✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The White Stripes Split.

Saket

The White Stripes would like to announce that today, February 2nd, 2011,

their band has officially ended and will make no further new recordings or perform live.

The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any

health issues as both Meg and Jack are feeling fine and in good health.

It is for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve What is beautiful and special about

the band and have it stay that way.

Meg and Jack want to thank every one of their fans and admirers for the incredible

support they have given throughout the 13 plus years of the White Stripes’ intense and

incredible career.

Third Man Records will continue to put out unreleased live and studio recordings from

The White Stripes in their Vault Subscription record club, as well as through regular

channels.

Both Meg and Jack hope this decision isn’t met with sorrow by their fans but that it is

seen as a positive move done out of respect for the art and music that the band has

created. It is also done with the utmost respect to those fans who’ve shared in those

creations, with their feelings considered greatly.

With that in mind the band have this to say:

“The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore. The White Stripes belong

to you now and you can do with it whatever you want. The beauty of art and music is

that it can last forever if people want it to. Thank you for sharing this experience. Your

involvement will never be lost on us and we are truly grateful.”

Sincerely,

Meg and Jack White

The White Stripes

whitestripes.jpg

from their site ^

nme article here.

first i thought, everybody will blame raconteurs project...

i researched about the news and one of the first entrances i got was that one. Oh Irony.

http://exclaim.ca/News/white_stripes_officially_break_up/?utm_source=facebookpage&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fbpwall

http://www.nme.com/news/the-white-stripes/54804

i'm very very sad :( :( i've got headache for 3 hours because of sadness... I love them very much.. well, maybe they are not seeing for 3 three years in anywhere but i will miss them very much.

I just saw this on Facebook. While I'm not completely broken-hearted like I might be with other bands (*koff* Muse *koff*), I do like them, and it makes me sad to hear I won't hear any more work from them.

At the same time, given Jack White's schedule with his other projects, I can't say I'm that surprised.

This is sad news. I am not a huge fan, but I've listened to all their albums. No project Jack White has done since White Stripes has really held my interest. Granted, I haven't heard everything, but what I have heard is underwhelming.