March 29, 201115 yr Mount Kenya Charity Trek - The Great Gig in the Sky (Debs n Kes do Kenya) "When we reach the top of Lenana Point there’ll be a gig with a group of musicians that are coming along too. Apparently you’ll be able to watch it all via a web cam......" http://www.justgiving.com/kerryanddebs KERRY^^^^^and DEBS^^^^^ (more skinny look great!)
March 29, 201115 yr Wow...seems like a really cool idea! :rolleyes: Young people with cancer indeed need help I know this sound funny, but is Coldplay coming with you up there?Thats the only way this thread would be relevant to this category, right? :D
March 29, 201115 yr Author Wow...seems like a really cool idea! :rolleyes: Young people with cancer indeed need help I know this sound funny, but is Coldplay coming with you up there?Thats the only way this thread would be relevant to this category, right? :D Absolutely..... is a possibility!;) but with Debs, not me ......could be great:P
March 29, 201115 yr Oh so is it you, and Debs the Oracle? Btw, can I donate even though I'm not from UK?
March 30, 201115 yr ^ probably I see that Vicki donated, how cute. :nice: *considers donating on behalf of colplaying*
March 30, 201115 yr 500 euros?! who the heck donated so much! BEST PERSON EVER. if thats not one of her rich and famous friends or someone from coldplay under a false name then that person rocks.
March 30, 201115 yr Yeah, I saw that! :surprised: Well, they left their name in the message, so I'm guessing they know her personally. edit: Does the other lady with her, Kerry, work for the band also? *asks question whilst trying not to sound stupid for not already knowing one way or the other*
March 30, 201115 yr *considers donating on behalf of colplaying* Maybe we can team up. Who wants to donate money?
March 30, 201115 yr Maybe we can team up. Who wants to donate money? Well, I was going to go ahead and donate some today on behalf of the site. If anyone wants to contribute to my donation via PayPal that's fine, but I'm not expecting anything since I was planning on doing it anyway. Maybe as the event gets closer we can make an additional contribution?
March 30, 201115 yr Well, I was going to go ahead and donate some today on behalf of the site. If anyone wants to contribute to my donation via PayPal that's fine, but I'm not expecting anything since I was planning on doing it anyway. Maybe as the event gets closer we can make an additional contribution? Sounds like a plan :nice:
March 31, 201115 yr Thank you SO much! That's taken the total to over £1000 and is our first hurdle. It's so very sweet and kind of you. Just to let you know that the band are most definitely NOT performing at the summit or coming with me but word has it that us trekkers will have a sing around a camp fire via webcam with people requesting songs from 'home' so maybe I should ask them to rehearse a Coldplay song? Don't Panic sounds appropriate right now! xxx
March 31, 201115 yr doneCarrie, you're the best! That's taken the total to over £1000 and is our first hurdle. It's so very sweet and kind of you.Wow, that's great news! Yes, please do a Coldplay song, that'd be awesome. :awesome: Haha, Don't Panic! :nice: :hug:
March 31, 201115 yr Carrie, you're the best! Wow, that's great news! Yes, please do a Coldplay song, that'd be awesome. :awesome: Haha, Don't Panic! :nice: :hug: Though Green Eyes popped up on iPod earlier and the line "... you are a rock upon which I stand..." I took very literally!
March 31, 201115 yr Though Green Eyes popped up on iPod earlier and the line "... you are a rock upon which I stand..." I took very literally! :lol: Well, there's always the Sleeping Sun reference too, "climb up your mountain..."
March 31, 201115 yr Sleeping Sun is probably my least favorite Coldplay song, I don't know why. Speed Of Sound would work because of "how long do i have to climb up on the side of this mountain of mine." I'm sure that's all any of the climbers will be thinking when the get to the end!
March 31, 201115 yr Sleeping Sun is probably my least favorite Coldplay song, I don't know why.:bigcry: Speed Of Sound would work because of "how long do i have to climb up on the side of this mountain of mine." I'm sure that's all any of the climbers will be thinking when the get to the end!:surprised: Oh, that's actually a good idea. Goodness, we're giving her too many ideas!
March 31, 201115 yr Aww yes, there are many fitting songs. :) Good luck with the project, Debs! Sleeping Sun is probably my least favorite Coldplay song, I don't know why.I don't know either!! It's so so so beautiful and uplifting. :heart:
March 31, 201115 yr Ladder to the Sun, but I reckon it wouldn't be easy to rehearse :disappointed: Anyway, thanks Carrie for the donation and good luck Debs with the project :nice:
April 1, 201115 yr :lol: Well, there's always the Sleeping Sun reference too, "climb up your mountain..." That song was stuck in my head yesterday, I wonder why :D
Create an account or sign in to comment