✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

It's All Just Opinion

I just wanted to take the time to bring attention to something that I would hope that most of us already know... your musical tastes are a matter of opinion. ETIAW is just a song and if you like it... that's great. If you don't like it... that's fine too. No one is right... no one is wrong. There is no reason to try to convince someone that hates the song that they should love it and there is also no reason to tell someone who loves it that they are just fooling themselves for doing so. You just hate it because it's a pop song or you just like it cause you would like anything Coldplay puts out... who cares? At the end of the day everyone is gonna feel how they feel about the song and nothing is gonna change that. Creating multiple posts making fun of the song seems a bit pointless to me but if you love the song and seeing those jokes pisses you off then just stay out of those threads... there is really no reason to go in there and try to defend your point because your not gonna change anyone's mind and that thread wasnt meant for you anyway. The same goes for the other side... if you see a poster raving about the song then just leave them to enjoy it. What's the point of trying to tell them they are wrong or the song is shit... you're not gonna change their mind anymore then they will yours. Demanding in depth reasons for why someone does not agree with you just seems a tad silly and in the end just a waste of time. It is amazing that we have this place to have spirited discussions and debate on our views on music but if you ask me I just think today it got a little out of hand. I'm not trying to tell anyone how or what to post and just know that I respect all of your opinions and most off all your shared passion for music.

Your entire rant was just blatantly obvious and something that we all already know.

Yeah, I did say that in the first line... but I had a point I wanted to make it and so I did. Why don't you go make ANOTHER five or six threads about how you don't like the song.

I just wanted to take the time to bring attention to something that I would hope that most of us already know... your musical tastes are a matter of opinion. ETIAW is just a song and if you like it... that's great. If you don't like it... that's fine too. No one is right... no one is wrong. There is no reason to try to convince someone that hates the song that they should love it and there is also no reason to tell someone who loves it that they are just fooling themselves for doing so. You just hate it because it's a pop song or you just like it cause you would like anything Coldplay puts out... who cares? At the end of the day everyone is gonna feel how they feel about the song and nothing is gonna change that. Creating multiple posts making fun of the song seems a bit pointless to me but if you love the song and seeing those jokes pisses you off then just stay out of those threads... there is really no reason to go in there and try to defend your point because your not gonna change anyone's mind and that thread wasnt meant for you anyway. The same goes for the other side... if you see a poster raving about the song then just leave them to enjoy it. What's the point of trying to tell them they are wrong or the song is shit... you're not gonna change their mind anymore then they will yours. Demanding in depth reasons for why someone does not agree with you just seems a tad silly and in the end just a waste of time. It is amazing that we have this place to have spirited discussions and debate on our views on music but if you ask me I just think today it got a little out of hand. I'm not trying to tell anyone how or what to post and just know that I respect all of your opinions and most off all your shared passion for music.

Very well said and I agree 100%. That said, I really am saddened by all the immature comments and negativity!

If we already knew that and was obvious then why are people still criticising fans of the new song so much??? Hmmm? Well I think they need to be reminded of it all being opinion :P

To criticize others' opinions on music is ignorant. However, most of the criticism is centered around the fact that people blindly (or deafly?) follow the band because of what they used to be.

Or because they're so hawt.

To criticize others' opinions on music is ignorant. However, most of the criticism is centered around the fact that people blindly (or deafly?) follow the band because of what they used to be.

Or because they're so hawt.

So what? Even if that's the case. It their choice to follow the band for that reason. Its still a matter of opinion of what matters to them :)

You can criticise them all you want but it wont change how they think :P

You don't think people should be criticized for following a band just for their looks? It's part of what's ruining the music industry. With the Jonas Brothers and then the Bieber kid...

I know it won't change what they think, but it's so incredibly deplorable that we feel a need to stand against it.

You don't think people should be criticized for following a band just for their looks? It's part of what's ruining the music industry. With the Jonas Brothers and then the Bieber kid...

I know it won't change what they think, but it's so incredibly deplorable that we feel a need to stand against it.

ok so Josh42 is going to stand up against teenage girls liking bands because they are attractive... by God it was about time someone had the courage to do this. you got it covered josh? awsome! so that leaves the rest of us with wars, world hunger, cultural oppression, natural disasters and the world wide economic crisis.

but you got that teenage girls liking cute bands thing under control right josh? right...

ok so Josh42 is going to stand up against teenage girls liking bands because they are attractive... by God it was about time someone had the courage to do this. you got it covered josh? awsome! so that leaves the rest of us with wars, world hunger, cultural oppression, natural disasters and the world wide economic crisis.

but you got that teenage girls liking cute bands thing under control right josh? right...

missed_the_point.jpg

Well first of all I highly doubt coldplay fans are following them for their looks, even if they r handsome :P we just see that as an added bonus :lol:

But still there is no need to attack people for their opinions if it wont change what they think. Its just satisfying your need to get your anger and annoyance out :\

its all about just being respectful dnt you think?

Ye and has anyone not remained respectful and civil?

Yea there have been occasions where ppl are less than respectful and civil.not necessarily talking about this whole deal about the new song, but with other topics as well.

Anyways my whole point is that maybe we should keep in mind that we gotta respect each other more :) which im sure everyone can agree is a good thing right?