✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Custom Coldplay Keyboard Progress

86Timewarp

I've been really fascinated by the way Coldplay customizes their instruments; Johnny and Guy both have writing and album covers on their guitars and Chris with his piano's painted to have lyrics on them. So I'm wondering should I customize my keyboard?

tumblr_lmwbdktQX61qkqvafo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1308335392&Signature=iItEraI1vNpcq0jxcKeBmmi9E6I%3D

broken wires? you could have fixed that in a minute :D

well if you've already taken it apart, then i suppose you must craft a housing, which in turn can be painted as desired - so why did you ask in the first place if you're bsically doing it already ? :D

keep us up with pictures of the process

broken wires? you could have fixed that in a minute :D

well if you've already taken it apart, then i suppose you must craft a housing, which in turn can be painted as desired - so why did you ask in the first place if you're bsically doing it already ? :D

keep us up with pictures of the process

lmao thanks, i need a soldering iron to fix the wires. originally I was just gonna fix an Ab that wont work (turns out it was a strip of wiring under the keys that broke; cant fix it) so after a while i noticed how incredibly bad ass the keyboard looks without the case

tumblr_lmxvwiDAsv1qkqvafo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1308408659&Signature=8AWtJBfHAK13YE4O5DrHqR4he%2FQ%3D

What I want to do is make a folding piano, paint it black, and ether paint or printout COldplay decals to put on the piano

If you get your freaking hands on soldering wire?! :P dude, it would be lazy and lame if you didn't attach the 2nd speaker because you don't wanna go to a store and get some for like under a buck xD DO THAT

i like your drawings, seems you know what you are doing.

don't forget to protect the speakers btw....

dunno if plywood is the thing you're looking for, well definitely NOT HALF AN INCH !! :D

somewhere between .15" to .20" will do... anyway, half an inch of wood is pretty heavy for such a tiny keyboard ^^

whatever, you'll make it - keep us posted

If you get your freaking hands on soldering wire?! :P dude, it would be lazy and lame if you didn't attach the 2nd speaker because you don't wanna go to a store and get some for like under a buck xD DO THAT

i like your drawings, seems you know what you are doing.

don't forget to protect the speakers btw....

dunno if plywood is the thing you're looking for, well definitely NOT HALF AN INCH !! :D

somewhere between .15" to .20" will do... anyway, half an inch of wood is pretty heavy for such a tiny keyboard ^^

whatever, you'll make it - keep us posted

I'll upload the schimatics later, I'm going for 1/4 plywood :D protect the speakers got it!

Btw, do you know where I can find button straps and a screw-on handle?

i thought of letters as in "C_D_E_F_G_A_B" ^^

I'll upload the schimatics later, I'm going for 1/4 plywood :D protect the speakers got it!

Btw, do you know where I can find button straps and a screw-on handle?

button straps? sorry i'm not a native speaker xD button straps do ring a bell, but more with guitars, so if you are looking for the thingies to screw into guitars usually to attatch a strap, you're best off with a guitar shop or generally a musical supplier.

screw-on handles as well as soldering items can be found in hardware stores (i suppose you'd call'em like that? i've heard about "Home Depot", but i think basically any other store of this sort sells that stuff...)

button straps? sorry i'm not a native speaker xD button straps do ring a bell, but more with guitars, so if you are looking for the thingies to screw into guitars usually to attatch a strap, you're best off with a guitar shop or generally a musical supplier.

screw-on handles as well as soldering items can be found in hardware stores (i suppose you'd call'em like that? i've heard about "Home Depot", but i think basically any other store of this sort sells that stuff...)

I made a video my friend dont worry

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeMV82Efg0g[/ame]

it is working finally =D

phew, button straps, i know what you are talking about now... a sewing shop maybe? but i think you should go to a hardware / home improvement store, they do have that stuff, as well as everything you need do solder & proper handles. and they'll supply you with any kind of paint you'd want for your painting jobs... and the plywood =D

dude, these stores are just meant to deliver anything for any handicraft work, belive me, i'm used to them (building guitars myself & stuff...^^)

look in the department for curtains / drapes, i'd bet they have button straps or something similar.

shall the strap be made of leather? then i'd buy a guitar strap and cut it down until it fits. (there are farily cheap ones but you'll only want the leather ^^)