✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I don't like the new people here

sarah**

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay is starting to get more airplay and more popular. Therefore more people are going to check out the message boards.
I agree :D

I have also been on other forums where newbies are welcomed with open arms and are almost immediately a part of the community.

I guess I just don't understand the whole hating of the newbie thing...I guess it sounds lame, but I love meeting new people, hearing thier experiences. This will sound even lamer, but I love it when a newbie comes along and will say something like "I just heard [insert video, song, whatever here] for the first time and it is sooooo amazing." It may be old news to me, however, I can remember feeling those same initial feelings way back "in the day."

Think of it this way....we all have one thing in common...a love for Coldplay...let's build on that.

well SAID :shock: :lol:

i dont think anyone nasty has joined the board - i could count the amount of heated thread since it opened on about 2-3 fingers which is gr8 :D

i agree in some way that the intimacy has been lost - but then that is unfortunatly innevitable and its just up to each individual to keep those he / she likes most close to them through regular contact

i enjoy the variety of input and opinions from the new members, and while in some ways it doesn't feel as familiar as it used to - its still just as friendly so i cant complain

i love you all

*group hug*

Si x :D

A small messageboard doesn't fit well with a growing site... its inevitable that this place will get bigger than it is now... and I will do my best to keep on top of things. I enjoy the new people who come here, I don't even mind the "Chris is dating ???? this week" threads that the other board seems to abhor. As it says at the top, this is a community and will remain so no matter how many members there are. If there's any trouble with such people as we see ruining the other place then rest assured that it will be dealt with as I see fit. I don't envisage anything that bad here anyway. And you are all great, you should all be proud of how friendly you've made this place :)

I'm new here ........ and I've try to be nice and write as clear as posible.

I agree with Mrs. Whats.......... when you were new here noone told you " We don't want new persons here"...... If you don't want me to post here, fine, I won't doit, but really it's not fair to have the community "open" and then when you post or somenthing the ppl here tell you " We don't want you". It's not my fault live here, where everything is a step back... I mean Coldplay cd was release here like 3 month later. It's not my fault live in the last place on earth. I always feel bad with myself because I was born when "good music" was over. I grow up listening on the radio pop music, wich I hate it, only at home I can listen good music, then no one make concerts here, half of the bands I like are dead and the other half probably will never come here...... I'm not as luck as some of you that live in the UK, Canada, USA, France, Germany, etc...... you have the opportunity to watch them, listen their music on the radio, etc.......

So please..... could you give an opportunity - For been part of the Community - Coldplay is one of the few bands that makes me think music is not lost .............

hi Sternly :)

welcome to the family - please stick around - its nice to hear someone with similar feelings about music - i'm forever searching for real music nowdays too - please keep giving and you'll always get back in return

lets remember why we are here peeps

WE ALL LOVE MUSIC - ESPECIALLY COLDPLAY

rock on :D

Sorry I don't.

:shrug:

i remember making an entry about the new people on the board. Did you read it sarah? haha i think it was before christmas though, and since then there have been tons more new people :o

im just fearing that it will turn into the other board. :( not that theirs anything wrong with it. i guess that its just too crowded. i remember when it wasnt. then i remember when this one started. :-o but yall are a cozy bunch. just .. dont "be like the other messageboard"

Sorry but all of this has completely gone over my head. I actually think all the proper new people are pretty quiet. I still think im pretty new so I am not gonna go all 'yes back in the day' crap cos that pisses me off aswell. Peeps! Be happy enjoy yourself! Love ya all!!!!!!!!!

Madge :D

xxxxxxxx

Just to set things straight - it's not as if I don't like all the newbies here... How could I say that - I don't even know you guys?! And of course everybody is welcome here and should enjoy him- or herself... It's just a pity it's so hard to keep up with all those new threads and posts and I'm a bit sorry about that. It's all too fast in my opinion. But I might get used to that later on... We'll see! 8)

Just to set things straight - it's not as if I don't like all the newbies here... How could I say that - I don't even know you guys?! And of course everybody is welcome here and should enjoy him- or herself... It's just a pity it's so hard to keep up with all those new threads and posts and I'm a bit sorry about that. It's all too fast in my opinion. But I might get used to that later on... We'll see! 8)

*huggles kat*

You'll always be me fave. :D

and everyone else. peace. :D

No matter what happens A Rush Of Blood To The Head is still a wicked track :P :D :D ;)

No matter what happens A Rush Of Blood To The Head is still a wicked track :P :D :D ;)

hahahahaha. :D :D

by the way i have just read what i wrote and i have no idea what im talking about. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

*huggles kat*

You'll always be me fave. :D

and everyone else. peace. :D

Awww, you are soooo sweet, Madge! :D *huggles Madge back* Love ya!!

What was that about, Ian?? Do you wanna abandon me now...?! :shock:

What was that about, Ian?? Do you wanna abandon me now...?! :shock:

lol no, I meant I do believe its our fave coldplay track (besides Don't Panic and Spies that is) ;) :D

I really appreciate everyone's opinion. I am just going to expand on what I meant by this thread.

First of all I don't hate any of the newbies, and I was once a newbie and might even still be considered a newbie by some. My point is that it was once a smaller community and not that it's such a bad thing that it's getting bigger, it's just a lot less personal now and off-topic. It's just I feel as if at one point everyone had something positive to contribute to this board and had something to say and now I feel as if people come on with nothing positive to contribute and especially people who only kinda like Coldplay (And I am not saying everyone that comes here has to be obsessed with Coldplay, just an appreciation for them) I hope that all the newbies keep posting and aren't afraid now because of this thread. And the absolute last thing I want is for this forum to turn into the official one. They could eat you alive.

Basically after reading my previous poorly organized paragraph I want to say that all newbies are welcome and I don't hate them at all (for the most part ;)). It's just I feel most people are just making pointless posts or threads just to increase their post count. Off the top of my head the only person that comes to mind that posts a lot but always has something good to contribute is Ginger. And Maria I don't think you are a newbie at all.

And I also want to say that I like how this thread didn't turn into an evil fighting thread and everyone made their point without bashing someone else which is very admirable. If some thread like this would happen in the official board it would become really nasty. Thanks :)