✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Complete Festival Guide for 2011 (+Awards)

deaths_friend

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah apparently location was a big issue. but honestly I mean when you have so many thousands of people at a festival of course transportation is going to be a problem

And so close to the city, they probably got a lot of traffic in and out of NYC. . . :thinking:

Although it's seriously so close to me, why couldn't I have gone? :freak:

well I got a ride in both times and yes it was hectic, and also looking at the trains going out I can only imagine how crazy it was. But even so when I went to Osheaga this year the lines were also crazy getting out since almost everyone was using the trains. I hope at least if they don't have it in Liberty State Park, it's in Central Park, which would be probably a lot more convenient for so many people.

Either way they need a festival for NY. I mean California and Chicago get one... so why not one for the most popular city in (arguably) the world?

well I got a ride in both times and yes it was hectic, and also looking at the trains going out I can only imagine how crazy it was. But even so when I went to Osheaga this year the lines were also crazy getting out since almost everyone was using the trains. I hope at least if they don't have it in Liberty State Park, it's in Central Park, which would be probably a lot more convenient for so many people.

Either way they need a festival for NY. I mean California and Chicago get one... so why not one for the most popular city in (arguably) the world?

Yeah, I can only imagine. :anxious:

Where's Osheaga? :thinking:

Yeah, the one positive thing about Bamboozle is that it's in the New Meadowlands Stadium parking lot, so no mud! :awesome:

Meh, I'd have to argue that Central Park is in the heart of Manhattan, which makes it really easy for anyone in NYC to get there. But it would be really crazy for anyone to drive there. It takes me 45 minutes longer than it should take to drive into NYC, and I can only imagine how much worse the traffic would be if there was a festival there. Especially since everyone in the area is festival-deprived; it would be crazy.

Although I do agree that NY needs a festival.

Lollapalooza Chile - The Killers, Jane's Addiction, Kanye West, 30 Seconds To Mars, Fatboy Slim, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Deftones, Cypress Hill, 311, The Flaming Lips

:awesome: The National will be there too. I got tickets for both days and it will be awesome. I read we'll have Lolla at least for the next 10 years. :dance:

great thread btw!

Where's Osheaga? :thinking:

will be added asap.

:awesome: The National will be there too. I got tickets for both days and it will be awesome. I read we'll have Lolla at least for the next 10 years. :dance:

great thread btw!

thanks. will fix that up.

i'll probably visit this thread every couple of weeks and update everything as line ups are released.

We're gonna have Heineken Jammin Festival this year as well from June 9 to 11 in Venice, rumoured to be there (lineup still not announced, we're always the last ones to know :dozey:):

Coldplay

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Muse

Lenny Kravitz

Pink

Soundgarden

Beady Eye

Ben Harper

White Lies

Lacuna Coil

^^

when i first saw that rumoured line up i thought LOL no way would you ever get a line up that good. but then i took a look at the 2010 line up and you guys pulled Aerosmith, Green Day, Pearl Jam, 30 seconds to Mars and black eyed peas. so i'll keep an eye out for the release of line up.

final line-up (Lolla chile)

Main stage (day one) is so awesome :awesome:

Also, I heard Kanye will make the first MBDTF show here :o

sabado1.jpg

except for james I don't know them. The first band is a chilean one, they'll be at coachella too :freak:

domingo1.jpg

^^

when i first saw that rumoured line up i thought LOL no way would you ever get a line up that good. but then i took a look at the 2010 line up and you guys pulled Aerosmith, Green Day, Pearl Jam, 30 seconds to Mars and black eyed peas. so i'll keep an eye out for the release of line up.

Coldplay have just been confirmed :awesome:

edit: no ok, don't consider it, besides Coldplay the first day, the other two headliners suck (they're italian), and I don't really think RHCP or Muse would come if they're not headlining

yeah im really impressed by this Main Square festival. it only has a daily attendance of 30 000 so it pull a line up like that is very impressive.

Splendour last year only had a 30,000 attendance and it pulled a hell of a lineup.

EDIT: haha nevermind, apparently I didn't read your first post properly :facepalm:

final line-up (Lolla chile)

Main stage (day one) is so awesome :awesome:

Also, I heard Kanye will make the first MBDTF show here :o

wow lolla chile is looking awesome! mostly cos kanye will be playing MBDTF live.

i was just looking at arcade fire's tour itinerary and they basically doing nothing but festivals over the european summer. incredible!

wow lolla chile is looking awesome! mostly cos kanye will be playing MBDTF live.

i was just looking at arcade fire's tour itinerary and they basically doing nothing but festivals over the european summer. incredible!

I know, I can't wait :awesome: it'll be the last show of the festival

I was expecting to see AF here D: maybe in some months :uhoh:

bonnaroo uploaded .incredible line up including buffalo springfield with neil young, stephen stills, richie furay.

I really liked Bonnaroo line up too! Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Black Keys, etc :bomb: