✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I think this album will be one of their best

TwistedPolitik

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha same old debates going on; Parachutes v AROBTTH v VIVA... Poor old X&Y eh :(

I'm sure everybody on here would agree VIVA and AROBTTH are GREAT albums, but they each suffer from having one weak/filler song on them. I have always found 'A Whisper' very bland and in my opinion 'Yes' is an awfully weak track more worthy of b-side status. I would say Parachutes is stronger throughout, even if it doesn't perhaps contain quite so many stand-out singles.

Steve says hi :nod:

This is pratically our thread :P

Uh yeah, I agree with what Alex said.:cool:

Pretty much! :cool: :dance:

Haha same old debates going on; Parachutes v AROBTTH v VIVA... Poor old X&Y eh :(

I'm sure everybody on here would agree VIVA and AROBTTH are GREAT albums, but they each suffer from having one weak/filler song on them. I have always found 'A Whisper' very bland and in my opinion 'Yes' is an awfully weak track more worthy of b-side status. I would say Parachutes is stronger throughout, even if it doesn't perhaps contain quite so many stand-out singles.

Actually, I rather like 'A Whisper' and 'Yes' is pretty cool too :cool:

But . . . I really don't like 'Parachutes' (song) or 'High Speed'

If the songs they played live are anything to go by, it has it all so far. It has pop, it has more menacing stuff, it has some experimental stuff and some more ballad-like stuff. My favourite albums by Coldplay are Parachutes and Viva, this could join those as my favourite Coldplay albums.

Does anyone else have a great feeling about the album?

Hurts Like Heaven would be a good opener and ETIAW would be a good closer, like they've been doing at shows lately

LMFAO @ "menacing stuff" :laugh3:

I love "Yes!" I think it's one of the strongest on the album.

I don't think there is any filler on Viva...I can't picture it without any of its songs. It's quite concise.

Exactly! There are some people that I've talked to that wanted songs like Famous Old Painters and Lukas on Viva, but I honestly couldn't imagine how either of those songs could make Viva better--I can't think of the album being any different than how it is now! :P

I think A Whisper is a great track, the only thing that matters is that it doesn't sound like the other songs, which is actually good. It's up there with the rest of the album for me.

Yes is a masterpiece. That's also what I like about Viva La Vida album, the best songs can also be the worst for some, because they're all great.

*sigh* why are some of Coldplay's best songs so underrated?

Yeah I love how they don't use a repeating riff or pattern or anything. It's really cool.

Seriously! Chris' voice on "Yes" is so bold!

Gives me the chills :stunned:

Quick question guys , do you have to pre order the itunes bundle if you want to get the additional tracks or do we have to wait till the 27th and it will appear on itunes to buy ? If you do have to pre order it , how do i go about doing that because i cant seem to find anything on that topic in the coldplay search through itunes ?

Yeah , you can pre order different parts of the bundle , u can buy the single ETIAW itself or u can pre order the single that comes with Major minus with the special edition vinyl OR you can get the exclusive itunes bundle that comes with ETIAW , major minus and "extra tracks" ! But it doesnt say if you have to pre order the itunes one or if you just buy it on the 27th when its released on itunes ? Very confusing lol

I guess this is OT now but I really like the asymmetric rhythm on A Whisper. It transitions from the dreamy and sad ending of Warning Sign to an almost nightmarish confusion (which is the whole thing with the asymmetric rhythm [two quarter beats and a triplet...genius]) to A Rush of Blood to the Head. The whole ending of that album is beyond amazing.

Anyhow, LP5 is gonna b like awesome! :D

I guess I'm the minority here, I really enjoy A Whisper.

I don't think you're in the minority here.

I think I'll await the album and see what's on it, and then buy the other stuff. I really have no single clue what they're up to, the album might be less good than I expected at one stage, but it may be better than I thought it would be at another stage. I'll just sit here and wait.