✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2011 Oscar Noms!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was glad to see James Franco nominated as best lead actor!

lets hope that the social network is not gonna win in every category again. that movie is good, but not that good.

erm am i the only one who is thinking at the moment that if a movie about Jeff Buckley is done, James Franco should portray him on it?

(and i've never followed both much, just yesterday i noticied some resemblances.

am i the only one?).

Both Firth and Bale got an oscar! It was about time!!! SO HAPPY :awesome:

yay!

though i just watched the carpet a bit yesterday to find a bit of a disappoint :shame:

but is :embarrassed: to reckon what with.

so now what's the next big ceremony event this year?

I am watching TV2 News. And now they talk to Susanne Bier whose film: In a Better World won in the category: Best Foreign-Language Film. But it is really funny /strange that Susanne Bier's film was NOT NOMINATED for BEST DANISH MOVIE in DENMARK.

Also great that "The King's Speech" won.

erm am i the only one who is thinking at the moment that if a movie about Jeff Buckley is done, James Franco should portray him on it?

The Jeff Buckley's biopic is on the pipes for yeeaars now (5 years if I'm counting correctly...) and Franco is first choice among the diehards fans (I include myself in this). We really hope he's gonna portray him, he's the only one that can pull it off (both on resemblance and acting performance)

128779858112191567.jpg

Jeff%2BBuckley%2B%2526%2BJames%2BFranco.JPG

See Jeff's thread for more infos on this.

HOW THE HELL did Black Swan receive any recognition? The worst film I've seen in a long long time.

I can see why you said that... I can't say if I liked it or not, but it's definitively a movie that let a lasting impression on the viewer and gives you sthg to think about... Nathalie deserved her oscar, she did an amazing performance.

And I want to go see The Fighter.

+1000000000000000000 It's out next week here. I've not watched the leak on the web cause I want to see it in theater.

Just a suspense film, a posh horror if you will. Starts off with a sexually repressed dancer, a lecherous teacher and a wild American. Finishes exactly the same without any character development and there's no surprises throughout. Didn't even show much of the dancing which might have saved it from the dull plot.

And how she got a standing ovation after falling over as white swan I'll never know.

Black Swan was people realising that the story didn't hold enough merit to just be a good film about mental illness and ballet, so they stuck as much suspense in as possible to meat it out a bit. There is nothing wrong with suspense films of course, but people saying it is more than that are wrong. People saying it was anything original are also wrong. Some nice cinematography, but other than that hugely disappointing and over-hyped. Plenty of over-acting in it too.

:P, you remind me of my sister, she's a Christian Bale nut.
:whistle:

Apparently he's really wonderful, so I'm excited. :D

Christian is ALWAYS wonderful! (even in crappy movies!) Just like RDJr.

Just a suspense film, a posh horror if you will. Starts off with a sexually repressed dancer, a lecherous teacher and a wild American. Finishes exactly the same without any character development and there's no surprises throughout. Didn't even show much of the dancing which might have saved it from the dull plot.

You obsiously haven't understand the movie AT ALL if you think it's a just a "suspens/horror movie" with some ballet in it... The black swan is a metaphor about how a person can become "somebody else" and even can get driven into madness just to get to perfection. The 'horror" elements are just here to give a "visual" on Portman's character mental transformation.

As for "without any character development'....well the girl start sane and end up crazy, if that's not development, I don't know what that is....

You obsiously haven't understand the movie AT ALL if you think it's a just a "suspens/horror movie" with some ballet in it... The black swan is a metaphor about how a person can become "somebody else" and even can get driven into madness just to get to perfection. The 'horror" elements are just here to give a "visual" on Portman's character mental transformation.

As for "without any character development'....well the girl start sane and end up crazy, if that's not development, I don't know what that is....

She didn't really become anybody else though. The character was always crazy, she had cuts from the start, it's just the increased pressure brought it on more. Hardly a drastic change really. If you are going to do that, fair enough, but that can't be all you are going to do with the film. To make a whole film on that, and for it to gain plaudits is kind of embarrassing. I fully understood what I was watching. Nothing was learned, the 'twist' was guessed about fifteen minutes in, and the pretentiousness made me gag.

The increased use of suspense was simply to pander to modern day audiences and it highlighted the lack of depth in the story.

She didn't really become anybody else though. The character was always crazy, she had cuts from the start, it's just the increased pressure brought it on more. Hardly a drastic change really.

Yes, she has cuts as soon as she enters the casting process, that's what triggers her change. Cause now she'll do anything to be the prima ballerina. She really loses herself in the process, she's even not able to see what's her mind creation (killing her double) and what is real. When she dances the black swann, she is another version of herself, one that was hidden deep inside.

To make a whole film on that, and for it to gain plaudits is kind of embarrassing.

the plaudits are the only reward a dancer is seeking! Dancing is all about overcoming yourself, your body limits to achieve perfection in order to the audience to see it. I don't think it's embarrassing to give a standing ovation and plaudits to those performers, cause they're real athletes, they completely devote themselves to their art just for you to enjoy it. There is no money to win, no medal at the end, just a" moment" of total perfection. It's on the contrary very selfless IMO.

The Jeff Buckley's biopic is on the pipes for yeeaars now (5 years if I'm counting correctly...) and Franco is first choice among the diehards fans (I include myself in this). We really hope he's gonna portray him, he's the only one that can pull it off (both on resemblance and acting performance)

128779858112191567.jpg

Jeff%2BBuckley%2B%2526%2BJames%2BFranco.JPG

See Jeff's thread for more infos on this.

wow i'm kinda shocked i got it right and to know they are talking to work on it :o

thanks for the update a-chan :nice:

so to sum up spanish participation there, Mr Bardem had his hands empty at the end of the ceremony?

wow i'm kinda shocked i got it right and to know they are talking to work on it :o

thanks for the update a-chan :nice:

You're welcome :) but as I said, they're talking about it for yeaaars now (most recent rumor, Pattinson wants to play him :facepalm: ), I'm beginning to think it's never gonna see the light of day.... :dozey:

You're welcome :) but as I said, they're talking about it for yeaaars now (most recent rumor, Pattinson wants to play him :facepalm: ), I'm beginning to think it's never gonna see the light of day.... :dozey:

oh dear not him :bigcry:

i honestly think Mr Franco will do it great, so far is the only actor i can think have more resemblance to Jeff.

Well, good things better late and well done than soon and bad. :)

Probably they will release it for Grace anniversary? :thinking:

oh dear not him :bigcry:

i honestly think Mr Franco will do it great, so far is the only actor i can think have more resemblance to Jeff.

Well, good things better late and well done than soon and bad. :)

Probably they will release it for Grace anniversary? :thinking:

2014 is the 20th anniversary. I bet Mary Guibert will release another deluxe edition of the deluxe edition of the deluxe edition of the album :dozey: but if they plan to do that, they better hurry considering the pace the all sthing is going...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0822869/