✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Tracklist?

csiew88

The oracle confirmed that Famous old Painters would not be on the album because it was part of the Viva era

March 21, 2011 - submitted by Spencer, United States of America

Q. Dear Oracle, Is Famous Old Painters still being considered for the new [LP5] album? It sounds like it could be a great song. Thanks!

The Oracle Replies:

Still? It has never been considered for the next album. The last one yes, but the Viva era is over... All the tracks will be new to me and you.

The oracle confirmed that Famous old Painters would not be on the album because it was part of the Viva era

March 21, 2011 - submitted by Spencer, United States of America

Q. Dear Oracle, Is Famous Old Painters still being considered for the new [LP5] album? It sounds like it could be a great song. Thanks!

The Oracle Replies:

Still? It has never been considered for the next album. The last one yes, but the Viva era is over... All the tracks will be new to me and you.

THAT'S ME, SPENCER!!! :)

surprise?

What if the band decides to surprise us all and put entirely new never been heard of tracks on the new album? Knowing all the tracks in advance would be a spoiler of the album that Chris Martin himself has called, the band's "masterpiece."

I agree with you vivalajordan. I think that only one or two songs played this summer will be on LP5 (Princess of China in my opinion plus Charlie Brown or HLH).

The others probably are B-sides or will be released in a special edition of the album as "festivals bonus tracks".

I have a few songs that I NEED to be on the album because if I don't hear them I'm going to go nuts:

Love In A Lethal Dose (this is such a cool name. I'm guessing it will start off with a soft piano and then gradually build throughout the song. Jonny will have an epic riff.)

Princess of China ('nuff said)

Arabesque (again, a really cool name. I imagine that it will be similar to Yes, with no riff repeated as in normal songs)

Space Symphony (I'm guessing that this became Moving to Mars, but if it hasn't then it's going to be a synth-y space song with nothing but strings and Chris's piano. The lyrics will resemble something from the X&Y era)

I'm really sure that Major Minus, Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown and Us against the world (and PoC) will be on LP5.

Chris said some words at Glasto about the new songs just before the beginning of Major Minus ("One day these songs will be your favorites...") or about Us against the world: "This song will be really famous...maybe". So I guess that these songs will be on LP5, besides Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown which are just great songs which can't be B-Sides.

I have a few songs that I NEED to be on the album because if I don't hear them I'm going to go nuts:

Love In A Lethal Dose (this is such a cool name. I'm guessing it will start off with a soft piano and then gradually build throughout the song. Jonny will have an epic riff.)

I've seen this title recently. Where did it come from?

I wouldn't mind this.

MX

Hurts Like Heaven

Princess of China

Charlie Brown

1001-1

Love In A Lethal Dose

Spainish Rain

Us Against the World

Space Symphony

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall

I think they should keep it short. Either way it will be their best. :deal2:

• 2 weeks later...

MX / Hurts Like Heaven

U.F.O.

Love In A Lethal Dose

Voodoo

Princess of China

Arabesque / Don Quixote

Us Against the World

Charlie Brown / Car Kids

Under One Roof

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

--Hidden Track: Unknown Frequencies (PKA Alien Radio)--

.. I think I may have just made the actual the tracklisting... :D

MX / Hurts Like Heaven

U.F.O.

Love In A Lethal Dose

Voodoo

Princess of China

Arabesque / Don Quixote

Us Against the World

Charlie Brown / Car Kids

Under One Roof

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

--Hidden Track: Unknown Frequencies (PKA Alien Radio)--

.. I think I may have just made the actual the tracklisting... :D

Sounds very real...

but this seems a bit more realistic:

MX / Hurts Like Heaven

U.F.O

Love In A Lethal Dose

Princess Of China

Us Against The World

Charlie Brown

Under One Roof

Don't Let It Break Your Heart / Alien Radio

I'm really sure that Major Minus, Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown and Us against the world (and PoC) will be on LP5.

Chris said some words at Glasto about the new songs just before the beginning of Major Minus ("One day these songs will be your favorites...") or about Us against the world: "This song will be really famous...maybe". So I guess that these songs will be on LP5, besides Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown which are just great songs which can't be B-Sides.

I've been reading a lot about chris saying "these" songs will be your favorites one day but as I recall, he stated before one song that that particular song will be one of our favorites. I do not recall the exact quote and I may very well have missed him saying they all will. I feel like someone down the line has "misremembered" what chris said and caused a chain reaction of speculation as to what he meant (whether the songs would be on the album or not?)...we'll just have to wait and see won't we?

Later on last year and earlier this year I thought they were going to go through a more...(very hard to describe) mellow, classy, well-dressed, 1940's esque phase. Judging by the waistcoats, tidy hair, violin bass and the very natural, clean and acoustic sounding songs and honestly...I would have preferred that to what we've got now. Not to say I don't like this, it's just that I'd have preferred something a bit less...colourful. (Oh and this is NOT implying I liked christmas lights, I HATED christmas lights).

I've just got to say, you do realise that he may be making a joke? For instance, I always make the joke to friends listening to a new song of mine that "you'll soon be singing along to this one when I'm headlining the pyramid stage at Glastonbury".

I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure it's a distinctly British trait to over-exaggerate something with an ironic undertone to it, because to me, that's exactly what's going on in that quote.

• 2 weeks later...
1. MX

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Great Expectations*

4. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

5. Major Minus

6. DLIBYH

7. Love In A Lethal Dose

8. Charlie Brown

9. Us Against The World

10. Alien Radio

11. Moving To Mars

12. Arabesque*

13. Princess Of China

14. It Was A Wonderful Day

Longer than the usual, I wouldn't put it past them to do it. 14 is generally a good number for albums. :) * - If not the one already listed, then probably a brand new song.

What does "DLIBYH" stand for??? :inquisitive:

Let's see:

COLDPLAY

MAJOR MINUS MEDIA (xD)

Charlie Brown

Lucky Sevens / Wondering Star

Major Minus

Us Against The World

Hurts Like Heaven

Harbringers Of Doom

Aiko

Alien Radio

Space Symphony / Harmony

Princess Of China

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Most likely tracklisting I've seen yet ;)

• 3 months later...

LP6?!

LP6!!! Here's my guess... I think it's going to be a short album...

1. Voodoo
  2. Great Expectations
  3. Car Kids
  4. Drunks And Guns
  5. Wedding Bells
  6. Love In A Lethal Dose
  7. Wondering Star
  8. If I Ever Fall In Love Again
  9. Arabesque
  10. Under One Roof

*Instrumental interlude