✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Left Handed, Right Handed or Ambidextrous?

Guest howyousawtheworld

Ugh, I hate left handed batters. No offense. :P

They always confuse me, I don't even know why. :disappointed: It's like when I'm trying to eat with my fork in my right hand, it just doesn't feel right. :dizzy:

That's okay, I understand. :nice:

Our coach in high school made everyone convert to left-handed for bunting and slapping. :| I was naturally left-handed anyway from the first time I picked up a bat, but our coach was hard-core about getting people as close to first base as possible right off the bat. (ha ha)

That's okay, I understand. :nice:

Our coach in high school made everyone convert to left-handed for bunting and slapping. :| I was naturally left-handed anyway from the first time I picked up a bat, but our coach was hard-core about getting people as close to first base as possible right off the bat. (ha ha)

That doesn't make sense, wouldn't it be detrimental to their performance if they weren't comfortable with the way they were batting? :thinking:

But that does make sense with the advantage to getting to first base.

That doesn't make sense, wouldn't it be detrimental to their performance if they weren't comfortable with the way they were batting? :thinking:

But that does make sense with the advantage to getting to first base.

But this is how hard core our coach was: he got with the middle school coaches and had them start to teach the players then, so by the time we got to high school the right-handed batters were already relatively comfortable with bunting/slapping left-handed. Then in high school he would teach you how to do it so you were already running toward first (within the rules) by the time you made contact. If you couldn't do it, he wouldn't put you in. HARD. CORE.

But this is how hard core our coach was: he got with the middle school coaches and had them start to teach the players then, so by the time we got to high school the right-handed batters were already relatively comfortable with bunting/slapping left-handed. Then in high school he would teach you how to do it so you were already running toward first (within the rules) by the time you made contact. If you couldn't do it, he wouldn't put you in. HARD. CORE.

Wow. :stunned:

That is pretty hard core. :lol:

My school district is so small that the only sports teams my kindergarten- 8th grade school had was boys and girls basketball. We then had a separate league that had about 20 softball/baseball/tee ball teams of all ages.

I go to a regional high school with 3 sending schools, so now we have a school softball and baseball team. But I didn't join our school team. . . first time in nine years I haven't played softball. :disappointed: </3

Guest howyousawtheworld
I'm ambidextrous, but primarily left-handed. Which probably makes me double unique :D

For instance, I write with my left, but throw with my right, etc.

So that's why you call yourself HandyAndy!!

Actually I think you best describe my handedness. Cut scissors with my right, slice meat with my right...

I can use both. I can write with both, but my right hand is my dominate hand.

This. But that's becuase I was forced to use my right hand in writing. So originally I was a lefty. Anyway, there are still things I'm doing that I'm more used to when using my left, like brushing my teeth or stitching, etc.