✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First, last, or somewhere in-between?

NumbersGirl

If you were one of the miners being rescued in Chile, when would you want to come out?

Would you want to be the first? The very last one? Somewhere in the first half or the group, or the last half?

When would you want to come out... and more important, give reasons for your choice.

It would depend on my health. If my health was poor I would presume going first would be a good idea. If everybody was of equal health, mentally and physically then second. I wouldn't want to be the first in case there were obvious problems (yes, I am selfish and would want somebody else to go first) and I wouldn't want to be last because I would want out as soon as possible and the longer it goes on the greater the chance there will be complications.

To be honest it is not something I would push for. I'd just end up going whenever.

Funny, because I was thinking about it.

I would not like to be among the first ones, because those frail and ill should certainly come up to the surface as some of the first ones. And I would also like the ones with children to go up before me. Nor would I like to be among the last ones - in case something went wrong - that the rescue capsule could not continue due to tear or something.

The last one coming up will be entered into Guinness, Book of Records for having spent most time ever underground. I would not like all the media attention involved so definitely not up as the last one.

I would like to get up to the surface as no.18 or later up to no. 30.

I don't really know ... I think it depends on how reasonably you are. Are you selfish and want to be the first no matter if there are people being in poorer health than you or do you accept that you get rescued eventually when it's your time.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be the first.

I definitely would not want to be first. Don't want to be the guinea pig.

Ideally I would like to go shortly after that though. Maybe the fifth person or something. Enough people would be ahead of me to know that the rescue device worked okay, yet it hasn't had too much wear and tear (in case it fails at some point).

My second choice, if I couldn't go toward the beginning, would be very last. Not because it would be a World Record (that's a cheesy reason, in my opinion). I think it would be an incredible feeling after all that time being with so many people down there, to just be by myself for a few moments and reflect on the entire experience.

Guest howyousawtheworld

If I was more than healthy then I don't think I could care less when I get rescued. As long as I got out sometime soon!

I doubt I would push for going any spot in line, but frail/sick/whatevah first, obviously. I wouldn't mind going close to last, really. They all got out within like one day. After over 2 months an extra half a day would be nothing.

This is ignoring the potential of complications with the equipment though, maybe I trust engineers too much but that didn't spring to mind until I read through this thread.