✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Complete Festival Guide for 2011 (+Awards)

deaths_friend

pretty much the same thing that i did last year. but this year i thought i would add a new element and include debate/poll of what is the best line up of the year. here is what we've had so far this year. any and all help is very welcome. as opposed to last year i might restrict this to the biggest festivals. so maybe only the ones with an attendance of over 50 000.

January

Big Day Out - Tool, Rammstein, Iggy Pop &Stooges, Grinderman, MIA, LCD Soundsystem,

February

Soundwave - Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stone Age, Slash, Slayer, 30 Seconds to Mars, Bullet for my Valentine

March

Future Music - MGMT, The Chemical Brothers, Dizzee Rascal, Pendulum, Mark Ronson

April

Coachella - The Strokes, Kanye West, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Interpol, The Chemical Brothers, The National

Lollapalooza Chile - The Killers, Jane's Addiction, Kanye West, 30 Seconds To Mars, Fatboy Slim, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Deftones, Cypress Hill, 311, The Flaming Lips, The National

May

Hangout Music Festival - Foo Fighters, Paul Simon, Widespread Panic, The Black Keys, Flaming Lips, My Morning Jacket

Primavera - 26, 27, 28 - Animal Collective, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Battles, Belle & Sebastian, Big Boi, Caribou, Deep Sea Arcade, Deerhunter, DJ Shadow, Echo & The Bunnymen, Eli Paperboy Reed ,Explosions In the Sky, Fleet Foxes, Girl Talk,Grinderman, Interpol, James Blake, Jamie XX, Mogwai Odd Future , PJ Harvey , Pulp , Sufjan Stevens, The Flaming Lips, The National

June

Pinkpop - 11,12, 13 - Coldplay, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters , Wolfmother, Elbow, White Lies, Kaiser Chiefs, Two Door Cinema Club

Rock am Ring/ Rock im Park - 3,4, 5 - System of a Down , Coldplay, Kings of Leon, The Kooks, Interpol, Wolfmother, Korn

Bonnaroo - 9,10,11, 12 - Eminem, Arcade Fire, Buffalo Springfield, The Strokes, Mumford& Sons, The Black Keys, Lil Wayne, Robyn

Download - 10,11, 12 - Def Leppard, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Bullet for my Valentine, Pendulum, Alice Cooper, Korn, Gaslight Anthem, Avenged Sevenfold, The Darkness

Isle of Wight - 10,11,12 - Kings of Leon, Pulp, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Manic Street Preachers, Kaiser Chiefs, Band of Horses, Iggy and the Stooges, Plan B

Hurricane + Southside - 17,18, 19 - Arctic Monkeys, The Chemical Brothers, Klaxons, Foo Fighters, Blink-182, Arcade Fire, Portishead, Elbow, The Wombats, Two Door Cinema Club,

Glastonbury - 22,23, 24, 25, 26 - Beyonce, Coldplay, U2, Two Door Cinema Club, Elbow, Pendulum, Laura Marling, Primal Scream, The Chemical Brothers, Queens of the Stone Age, Fleet Foxes, Mumford & Sons, Kaiser Chiefs, Friendly Fires, TV on the Radio, Crystal Castles

Hard Rock Calling - 24, 25, 26 - Bon Jovi, Rod Stewert, Stevie Nicks, The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs,

Jammin Festival - 9, 10, 11 - Coldplay, Negramaro, Vasco Rossi, Beady Eye ,Echo and the Bunnymen

July

Eurockeenes - 1,2, 3 - Arcade Fire, Motörhead, Arctic Monkeys, Beady Eye, Crystal Castles, Odd Future, Queens of the Stone Age, Ting Tings

EXIT Fest - 7,8,9, 10 - Arcade Fire, Portishead, Grinderman, Pulp, deadmau5, Underworld, Jamiroquai, MIA,

Latitude - 14,15, 16, 17 - The National, Paolo Nutini, Avi Buffalo, I Am Kloot, Suede

Fuji Rock - 29, 30, 31 - Arctic Monkeys, Chemical Brothers, Coldplay, CSS, Warpaint, Battles, Jamie xx, Naked and Famous, Queens of the Stone Age, Noah and the Whale, Mogwai, Faces

Open'er- 30 June 1, 2, 3 - Coldplay, Hurts, Foals, Prince, Foals, Caribou, Cut Copy, Pulp, The Strokes, The National

Oxegen - 8,9 , 10 - Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, blink-182, Black Eyed Peas, Paolo Nutini, Beyonce, The Strokes, My Chemical Romance and Foo Fighters

Rock Werchter - 30 June 1, 2, 3 - The Chemical Brothers, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay, Iron Maiden, Elbow, Linkin Park, The Hives, OFWGKTA, Beady Eye, James Blake, TV on the Radio, The National, White Lies, Black Eyed Peas, Kasabian, Fleet Foxes, Robyn, Grinderman

Roskilde - 30 June 1, 2, 3 - Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, PJ Harvey, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, MIA, Battles, Foals

T in the Park - 8, 9, 10 - Foo Fighters, Blink 182, Pulp, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Blink 182, The View, My Chemical Romance, Beady Eye, Beyonce

Wireless - 1,2, 3 - The Chemical Brothers, Plan B, Black Eyed Peas, Pulp, Grace Jones, Foals, TV on the Radio

Main Square - Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Linkin Park, Chemical Brothers, Elbow, Portishead, PJ Harvey, Kaiser Chiefs, The National, White Lies, Two Door Cinema Club, Kasabian, Beady Eye.

Bilbao BBK - Coldplay, Amy Winehouse, Jack Johnson, 30 Seconds to Mars, Chemical Brothers, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Crystal Castles, !!!, TV on the Radio, Black Crowes

Paleo Nyon - Jack Johnson, The National, The Chemical Brothers, Portishead, The Strokes, PJ Harvey, James Blunt, Strmae, Metronomy, Tame Impala

Osheaga Festival - Eminem, Elvis Costello, The Flaming Lips, Death Cab for Cutie, DFA 1979, Kid Cudi, Bright Eyes

Benicassim - Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Mumford & Sons, Portishead, The Strokes, Beirut, Elbow, Friendly Fires, Julieta Venegas, Primal Scream (present Screamadelica), The Streets

Splendour in the Grass - Coldplay, Kanye West, Jane's Addiction, Mogwai, Elbow, The Hives, Pulp, Regina Spektor, Mars Volta, Pnau, Glasvegas, James Blake, Kele, Kaiser Chiefs, Modest Mouse, Friendly Fires, Cut Copy, Noah and the Whale

Pitchfork - 15, 16, 17 - Animal Collective, Battles, James Blake, Fleet Foxes, TV on the Radio, Cut Copy

Hop Farm - 1, 2 - Eagles, Bryan Ferry, Morrissey, Iggy and the Stooges, Death Cab For Cutie, Lou Reed, Patti Smith

Optimus Alive - July 6,7,8 and 9 - Coldplay, Foo Fighters, 30 Seconds To Mars, Kaiser Chiefs, White Lies

August

The Big Chill - 4, 5, 6, 7 - Kanye West, Chemical Brothers, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Empire of the Sun

All Points West - returning in 2011.

Lollapalooza - 5, 6, 7 - Eminem, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Muse, My Morning Jacket, deadmau5, A Perfect Circle, Arctic Monkeys

Reading + Leeds - 26, 27, 28 - The Strokes, Muse, Pulp, Elbow, My Chemical Romance, Interpol, The National, 30 Seconds to Mars, Jane's Addiction, Beady Eye

Summer Sonic - 13, 14 - The Strokes, Beady Eye, RHCP, Primal Scream, The Mars Volta, DFA 1979.

V Festival UK - 20, 21 - Arctic Monkeys, Eminem , Plan B, Dizzee Rascal, Kaiser Chiefs, Manic Street Preachers and Pendulum

Pukkelpop - 18, 19, 20 - Foo Fighters, Eminem, dEUS, The Offspring.

Sziget - 8 to 15 - Amy Winehouse, Dizzee Rascal, Interpol, Kasabian, Pulp, Judas Priest, Chemical Brothers, Motorhead, The National

September

Rock in Rio - Elton John, Coldplay, Metallica, RHCP, Snow Patrol, Slipknot

Austin City Limits - 16, 17, 18 - Stevie Wonder, Coldplay, Kanye West, Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes, My Morning Jacket, Alison Krauss, Cut Copy

i will add to the list as i find out more info through the year

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea!

Maybe you could format the appearance of the post a little more?

Suggestion in the spoiler. :)

And I've added the Main Square Festival infos!

January

• Big Day Out - Tool, Rammstein, Iggy Pop &Stooges, Grinderman, MIA, LCD Soundsystem,

February

• Soundwave - Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stone Age, Slash, Slayer, 30 Seconds to Mars, Bullet for my Valentine

March

• Future Music - MGMT, The Chemical Brothers, Dizzee Rascal, Pendulum, Mark Ronson

April

• Coachella - The Strokes, Kanye West, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Interpol, The Chemical Brothers, The National

May

• Pinkpop - Coldplay, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters ,

June

• Rock am Ring/ Rock im Park - System of a Down , Coldplay, Kings of Leon

• Bonnaroo - 10 Year Anniversary so expect something big but not Kanye.

• Download - System of a Down, Linkin Park, Bullet for my Valentine, Pendulum

• Isle of Wight - Kings of Leon, Pulp, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Manic Street Preachers

• Hurricane + Southside - Arctic Monkeys, The Chemical Brothers, Klaxons, Foo Fighters, Blink-182, Arcade Fire, Portishead, Elbow, The Wombats, Two Door Cinema Club,

• Glastonbury - TBA!!!

• Hard Rock Calling - Bon Jovi

July

• Eurockeenes - Arcade Fire, Motörhead, Arctic Monkeys

• EXIT Fest - Arcade Fire, Portishead, Grinderman

• Latitude - Usually brilliant so keep an eye out for it

• Fuji Rock - TBA

• Open'er - Coldplay, Hurts, Foals,

• Oxegen - Arctic Monkeys, blink-182, Black Eyed Peas, Paolo Nutini and Foo Fighters

• Rock Werchter - The Chemical Brothers, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay, Iron Maiden, Elbow

• Roskilde - Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, PJ Harvey

• T in the Park - Foo Fighters, Blink 182,

• Wireless -

• Main Square - Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Linkin Park, Chemical Brothers, Elbow, Portishead, PJ Harvey, Kaiser Chiefs, The National, White Lies, Two Door Cinema Club

• Bilbao BBK - Coldplay

August

• All Points West

• Lollapalooza

• Lowlands

• Reading + Leeds

• Summer Sonic

• V Festival UK

• Splendour in the Grass

September

• Rock in Rio - Elton John, Coldplay, Metallica, RHCP, Snow Patrol, Slipknot

Good idea!

Maybe you could format the appearance of the post a little more?

Suggestion in the spoiler. :)

And I've added the Main Square Festival infos!

January

• Big Day Out - Tool, Rammstein, Iggy Pop &Stooges, Grinderman, MIA, LCD Soundsystem,

February

• Soundwave - Iron Maiden, Queens of the Stone Age, Slash, Slayer, 30 Seconds to Mars, Bullet for my Valentine

March

• Future Music - MGMT, The Chemical Brothers, Dizzee Rascal, Pendulum, Mark Ronson

April

• Coachella - The Strokes, Kanye West, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Interpol, The Chemical Brothers, The National

May

• Pinkpop - Coldplay, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters ,

June

• Rock am Ring/ Rock im Park - System of a Down , Coldplay, Kings of Leon

• Bonnaroo - 10 Year Anniversary so expect something big but not Kanye.

• Download - System of a Down, Linkin Park, Bullet for my Valentine, Pendulum

• Isle of Wight - Kings of Leon, Pulp, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Manic Street Preachers

• Hurricane + Southside - Arctic Monkeys, The Chemical Brothers, Klaxons, Foo Fighters, Blink-182, Arcade Fire, Portishead, Elbow, The Wombats, Two Door Cinema Club,

• Glastonbury - TBA!!!

• Hard Rock Calling - Bon Jovi

July

• Eurockeenes - Arcade Fire, Motörhead, Arctic Monkeys

• EXIT Fest - Arcade Fire, Portishead, Grinderman

• Latitude - Usually brilliant so keep an eye out for it

• Fuji Rock - TBA

• Open'er - Coldplay, Hurts, Foals,

• Oxegen - Arctic Monkeys, blink-182, Black Eyed Peas, Paolo Nutini and Foo Fighters

• Rock Werchter - The Chemical Brothers, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay, Iron Maiden, Elbow

• Roskilde - Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, PJ Harvey

• T in the Park - Foo Fighters, Blink 182,

• Wireless -

• Main Square - Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Linkin Park, Chemical Brothers, Elbow, Portishead, PJ Harvey, Kaiser Chiefs, The National, White Lies, Two Door Cinema Club

• Bilbao BBK - Coldplay

August

• All Points West

• Lollapalooza

• Lowlands

• Reading + Leeds

• Summer Sonic

• V Festival UK

• Splendour in the Grass

September

• Rock in Rio - Elton John, Coldplay, Metallica, RHCP, Snow Patrol, Slipknot

yeah i'll fix it up tomorrow. thanks for the main square info.

How about GuilFest for July.. they've got Razorlight confirmed.. oh, and James Blunt - so maybe not!!

Rumours for Reading & Leeds : Muse / The Strokes / Pulp - though I can't see Pulp being a Reading / Leeds headliner!

i'll take a look at Guilfest to see if its 50 000+ or not or at least with a line up significant enough to match that. i'll add reading and leeds once the full line up is out.

Quote:Originally Posted by Glacial Fox;4700727

DID SHE SEE HIM?

I DON'T KNOW I'LL GO ASK.

Me too, next year Bamboozle isn't shit I'll try to go.

OKAY

If I got offered free tickets I would have gone. :P

I wonder what next year's lineup will be. :surprised:

~not that I would get to go anyways~

When I Googled "All Points West 2011" the results were not promising. . ..

That's what I thought too. Plus they cancelled it last year because in 2009 the weather was terrible. I was there and I had to throw out my shoes they were so covered in mud. Even so they really should have it. Honestly there is no good festival here in the tri-state area, nevermind the northeast. I loved APW in 2008. I got to see Radiohead, Andrew Bird, and Grizzly Bear and honestly it was awesome! 2009 was good (I saw Coldplay, Mogwai, Echo and Bunnymen, The Black Keys), but I guess the weather kind of hindered the experience from being as good as in 08. I still hope they have it.

OKAY

If I got offered free tickets I would have gone. :P

I wonder what next year's lineup will be. :surprised:

~not that I would get to go anyways~

I know, I probably should have. :P

turns out she wasn't there. :|

That's what I thought too. Plus they cancelled it last year because in 2009 the weather was terrible. I was there and I had to throw out my shoes they were so covered in mud. Even so they really should have it. Honestly there is no good festival here in the tri-state area, nevermind the northeast. I loved APW in 2008. I got to see Radiohead, Andrew Bird, and Grizzly Bear and honestly it was awesome! 2009 was good (I saw Coldplay, Mogwai, Echo and Bunnymen, The Black Keys), but I guess the weather kind of hindered the experience from being as good as in 08. I still hope they have it.

Oh, that's why? :thinking: Lucky, I wish I had been able to go. :P

I agree, Bamboozle is all we have and it's mostly punk bands. :shifty:

They did seem to always have a great lineup. :sad: