✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Feminism!

Arwen Evenstar

Let's get this straight, if you believe in equal rights between men and women you are a feminist.

What does piss me off is psychoanalytic feminist theory, where absolutely everything in the world is objectifying women and reminding us of men's stronghold on society. Also, some notable feminists in the media like Pam Greer just annoy the shit out of me.

When asked if Cheryl Cole is the modern day feminist, she said no because Cheryl's too skinny? Shouldn't the modern day feminist be respected for success and strength instead of judged purely on their appearance?

Let's get this straight, if you believe in equal rights between men and women you are a feminist.

What does piss me off is psychoanalytic feminist theory, where absolutely everything in the world is objectifying women and reminding us of men's stronghold on society.

Agreed, also in regard to feminist literary analysis, history etc. etc.

The reason people find the term 'feminist' annoying is because today there isn't anything unique about saying that women and men should have equal rights. That's pretty much a given, just like it's the majority consensus that different races should have the same rights. 'Feminism' implies a sense of being a minority opinion, when it makes more sense today to instead focus on on those who disagree with equal rights among people. Most people don't see any point in calling themselves 'feminists' when that's the common opinion. Because that simple definition has become virtually obsolete, it's now come to refer to a type of absurd female pride and paranoia towards anything that might resemble male antagonism to female ambitions.

When asked if Cheryl Cole is the modern day feminist, she said no because Cheryl's too skinny? Shouldn't the modern day feminist be respected for success and strength instead of judged purely on their appearance?

Ahahaha feminism fail. Some of them don't know what they're talking about tbh.

The only real part of feminism that I'm interested in is the madonna and the whore complex.