✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30 somethings?

Sirhc

:disappointed:

I'm not kidding when I tell you I had to argue with my parents for two weeks before they got me tickets for Muse, and it was nosebleeds. :shifty:

Oh, I´m sorry for that :-( I still remember those times!

But look on the bright side, you will get a job one day and have options to travel to concerts, but we will not get younger anymore ;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Being a Coldplay fan definitely helps to feel younger!

We will all get a few years younger on Wednesday! :D

Not speaking about the time the album comes out and the new tour starts.

And the good part of being older is having a job and be able to go to more concerts! :awesome:

Yep. But the countdown till Wednesday and the album makes us a few years older first. So in the best case, we go back to the age we are right now :D

Hi!

No, I didn't go to Werchter :(

And Nijmegen was great, getting back home was a nightmare...

Why? What happened?

I'm not kidding when I tell you I had to argue with my parents for two weeks before they got me tickets for Muse, and it was nosebleeds. :shifty:

Aw, that's not fun. But don't worry, when you have a job, you'll go to any concert you want!

Oh, I´m sorry for that :-( I still remember those times!

But look on the bright side, you will get a job one day and have options to travel to concerts, but we will not get younger anymore ;)

Nobody gets younger. :shrug: Might as well live life to the fullest! :awesome: /cheesy saying

It's not like I can't pay for the concerts (although they do put a hole in my bank account!), it's that my parents don't want me to go to one and have a good time or something. :wreck: I'm working on convincing my parents to let me be in GA for Coldplay now, that way I don't miss the start of the ticket sales like I did for Muse. :|

Yep. But the countdown till Wednesday and the album makes us a few years older first. So in the best case, we go back to the age we are right now :D

I like also the anticipation. It´s always nice to have something to look forward to ;)

Showbiz,

I understand, I used to have also difficult times to convince my parents for anything... trust me, it will only get better, when you´re older ;)

Fingers crossed!

Well, my mom loves Coldplay so it shouldn't be as much of a problem. . . *crosses fingers* :uhoh2:

But I don't care how much complaining it took, Muse was amazing. :heart:

That´s cool!

I hope to take my kids to a Coldplay concert one day, hope they will still be touring in 10 years or so ;)

Consider yourself lucky. My parents don't believe in good modern music, so that's why I've never been to a rock concert, even after all this time.

Consider yourself lucky. My parents don't believe in good modern music, so that's why I've never been to a rock concert, even after all this time.

My parents hate modern music too, but at least I was able to convince them. :surprised:

That really sucks Violet. :hug:

Hopefully now that you're older you can go though!

How old are your kids?

Mine are 3 and 5 years :)

I was wondering if there was ever a thread for married fans on here, to discuss, how your husbands cope with the Coldplay obsession. :D

My kids are 5 and 3, too! I have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 yo son. As for husbands coping with my Coldplay obsession, mine does pretty well. I basically get a lot of teasing. But he did make me a VIVA themed birthday cake last year. :)

That´s cool!

I hope to take my kids to a Coldplay concert one day, hope they will still be touring in 10 years or so ;)

My husband and I have already decided we're going to try to take ours (at least my daughter) to a show on the next tour. My kids really truly love Coldplay. At 18 months, "Viva la Vida" was one of only a few phrases my son could say! I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I played that song and album constantly! :D

My kids are 5 and 3, too! I have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 yo son. As for husbands coping with my Coldplay obsession, mine does pretty well. I basically get a lot of teasing. But he did make me a VIVA themed birthday cake last year. :)

My husband and I have already decided we're going to try to take ours (at least my daughter) to a show on the next tour. My kids really truly love Coldplay. At 18 months, "Viva la Vida" was one of only a few phrases my son could say! I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I played that song and album constantly! :D

My son is 5 and daughter 3 :D

My husband teases me all the time as well. He was the one, who got me into Coldplay years ago, but he got quite sick of them, when I got obsessed, which I understand. But he approved me to go to Liverpool, which is the best Christmas present ever!

My kids recognize Coldplay as well, but as it´s not their mother tongue, they can´t sing along :-)

I´ll rather wait with the concerts until they are older, as I want to get as close to the stage as possible and not have seated tickets, which wouldn´t be good with children :D

Oooohhhh I just read that Coldplay are coming to Werchter in Belgium this summer!

Is anyone here from Belgium or close?

I am sooooo going!

YAY, I'm so happy :dance:

Great news, congrats!

We have a festival the weekend after that in July, but they´ve never been here, so I´m not even hoping.

(even if I told Chris about the festival, when I met him :D )

You met him??? :stunned:

Please tell me all about it!

Yes, I have pictures in the link in my sig.

In October I went to London and walked down the "Coldplay Road" several times and I was really lucky. I met him actually twice, the first time he was really rushing to the studio, so we only took the picture and I didn´t want to bother him anymore. And I met Will later as well.

And on my last day in London, we had dinner in the restaurant next to the studio, Chris was probably finished with work, so he had more time and we chatted for a few minutes, he signed my Parachutes booklet. And he was really nice, of course, as always. :D

I told him about the A-ha concert we went to in London, asked him about the plan "to tour smaller venues" (he said they would like to, but he didn´t know how everything will turn out), I told him about my country and the festival, and asked about the new album (he said it´s not going as well and as quickly as they had hoped)...

It was the best holiday ever! :D It´s still unbelievable!

Oh wauw, that's so great!

It must be amazing to meet him! How did you start talking to him?

Your pictures with him are amazing! I'm so jealous!

I went to The Bakery last year, but they were touring in the US at that time, so there was no chance in meeting him. But it was nice to see the Bakery.

I can imagine how this was your best holiday ever :wacky:

Oh wauw, that's so great!

It must be amazing to meet him! How did you start talking to him?

Your pictures with him are amazing! I'm so jealous!

I went to The Bakery last year, but they were touring in the US at that time, so there was no chance in meeting him. But it was nice to see the Bakery.

I can imagine how this was your best holiday ever :wacky:

Yeah, I was there in the right time, I also saw Jonny and Phil, but they seemed too busy, so I didn´t want to bother them. It seemed literally that you can´t cross the road without bumping into someone from Coldplay. :D

It was easier to start talking to him than I´d ever think! I only addressed him "Chris, do you have a second" or something like that and he was so normal, nice and natural that I wasn´t nervous at all. And I kept apologizing all the time and he kept saying that it´s all right :D

You look young and glamoous enough already - all that Florida sunshine :)

Thanks Alison:kiss: I don't recall ever being called glamorous before! :gorgeous:

I think all 34 year olds are pretty fabulous :D

Well, look at that - my 30-something eyes didn't even notice I spent glamorous wrong :embarrassed:

And I kept apologizing all the time and he kept saying that it´s all right :D

:wacky:

We are planning a trip to London in December. Of course I'm considering to go to the Beehive :blush:

I know the chance of meeting them is very small, but you never know... What time did you meet them? After work?

I'm not even sure I would dare to speak to them. I would be afraid to disturb them. Or act like a silly fangirl...

Well, look at that - my 30-something eyes didn't even notice I spent glamorous wrong :embarrassed:

That's because we're old. We need glasses to read :D