✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do people make of the 2012 Doomsday theory?

a_face_of_light

well, this one was worse. I don't want to spoil it for you, in case you do want to watch it in the future, but everything was so exaggerated, it was even more unbelievable than it originally was if you don't believe in this theory. The visual effects were not that good either.

now you've got me really intrigued. Really need to see this crappy movie :lol:

I wrote a 3 page debate about how it won't happen. :blank:

I love this quote from NASA :heart:

"For any claims of disaster or dramatic changes in 2012, where is the science? Where is the evidence? There is none, and for all the fictional assertions, whether they are made in books, movies, documentaries or over the Internet, we cannot change that simple fact. There is no credible evidence for any of the assertions made in support of unusual events taking place in December 2012."

Guest howyousawtheworld

All I know about 21st of December is that it's the shortest day or around it, or the Winter Solstice as others know it. Below image is taken from Maes Howe, an ancient neolithic tomb 5,000 years old in Orkney which every winter solstice experiences, for the only time in the year, sunlight which reaches into the tomb. Made all the more spectacular considering it was built aligned to the sun for this day. No one really knows the reason why this was built to happen. Some say it's merely a calendar reminding ancient inhabitants of those in Orkney that the sun was returning from that day on, or that it returns or takes away the souls of the dead. Couldn't recommend Orkney or any Scottish islands more. Fascinating places.

maeshowe_04120115_600.jpg

Maeshowe-06-KAP.jpg

It's amazing and strange that this date connects ancient civlization from around the world upon which these civilizations knew nothing about each other....or did they??!

It's amazing how many people are 100% it's going to happen though.

The only saving thing about that crappy film was the old Russian dude he made me:laugh3:.

the whole Russian family in the movie made me:laugh3:

i may believe in wacky things but this theory is just rubbish:dozey:

Guest howyousawtheworld
it's all based off of astronomy and following patterns, just like w/ what the egyptians, mayans, etc. did

Yeah it is. Which makes it all the more remarkable. Remarkable.