it's about love, about a love that's gone, about time passing by, about death... and I never got to a conclusion... please help me!!! So, what's the real meaning of it????

You know, I really don't know what this song is about, but it was interesting because I was recently reading this thing on mtv.com..

Like most songs on A Rush of Blood to the Head, "Clocks" is about love gone awry. But the self-pitying is far from cliché, and right before the chorus, vocalist Chris Martin sings the tune's most pointed line, "Come out upon my seas, curse missed opportunities/ Am I a part of the cure, or am I part of the disease."

"I reckon everybody in the world questions whether they're useful to the world or not," said Martin. "Some people think they're doing marvelous things. Hitler thought he was doing great things for the world, and yet we'd all say, 'No, no, no, he was doing terrible things.' Some people would say that Coldplay is a great thing for music and the world. Other people would regard us as the devil incarnate, so of course it's always a conflict."

Guest LiquidSky

I don't know about you guys but the song "Clocks" reminds me of Halloween.... 'cause of the piano tune.... they sound so similar.....