✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I think this album will be one of their best

TwistedPolitik

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) Florence is hot. I could fanboy over her for days.

Her legs are just...WOW. :shocked2::sneaky::wink3:

:embarrassed:

:escaping:

Did I mention that I love Coldplaying's smilies? :cool:

Her legs are just...WOW. :shocked2::sneaky::wink3

IKR? ;)

She's a goddess of talent and sexiness.

The chocolate shavings at the top are like ETIAW.

:nod:

Meaning I can wipe it off so I can enjoy the rest? :P

Sorry but I think we can not compare the albums because they are too different from each other. At least this is my personal guideline...I don't want to compare then, for me it is impossible but let me say that I love both.

True. I was merely comparing the quality of the songs, though--not their composition and style and so forth. :nice:

A Rush of Blood had: Clocks, The Scientist, Politik, Amsterdam, and A Rush of Blood to the Head

Viva had: Violet Hill, Cemeteries Of London, DaaHF, Viva La Vida, and (even though it wasn't included on the main album) Prospekt's March

I think the quality of songs is a very personal opinion when its not based on objectiv things like variety, variety in instruments and character of the songs, composition, building and so on. And in my opinion with regard to these criteria VLVODAAHF is musically (!) the best album of Coldplay. But that don't have to be your favorite, because musical quality don't mean that you like it.

Really, I enjoy VLVODAAHF soooo much, really! But if I have to choose 2 of the 4 albums I would take AROBTTH and Parachutes on a lonely isle, nevertheless I think that VLVODAAHF is the best album of Coldplay. ;)

Only my way of thinking. :)

EDIT: Really I think VLVODAAHF is musically perfection, they way it starts and ends... (Jon Hopkins theme) and so on....just perfect for me. But nobody has to love musical perfection. :D

I think the quality of songs is a very personal opinion when its not based on objectiv things like variety, variety in instruments and character of the songs, composition, building and so on. And in my opinion with regard to these criteria VLVODAAHF is musically (!) the best album of Coldplay. But that don't have to be your favorite, because musical quality don't mean that you like it.

Really, I enjoy VLVODAAHF soooo much, really! But if I have to choose 2 of the 4 albums I would take AROBTTH and Parachutes on a lonely isle, nevertheless I think that VLVODAAHF is the best album of Coldplay. ;)

EDIT: Really I think VLVODAAHF is musically perfection, they way it starts and ends... (Jon Hopkins theme) and so on....just perfect for me. But nobody has to love musical perfection. :D

musical Perfection :inquisitive: ummm no i know you say in your opinion VLV is their best album but when it comes to fact its AROBTTH those songs were amazing no words can describe them but VLV is too short i listen to the album and it feels like it takes me 5-10 minutes to get through it, nothing really WOWs me in that album :/ good album but not amazing

musical Perfection :inquisitive: ummm no i know you say in your opinion VLV is their best album but when it comes to fact its AROBTTH those songs were amazing no words can describe them but VLV is too short i listen to the album and it feels like it takes me 5-10 minutes to get through it, nothing really WOWs me in that album :/ good album but not amazing

It's not really on a FACTUAL basis as to which album is better. It's purely an opinion...

When you vehemently defend something it makes you seem like your argument isn't as strong. Like if you say something like (if I remember correctly) "ETIAW...when I hear the song it makes my head hurt" (I can't remember what exactly you said in a previous thread), that's COOL, but it's not up to you to say so matter-of-factly as to which music is better. All that's up to you is what you're listening to and your own personal opinion. Yes, you may express it here, but be open-minded. Otherwise it's no fun.

There is variety in Coldplay fans, which is awesome because it makes our group that much more diverse and improves us as a result. If we all agreed with you, there would be no forum. What's the point?

Some people like Coldplay's new, more epic sound as opposed to their older, refined AROBTTH/Parachutes sound. It's all up to perspective, and I don't think any of us have the right to belittle other people's music choices when it's such a personal experience.

We've all had such awesome experiences following this band. I know I have. Let's let everyone form their own opinions based solely on the music, and not some random internet guy's opinion. Because that's what they make music for, right? :)

Well yes, these are all just our opinions aren't they :nice:

Variety is a good thing, but remember that it can be bad to have too much of it. Like if Coldplay had decided to make each song on Viva fit into a different category of music (for example, one rap song, one country song, one jazz song and so forth) then it would seem as though the songs hadn't been crafted to flow together on an album--rather, like they were just picked out of a hat and scrapbooked together. I do agree that Viva did this well--each song was unique but had just enough in common with the next song that it made the album tighter as a whole unit.

I don't really think that variety = musical quality, but hey, as I said, just my opinion on things :)

Guest howyousawtheworld

VLV isn't too short. It's 45 minutes long but it's very brisk and sweeping. It covers a lot of ground in those 45 minutes more than any other Coldplay album and goes in many different directions while still remaining loyal to it's theme of life and death! It's a fantastic album and up there with AROBTTH as their best work. And then it kind of comes full circle from Life In Technicolor to The Escapist which wraps it up as the most fun and enjoyable album Coldplay have made in my opinion. People who have a problem with that album don't listen to the music.