✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Childhood Favourites

Guest howyousawtheworld

Guest howyousawtheworld

So I was youtube recently and on the main page I noticed an old fave of mine as a kid, Thomas the Tank Engine, listed as one of the 'Spotlight videos'. So I decided to click on it just to recapture why I loved this programme so much. I wish I hadn't. It was awfull. Thomas was now captured in awful CGI and the voices were terrible. Gone was that sweet little theme tune replaced by some tune that could only be described as dire. My childhood had been shat on raped and teabagged by the producers of HIT Entertainment (the ****s who have destroyed every British childhood classic). It really was THAT bad. That is what kids tv has become! I hope Ringo Starr is fuming!

Which got me thinking - what programmes as a child did you dote on and weren't they so much better when we were young?

p.s the best video of Thomas The Tank Engine I can get (the Ringo Starr ones) is this crudely edited youtube poop version. Honestly....

http://www.youtube.com/user/WTLNetwork#p/u/45/s_zpsIg519I

Guest howyousawtheworld
I didnt watch mutch TV as a kid

I usually spent my time listening to the radio my dad left in the attic.

Radio left in the attic?

funny you mention Thomas the Tank Engine. My dad was watching Bob Ross and afterwards TTTE came on. It was so strange to see it as a CGI. I felt that it sort of took away the novelty of the show.

back to your original question I used to watch all of the old "classic" Nickelodeon shows (Salute Your Shorts, All That, GUTS, Double Dare, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, etc). Also I watched kid shows like Fred Penner, The Elephant Show and that's mostly it.

I do feel that as a kid those shows were so amazing but watching them now, they are kind of really bad. I think I enjoy the nostalgic aspect of the shows and liked seeing them again now. However I feel I want to stray away from watching all of those old shows because I don't want my current impressions to distort what I thought of them as a kid and somewhat kill a bit of my childhood.

YES!

I have a channel on my tv that sometimes plays episodes

...I also bought a dvd of like the first season :D

I remember the episode where his appendix was removed and he took the appendix to an amusement park :lol:

I also loved rugrats. Nickelodeon was amazing, I loved Pete & Pete and Clarissa explains it all

Radio left in the attic?

well......yes?

is there something wrong withthat?

i liked listening to the radio when i was little

and we had a big old boom box in the attic and i would go listen to it.

The location was perfect reception and couldnt hear it in the rest of the house

which meant i could play it any time of the morning or night <3

Oggy and the Cockroaches. :uhoh:

I don't really remember, I have a bad memory.

I remember X-Files tho, the one where the boy could paint pictures and he painted one where the woman's eyes started bleeding.

When I went to junior school, it was One Tree Hill, Alias and Invasion, those stuff. :lol:

We interrupt this program to bring you...Courage the Cowardly Dog Show, starring Courage, the cowardly dog! Abandoned as a pup, he was found by Muriel, who lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, Eustace Bagge. But creepy stuff happens in Nowhere. It's up to Courage to save his new home!

i loved that show :wacky:

Guest howyousawtheworld
OMG, my brothers and I used to LOVE "Thomas the Tank Engine." We had a lot of the toys and everything, and this was back when they were metal and not two-bit plastic. Percy was my favorite. :blush:

I loved the original episodes narrated by Ringo Starr. They were actually immense.

Also couldn't get enough of Postman Pat (old one obviously) and Fireman Sam (old one obviously again!)

The Magic School Bus.

And of course PBS.

hannah barbera, looney tunes, where is carmen san diego, arthur, the magic school bus, recess.

Those.

I loved the original episodes narrated by Ringo Starr. They were actually immense.

Yeah, I liked those a lot. We actually have this book of an anthology of "Thomas the Tank Engine" stories somewhere. It's pretty sweet.